Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Ahhh...the Peter Decker / Rina Lazarus series by Faye Kellerman...great series!
    In the last book, they discussed buying a fixer/upper home in Israel. Maybe a new series focus - Fix it or Kill Them! I don't see Olivia moving to Israel though, LOL. The problem with the small town move is that the crimes to solve are forced in plot development. In LA or NYC you have a big enough venue for weird things all the time.

Back to L and O, since Ice-T is appearing in lots of commercials, he sees the writing on the wall. The rest of the cast aren't that good to come up with another good role, IMHO. Anthony Anderson was good enough to do that. Noth was too. I don't see blondy and skinny going far.

More than a decade after its cancellation, NBC announced today that they are bringing the original Law & Order series back for a 21st season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

Tonite's LAW:OC...

"I loved her!!" Jeez! When are they going to stop using this hack line on this show?

I liked what they did about the Elliot/Olivia situation however...spoilers:
    I'm not sure I like way they ended it. Kathy really wrote most of the note? How does that even make sense? They should have had an awkward conversation about their relationship and then decided to just remain friends. It would have been more realistic and more logical.
    end of spoilers

On that note...spoilers:
    Elliot stumbled over to Benson place completely effed up. Why didn't any of the mob guys follow him out of the bar when was clearly wasted? I mean, at point they think he's their buddy, wouldn't they go check on him?
    end of spoilers

I'm starting to warm up to Ainsley Seiger's character.

I liked the twist with Vinnie Jone's character, however spoilers:
    I still think he would have killed Elliot for finding out he was gay. He seems to killed people for less.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

SVU stinks, that's all I can say. The plots are ridiculous, procedures and laws are violated. The acting is childish.

Why do I watch , because I want to hang with the family but that's not going to cut it anymore.

Looks like SVU is back to the number of letters in the episode title (not including spaces) equals the current season number, in this case 23. Neat.

spoilers:
    If Kat had died in the ambulance, Fin would have been the first who ever killed someone with a bad joke.
    end of spoilers

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    SVU stinks, that's all I can say. The plots are ridiculous, procedures and laws are violated. The acting is childish.

Why do I watch , because I want to hang with the family but that's not going to cut it anymore.
    I think we have all known SVU is pretty out there in nonsense land. I mean Stabler would have been fired way back at the start. Almost every 2000's era promo for SVU was basically..."This week on SVU , STABLER IS PUSHED TO THE EDGE !!" as he does actions a normal cop would be fired over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, this season it's : Olivia fights DA SYSTEM!

Like that gets you promoted to in the NYPD. I hope the new shows gets back to basic crime procedurals. I don't need social lectures every week. Ice-T: Hang in there, Liv. That's his standard dialog. Oh, for the days with a decent ADA.

Its the only two gears SVU has. Stabler/Stabler Stand-In (Amaro) problems, or Benson vs the World.

I guess people tuned out when Meloni left, but his immediate "successor" was Nick Amaro and they pretty much treated him the same, just not with as much latitude. When they finally figured out it that only works with Stabler himself, they shifted to Benson on crusades.

Interestingly, this might be the first time it makes sense. When your job is, literally, to investigate rapes, and now you answer to a boss that says this isn't a rape based on how investigating it might affect his own job, that presents a dilemma. He doesn't care about the victims, just quick results, and more than likely political aspirations (is there a position above chief of police?).

True about Finn though. Maybe they'll promote him to lieutenant and he'll be the new commanding officer of the rebooted Original Flavor L&O?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think we have all known SVU is pretty out there in nonsense land. I mean Stabler would have been fired way back at the start. Almost every 2000's era promo for SVU was basically..."This week on SVU , STABLER IS PUSHED TO THE EDGE !!" as he does actions a normal cop would be fired over.
    Well, this was a time when police brutality was given less coverage than it is now and this type of behavior from law enforcement, military or intelligence was not only common in fiction but glorified (see 24).

Hell, people have called Amaro a Stabler stand-in and it likely isn't a coincidence that his actor's character on a previous procedural show, Cold Case, started acting very much like Stabler during the show's final years.

Astonishing Member

One problem I had with Stabler (besides his rule violation) is that he was a crappy fighter. Always getting the crap knocked out of him, losing the gun fight, not knowing what to do in a scenario that should have been well trained. Was supposed to be a tough guy but in actually a paper tiger.

Not that any of them could fight. Liv certainly couldn't.

Every time I heard: "I'm putting my gun down" - bah

Also Stabler was supposed to be a marine before he joined the force. The only fight I remember that he was in (and won) that was actually pretty good was when he fought an astronaut turned murderer played by James Brolin.

Unsurprisingly, there's a segment of the Law & Order fandom who are idiotic scumbags.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Unsurprisingly, there's a segment of the Law & Order fandom who are idiotic scumbags.
    I'm not sure how writing that letter even makes Kathy a bad person? I mean, I thought it was a dumb idea from a plot/writing/relationship aspect but still why should we be mad at her?