Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    About half the stuff I’m really interested in. Which is actually a lot better than things have been lately.

Very excited about Superman and The Authority, Batman/Superman, and PJK’s Action looks good.

Getting:
    Static
    Icon and Rocket
    Suicide Squad: Get Joker
    Batman: Reptilian
    Batman: The Detective
    Checkmate
    Crime Syndicate
    Infinite Frontier
    Justice League
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Batman: Second Son
    The Other History
    Wonder Girl

That’s a pretty good haul.

Jaime Reyes, Vibe, etc. still no where to be seen. Cool that Yara is getting a book, but DC continues their one Hispanic/Latino character at a time rule.

Still bitter about Titans Academy as the new kids I don’t give a bat’s ass about are taking page time away from so many criminally unused teen heroes. And I sound like a cranky old Superman fan, but I hope Son of Kal El crashes and burns. DC again trying to make Superman cool, young, and angsty. No thanks.

P.S. you damn kids get off my lawn!
    NEVER!! now give us our ball back old man!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    About half the stuff I’m really interested in. Which is actually a lot better than things have been lately.

Very excited about Superman and The Authority, Batman/Superman, and PJK’s Action looks good.

Getting:
    Static
    Icon and Rocket
    Suicide Squad: Get Joker
    Batman: Reptilian
    Batman: The Detective
    Checkmate
    Crime Syndicate
    Infinite Frontier
    Justice League
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Batman: Second Son
    The Other History
    Wonder Girl

That’s a pretty good haul.

Jaime Reyes, Vibe, etc. still no where to be seen. Cool that Yara is getting a book, but DC continues their one Hispanic/Latino character at a time rule.

Still bitter about Titans Academy as the new kids I don’t give a bat’s ass about are taking page time away from so many criminally unused teen heroes. And I sound like a cranky old Superman fan, but I hope Son of Kal El crashes and burns. DC again trying to make Superman cool, young, and angsty. No thanks.

P.S. you damn kids get off my lawn!
    Hold up let me do a head count here for a second on new and younger replacements/legacy characters for a second here.

Superman (Jon), Batman (Jace), Wonder Woman/Girl (Yara), Green Lantern (Jo), Mister Miracle (Shilo), Swamp Thing (Levi), all those new Titans Academy kids; Punchline, Naomi, and Teen Lantern are still pretty new. Did I miss anyone?

Edit: New Black Lantern, right!
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-24-2021 at 05:01 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Superman and the authority- Not really a Superman fan but I'm a huge Morrison fan. I don't think it'll hurt to pick up this 3 issue mini.
    Batman Reptilian- I'm honestly here for the Sharp art. I've become a huge fan of his since Green Lantern.
    Justice League- I read Bendis' first issue and enjoyed. I'm hoping this will do what New Avengers did for me.
    Nightwing- Taylor's first issue was great, I'm hoping he can keep it up. Never read much nightwing before, so hopefully this will be my run.
    Swamp thing- the first couple of issues were great, I'm hoping Ram V can pull this series off.

Overall, a busy month for me DC wise

Edit. Is Justice League doing a Crossover with checkmate or can I just skip checkmate?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Superman and the authority- Not really a Superman fan but I'm a huge Morrison fan. I don't think it'll hurt to pick up this 3 issue mini.
    Batman Reptilian- I'm honestly here for the Sharp art. I've become a huge fan of his since Green Lantern.
    Justice League- I read Bendis' first issue and enjoyed. I'm hoping this will do what New Avengers did for me.
    Nightwing- Taylor's first issue was great, I'm hoping he can keep it up. Never read much nightwing before, so hopefully this will be my run.
    Swamp thing- the first couple of issues were great, I'm hoping Ram V can pull this series off.

Overall, a busy month for me DC wise

Edit. Is Justice League doing a Crossover with checkmate or can I just skip checkmate?
    Mate, if you like Sharp's work - check out his stint on the Hulk with Peter David (#425-432). His Wonder Woman stuff with Greg Rucka was top-notch too!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im glad the solits are out.This is true DC had to fire a lot of people,So how do they still put out books.Is it because some of then is marvel writers
    Im just wondering about what happened at dc,Also I heard about superman president.When did that happen I thought Future state told what happen
    If the purse-strings are being tightened, general staff seem like the easiest and quickest choice to make. Creative talent are cut when books are cancelled and fewer books means less income. DC needs to cut staff not allocated to a book. At least my rudimentary basic kniwledge of economics thinks so.

President Superman is explained here:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kalel_(Earth_23)
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Justice League #64 and 65 -mainly for JLDark. And even though it solidifies the existence of the recent Legion I'm kinda interested in seeing the United Planet Brigade (or L.E.G.I.O.N. 2.0).

Blue & Gold #1 -finally, 30 years after they should've gotten a series.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Mate, if you like Sharp's work - check out his stint on the Hulk with Peter David (#425-432). His Wonder Woman stuff with Greg Rucka was top-notch too!
    Or Wonder Woman/Batman, which he drew and wrote.

Still wish for an oversized collection of Sharp's Wonder Woman/Batman. That book was beautiful.

So, July, gonna be an expensive month. Definitely Son of Kal-El, Superman & The Authority, Action, Static, Icon & Rocket, SHAZAM!, Batman/Superman, Batman: Reptilian, Batman: The Adventures Continue, Super Sons, Checkmate, Crush & Lobo, Green Lantern, Infinite Frontier, JL, Sensational WW, Superman R&B, TT Academy, The Flash, Other History of the DCU, WW, WW B&G. Blue & Gold and JLI will have to trade-wait, as will the Aquaman HC. I'm tempted to get the Huntress one-shot, since it is a one-shot, and it's Lapham on art.

BANNED

Superman and the Authority #1
    Batman: Reptilian #2
    Checkmate #2
    Justice League #64-65
    The Swamp Thing #5

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Action Comics
    Batman/Superman
    Nightwing
    Flash
    Suicide Squad
    Swamp Thing
    Batman the detective
    Wonder Girl
    Batman TAC S2

Adding from July.

For Sure
    Blue and Gold
    JL Unlimited

Maybe
    Superman Son of Kal el - Just the first issue if anything
    Superman and the Authority - Very weird choice but its Superman so its an automatic consider.
    Huntress one shot

Dropped
    JL- The recent issue wasnt bad but no interest in Checkmate or any of the plots and its Bendis.
    Robin - Looks like Connor Hawke is no longer in here which is the reason Im getting it so bye bye.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    JL- The recent issue wasnt bad but no interest in Checkmate or any of the plots and its Bendis.
    I'm kinda torn. The ideas he's had with Checkmate, and focusing on the 'Dennis O'Neil' type of street characters is something I like. I just don't like his dialogue and characterization so much.

Meanwhile, the United Planets Brigade looks like the L.E.G.I.O.N./Rebels mash-up that I've always wanted to see... Legion connections, Tamaran, Thanagar, Dominators, maybe Rann...But it's Bendis.
    And it's probably one of those situations where you can't have one without the other, with the 'other' in this case being his Legion Redux, which I have no interest in.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I've actually added two super titles to my dc list, bringing it up to 6; with blue and gold.
    Last edited by protege; 04-25-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Justice League and Wonder Girl for me and that's it.i'm so done w DC'S BATMAN UNIVERSE.

Just Nightwing 82 for sure. Maybe Batman Reptilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm kinda torn. The ideas he's had with Checkmate, and focusing on the 'Dennis O'Neil' type of street characters is something I like. I just don't like his dialogue and characterization so much.

Meanwhile, the United Planets Brigade looks like the L.E.G.I.O.N./Rebels mash-up that I've always wanted to see... Legion connections, Tamaran, Thanagar, Dominators, maybe Rann...But it's Bendis.
    And it's probably one of those situations where you can't have one without the other, with the 'other' in this case being his Legion Redux, which I have no interest in.
    I would had been more interesting in the Superwatch.
    And I fear that issue is hinting the return of Rogol Zaar. Ugh.
    Pass.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin