Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's kind of depicted as both. She had mania due to possession of the life force. But now has depression. Which is likely due to a lifetime of tragedy.

I think she could still handle it. She might not have meant for it to happen, but it still did because she sought out to bring her kids back. So possessed or not, it's something she should be able to handle, because people have had to handle it without choice because of M-day.

It's just that comics have waited too late to make any of it seem sincere. Like what were they waiting on?

Mental illness itself does not make someone decide to hurt people. More often than not it leads to self harm. A person has to be an ******* to want to kill people. That is why there are people who murder who don't have a mental illness. They might just have anger issues mixed with low morals. So there can be people with mental illness that do bad things, but the mental illness isn't mostly why. They are just an ******* that also has mental illness.

It's a stereotype like any other. There are plenty of mentally ill people who are high functioning and able to go about their lives without harming anyone.

Wanda is not mentally fragile when not possessed.
    Or in her case a selfish rhymes-with-witch.
    My flag is bacon.

Spectacular Member

This thread is a prefect example of why HoM quite possibly may be the worse event ever in my mind. Completely ruin a character for editorial decisions to the point where no resolution could possibly satisfy both X-fans and Wanda fans. Great job Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Or in her case a selfish rhymes-with-witch.
    Nah, Wanda has never been that. And wasn't seeking out to kill anyone.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

She altered reality for her own benefit, not caring about what happened.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    She altered reality for her own benefit, not caring about what happened.
    That makes her selfish but not a bitch. A bitch sets out to hate or harm. She didn't do that. Like it or not, she didn't have mutants in consideration when she went to Doom.

Her intention most likely wasn't to kill but it was to mutilate.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Her intention most likely wasn't to kill but it was to mutilate.
    It was neither. She only had bringing her kids back in consideration. She wasn't thinking of mutants when she took on the life force. From that point on she became possessed. These are 17 year old discussions being circled again. This is why it needs put to bed.

It was neither. She only had bringing her kids back in consideration. She wasn't thinking of mutants when she took on the life force. From that point on she became possessed. These are 17 year old discussions being circled again. This is why it needs put to bed.
    Oh you're talking when she went to Doom and was aware she was meddling with dark magic?

I thought we were passed discussing that as its fairly definitive that she sought dark magic despite knowing the risk.

I thought we were talking about Wandas lucidity when she said no more mutants. In a way she was quite lucid as she knew how to punish Magneto. The intent at that moment was to mutilate

I hope we are discussing M day for the next 50 years. This is her definitive story and imo makes her an interesting villain on par with Cassandra Nova

Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch aka the Boogeyman
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-27-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Not that I want it but with all this animosity towards Wanda both in MU and amongst fans it would be hilarious if Wanda's revealed to be a mutant again and given a Krakoan citizenship since Krakoa doesn't care about any of its citizens' past actions as long as they are a mutant.

Oh you're talking when she went to Doom and was aware she was meddling with dark magic?

I thought we were passed discussing that as its fairly definitive that she sought dark magic despite knowing the risk.

I thought we were talking about Wandas lucidity when she said no more mutants. In a way she was quite lucid as she knew how to punish Magneto. The intent at that moment was to mutilate

I hope we are discussing M day for the next 50 years. This is her definitive story and imo makes her an interesting villain on par with Cassandra Nova

Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch aka the Boogeyman
    Wanda was possessed when she said no more mutants. The Life Force was not removed until TCC. She is responsible herself for Genosha.

50 years for a fictional story is a bit obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Wanda in the crucible you guys are losing it on this thread my goodness.

The crucible is about the fight to stay alive. It is about understanding that the pain of living without being who you really are is worse than death. That if you are a true mutant you are going to fight to the death to protect your fellow mutants.

Mutants have been targets all of their lives and you need to be ready to fight to protect your self even if the circumstances don't favor you. The reason the crucible is brutal is because being a mutant on earth is all about violence because that is what the humans have taught them.

If they simply brought back mutants in some peaceful manner they wouldn't be able to tell who is truly ready to protect the island in its time of need. Right now because Krakoa is still new they need to bring back characters that are going to help protect the island first and foremost.

So in short yes the crucible is brutal but it is nothing compared to life without your powers or what the humans will do to you so you better be ready here and now or keep it moving.

Rest of their life? Do you not understand that there are mutants who died during M day who are just now being brought back to life?

As far as these mutants are concerned M day was basically a month ago.

Than you have the other 2 sets of mutants the ones who lived but lost their powers and than the ones that lived who kept their powers.

We saw the lives of those that kept their powers because they were rounded up like cattle and fighting for survival every day all under the belief that they were going to die out with nothing they could do about it.

Then the last set which are the ones who had their whole id of who they were striped from them. These people the ones that truly loved being a mutant had that taken away from them. I don't think I have to go into the damage of striping the id of someone and how cruel that really is and not only that but they could still be targets because hateful people around them would still remember that they were mutants. That makes them a target even without their powers to help them.

The only people who would be happy about what happened at M day would be people who didn't want to be mutants in the first place and they wouldn't come to Krakoa any way cause they wanted to be "normal"
    Not everybody on the island wants to fight. There are those who just want to live a life free of discrimination for just being born. The crucible, as you stated it’s survivalist meaning, is antithetical to Krakoa being a safe place where all of it’s citizens don’t have to worry about fighting constant threats. Wanda should be the one they face in the Crucible cause she did cause their suffering and she is strong enough to see it, hear it, and end it. It gives closure, not necessarily forgiveness, but it starts the healing process for both parties. Hopefully Way-of-X and I trust Spurrier to do a good job to bring a better option or a less brutal why for the Crucible than Apocalypse survival of the fittest philosophy.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 04-27-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Mental illness itself does not make someone decide to hurt people. More often than not it leads to self harm. A person has to be an ******* to want to kill people. That is why there are people who murder who don't have a mental illness. They might just have anger issues mixed with low morals. So there can be people with mental illness that do bad things, but the mental illness isn't mostly why. They are just an ******* that also has mental illness.
    This is such a great take, I agree 100%. I don't think Wanda wanted to hurt people because of mental illness. I think its because shes genuinely an *******.

I will quote this and keep it in my user footer.

Thanks for posting this.

Wanda was possessed when she said no more mutants. The Life Force was not removed until TCC. She is responsible herself for Genosha.

50 years for a fictional story is a bit obsessive.
    Wanda wasn't possessed when she sought out the power despite knowing the consequences

Wanda wasn't possessed when she sought out the power despite knowing the consequences
    Right, that was way before M-day. After the life force possessed her was M-day. This isn't difficult to understand.

Right, that was way before M-day. After the life force possessed her was M-day. This isn't difficult to understand.
    Right, she sought out Dark Magic and was aware that it was dark magic and knew the consequences and did it anyway. And took the life force anyway