Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They should have killed Wanda in HOM #1. It would have saved everyone the unnecessary headache that we are still dealing with like 15 years later
    Especially in Children’s Crusade since she was basically begging for death. They really should have just killed her so she could comeback with a some what clean slate.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They should have killed Wanda in HOM #1. It would have saved everyone the unnecessary headache that we are still dealing with like 15 years later
    Better, kill her off in Avengers Dissembled and use an actual X-character as the plot device so the whole mess would just be another X-office civil war.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We should all do a group readathon of HoM and Disassembled so we can refresh our minds for evil MCU Wanda and Hickman Wanda.

Also remember Evolution Wanda inspired by crazy Wanda
    Yes, that's the only understanding of the character X-fans are willing to form.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    im cool with them reaching a point where each side is civil....but I don't need or particularly want to see Wanda involved to much in the X side of things I feel like her impact on the X books has not only been mostly negative but way to much of a plot point and it just reminds me of an era I would like to forget which imo the X brand was damaged perhaps purposely by guys like Quesada who was never the biggest X fan to begin with.
    Yeah, and leave each other in peace and probably just ignore each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    What evil MCU wanda? she isn't evil
    She’s not good either. She’s more like a Kaiju at this point in terms of moral alignment

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Some X-fans love to makes assumptions about Wanda and her fans, how many people say stuff like "she is always this way" according to Post-2005 material and stuff by X-writers?
    Wanda became a narrative slave to X-franchise because of two stories that barely featured her. butchered her lore and throw her out of comics for bloody years. It will always be funny to me that X-fans will tell Wanda fans to "own it up" while complaining all the time about their favs getting the "bad writing".
    Like seriously I would not really care if Wanda can get some steady appearances outside of X-franchise where she can do her own stuff un-disturbed, but being a narrative slave to X-franchise and trashed by its fans is just her current state.
    If your fav got hijacked by a way bigger franchise and used as a plot device and stuck for like how many years, would you want a permanent break?
    Edit: Basically she was used as a "negative plot device" she couldn't possibly make up for later since she is not really an X-character and thus not allowed an equally positive role, she shouldn't have been dragged to do that **** in the first place. Cutting her off from X-franchise entirely is the way to go at this point. Her connection is strong enough to enabled her initial status as a plot device, but not strong enough to grant her any real resolution. Just bloody murder her in X-Men and let her crawl out of her grave off-screen or something, like they always do with Wanda, minimal effort.
    "Narrative Slave" nails it. The striking thing is Wanda is mentioned to drive the narratives of other characters, while her own narrative is absolutely non-existent. Robinson and Zub have both tried to restore her narrative, only to hit a wall. Wasn't she with Jericho? No one at Marvel cares, so no one knows either way. She was at Billy's wedding, but was nothing more than a background NPC with no dialogue.

If there was any serious kind of redemptive or forward moving arc planned for Wanda, they would have begun to re-build her relationships with Pietro, Billy, Tommy, Jericho, Agatha, Vision, Viv, and members of that team she used to be on many eons ago. They conspicuously have not. That actually tells us alot about what lies ahead.

My guess is that Hickman is going to heavily focus on Magneto, with Wanda existing entirely as the prop for his character arc of conflict with the zealots such as Exodus, reversing his and Xavier's roles. She's now more of a plot device than ever before. Where will Wanda be at the end of this? Where she is now, basically. The fundamental problem is she has no narrative of her own. It would take substantial work to reverse that situation, work that would demand a degree of will and effort that is simply not there.

I would have her focus on her witchcraft, maybe teaching other witches, lead the Midnight Sons and have her mysticism and Avengers experience play into leading that team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    She’s not good either. She’s more like a Kaiju at this point in terms of moral alignment
    MCU Wanda is more based on her mystical lore, where she has to overcome her own dark-side and master her Chaos Magic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also anyone have that panel of Strange scanning Wanda and saying he couldn't detect any external influence its my favourite part of HoM/Disassembled
    "No external influence".

Chthon laughed so hard at that that the Flickering Realms almost imploded.

Mighty Member

A friendly reminder that Scarlet Witch had killed 3 Avengers, create a "House of M" reality for everyone and even cast a "No more mutants" spell all because when she found out her twin children were official dead thank to the mind warping by Agatha Harkness.

The bad thing is that Wanda could be the next Hank Pym, alway keep bringing up about her decimation.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 04-28-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    A friendly reminder that Scarlet Witch had killed 3 Avengers, create a "House of M" reality for everyone and even cast a "No more mutants" spell all because when she found out her twin children were official dead thank to the mind warping by Agatha Harkness.

The bad thing is that Wanda could be the next Hank Pym, alway keep bringing up about her decimation.
    She already is the next Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She already is the next Hank Pym.
    It's interesting people say that in that I've seen the argument hank will never get past what happened because he is a man and Wanda won't get past what she did because she is a woman. But look at the scale in difference. It's fun just reading views sometimes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's interesting people say that in that I've seen the argument hank will never get past what happened because he is a man and Wanda won't get past what she did because she is a woman. But look at the scale in difference. It's fun just reading views sometimes.
    there is a big difference though. what hank did had more build up in the story and you could see him getting wore and worse. wanda just sort of happened because bendis wanted the avengers to be destroyed from within, then m day because editorial wanted to reduce to mutant population further and bendis picked her again to do it.
    hank was a natural story progression, wanda was a scapegoat for the writers to do what they wanted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Which only happened because Bendis doesn't bother to learn the character's history, like at all, a friendly reminder that her supposed trauma was resolved in West Coast Avengers Annual by Roy Thomas.
    Agatha wanted to spare her the pain by erasing her memory, she got it back later in WCA annual like I said, but of course you don't bother to do the research and just assume Bendis's **** is right.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Which only happened because Bendis doesn't bother to learn the character's history, like at all, a friendly reminder that her supposed trauma was resolved in West Coast Avengers Annual by Roy Thomas.
    Agatha wanted to spare her the pain by erasing her memory, she got it back later in WCA annual like I said, but of course you don't bother to do the research and just assume Bendis's **** is right.
    Too Know the Canon! :-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!