Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

I thought tonite's OC climax was pretty solid. I guess the SUV/OC upcoming crossover will be to tie up the loose ends from OC's last season.

Perhaps I missed something but why was Eddie Wanger's son at the gym? What happened to the cop who was taking him to the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps I missed something but why was Eddie Wanger's son at the gym? What happened to the cop who was taking him to the airport?
    No, you didn't. Me theory is Maldonado took him to the airport and left him there, and Louis double-backed after exchanging his ticket for another at a later date (Elliot arranged for him to have 10k in cash on him) to say thanks. The show should have been clearer about this though, viewers shouldn't have to extrapolate this. I also wonder if somehow Louis isn't dead, cause Elliot's lack of response to his death is...bizarre.

Looking at the promo for the SVU/OC crossover...I'm kinda convinced the idea was to have Barba be the lead for the "For the Defense" spinoff before the show got shelved. Now I'm wondering if it got shelved (as well as "Hate Crimes") once Original Flavor was back on the menu.

The latest casting news regarding the revival of the original series includes a returning star and a new hire.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I was hoping Anthony Anderson would return, since it'll be after he's done with black-ish. I was hoping he'd be the commanding officer though.

Here's some Law & Order: SVU casting news.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I was hoping Anthony Anderson would return, since it'll be after he's done with black-ish. I was hoping he'd be the commanding officer though.
    Hopefully that happens. Hopefully he's at least sergeant level now. I wonder will they revisit that storyline where he had a child by a woman who was a "cop groupie" and heckling him regularly about child support....

Tonight is the two-parter, SVU/OC crossover where Wheatley is on trial and Barba is defending him.

So far...I'm loving it. Its basically putting Stabler on trial, and its a long time coming. He's never really answered for his anger issues (even if he's "calmer" now I guess) and its coming back to bite him. Barba made some good points, especially the irony of Bell suing the NYPD for police misconduct.

Poor Eli. Well they say you never forget your first...

Anything with Stabler's family , especially Eli. Is a drag on the show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Anything with Stabler's family , especially Eli. Is a drag on the show.
    It does seem a weird followup to the Wheatley trial, or should I say mistrial. I want to know what Richie Jr. saw offscreen lol

It never dawned on me Wheatley's wife was faking. Nice swerve.

You know...Elliot is an a-hole. That tough guy bull, GET HELP. He sees its now affecting his son, like the doctor said he's not scared OF him but FOR him. And then the show had the nerve to do a PSA about emotional stress at the end.

Anyway...

Next year when the show returns, we get Declan Murphy back for an ep, and then Elliot will have to work with a now free Wheatley. This is gonna be interesting.

Invincible Member

I thought the crossover was pretty decent. I appreciate that Olivia and Elliot finally addressed on camera how dumb last season's "will they won't they" sub-plot was and resolved to just be friends. And Benson's telling Elliot, "Since you've been back you haven't asked me anything about my life." It seemed like a nice bit of meta-commentary on the weakness of the previous season.

I also appreciated that they didn't drag out the old "Wake Up With a Dead Girl in The Room" trope and got it over with half way through. There was more room to have the characters act more like people and less like cliches.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It does seem a weird followup to the Wheatley trial, or should I say mistrial. I want to know what Richie Jr. saw offscreen lol
    I'm sure some dude just sorta frowned at him.