Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but I would not put it past marvel getting them back just in time for their respective movies. Itīs not the first time they die either.

Secret Empire revealed that Steve was fake and we got the real Steve back to fight him off same with Tonny his "dead" ended with him taking back his Iron Man identity and yes she wasnīt a plot device on the MCU but she was not a protagonist, just a supporting character and thatīs my point, sheīs now going to become a protagonist on the MCU and it doesnīt make commercial sense to keep her on limbo. But well I will just wait and see because we donīt know their inmediate plans and who knows, maybe they will indeed keep her out for some time before getting her back.
    Yeah I know they did that after. Before that they were telling us all it was the real Steve. Which was bs. I think back to that post where Brevoort said making fans mad is profitable. And that was probably what they were trying to do there.

US Agent is a support character in the MCU though and is very, very new. I just don't have any faith in Marvel with Wanda. It'll take a while for that to turn around and stay that way before I'd feel like I didn't need to temper expectations so much.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I know they did that after. Before that they were telling us all it was the real Steve. Which was bs. I think back to that post where Brevoort said making fans mad is profitable. And that was probably what they were trying to do there.
    Yes still I believe Stevil was a better villain for Cap to fight than even Red Skull because heīs more layered and still represents the danger of nationalism,love or appreciation for the country, or simply a sense of belonging and how different that is in comparision of facism, thatīs what I took from that story but obviously I can see how long time Cap fans hated it and wanted that story gone, so yes Bevroort still got his angry fans.

US Agent is a support character in the MCU though and is very, very new. I just don't have any faith in Marvel with Wanda. It'll take a while for that to turn around and stay that way before I'd feel like I didn't need to temper expectations so much.
    Yes but we meet his parents, girlfriend, how much he wanted to be a good Cap to leave behind his war memories, how much his friend meant to him and how out of control he can be given the chance and still believe heīs right and some fans are still wondering to where his meeting with Valentina Alegra will lead him, the series was not about him but he had his own arc in the story.

In the case of Wanda we meet her because she and Pietro hated Tony, got scared of what Ultron was doing,losses Pietro and takes out Ultron but at not point we get a focus on how she feels about all this, later sheīs ok working with Tony for no reason other than sheīs now an Avenger and fights to defend Vision from Thanos because she loves him but at no point we see what she saw in Vish to fall in love with him, how did she felt about Pietro, why isnīt she angry with Tony, etc all this internal live of the character was left on the wayside until WandaVision addressed all of this so thatīs the difference I see between US Agent and Wanda.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-21-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

she loves him but at no point we see what she saw in Vish to fall in love with him
    This is one of the things I can't stand about how the MCU has treated Wanda. From what we saw in Civil War Vision disrespected Wanda's boundaries, even though she says she's told him about it before, he confines her to Avenger's Tower, he hands her over to be put in a shock collar and straight jacket then the next movie expects me to buy that they were "true love" just because the movie tells me? Yeah, right. Then Wandavision comes around and "oh he watched a sitcom with her once." Yeah right, like that makes up for how he treated her on screen? He couldn't even be bothered to help with her rescue from prison.

All that combined with how the MCU has changed Wanda from Jewish to Christian and turned her Romani heritage into a Halloween costume, I'm far more hopeful that Trial of Magneto will end with Wanda revived and allow her a chance to do some stuff on the mutant side of things.

Also, just generally speaking I'd love to see Wanda and Jean do something together now that adult Jean has the memories of teen Jean. I liked the issue where Wanda and teen Jean cook together, relax, and bond over the higher expectations and wariness others place over them.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    This is one of the things I can't stand about how the MCU has treated Wanda. From what we saw in Civil War Vision disrespected Wanda's boundaries, even though she says she's told him about it before, he confines her to Avenger's Tower, he hands her over to be put in a shock collar and straight jacket then the next movie expects me to buy that they were "true love" just because the movie tells me? Yeah, right. Then Wandavision comes around and "oh he watched a sitcom with her once." Yeah right, like that makes up for how he treated her on screen? He couldn't even be bothered to help with her rescue from prison.
    Yes this bothered me too, it makes me think the writers liked or just wanted to represent their romance but didnīt address any of the issues their romance would have given the circunstances. Tony talked about Vision being hurt from her attack but we donīt see her react to being put in jail with a collar around her and no Vish in sight, in fact, given he captured her itīs possible he send her there himself or let Ross take her there and at no point we see them address this.

All that combined with how the MCU has changed Wanda from Jewish to Christian and turned her Romani heritage into a Halloween costume, I'm far more hopeful that Trial of Magneto will end with Wanda revived and allow her a chance to do some stuff on the mutant side of things.
    Well Wanda never has been specifically jewish or Christian or from any particular religion in comics before becoming a witch so I donīt think thatīs really a point agaisnīt her characterization in the MCU imo but yes that comment about her costume and her country was in poor taste because she would never say anything like that in the comics and yes I would like if she could interact with the X-men in a more positive way and leave behind decimation definitely.

Also, just generally speaking I'd love to see Wanda and Jean do something together now that adult Jean has the memories of teen Jean. I liked the issue where Wanda and teen Jean cook together, relax, and bond over the higher expectations and wariness others place over them.
    Jean and Wanda donīt really have a stablished relationship so it would be interesting if a writer explored them or made them interact at some point.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-21-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Spectacular Member

I would like if she could interact with the X-men in a more positive way and leave behind decimation definitely.

Jean and Wanda donīt really have a stablished relationship so it would be interesting if a writer explored them or made them interact at some point.
    Same. Considering how many Chekov's Handguns, foreshadowing, just general reminders they've been doing I am expecting something of a status quo change. I hate "the pretender" label as much as anyone else, but for a reader it does make sure that they have the past events in mind when reading what happens currently. They just released an X-Men Legends issue when Pietro was on X-Factor. Wanda has been mostly out of sight other than Empyre, which also served to remind readers of the Decimation and that Wanda wants to make up for it.

Assuming a competent writer, and lack of editorial stepping in, all of those leads me to think that the writers want those details in mind as they work on what is coming up.

Same. Considering how many Chekov's Handguns, foreshadowing, just general reminders they've been doing I am expecting something of a status quo change. I hate "the pretender" label as much as anyone else, but for a reader it does make sure that they have the past events in mind when reading what happens currently. They just released an X-Men Legends issue when Pietro was on X-Factor. Wanda has been mostly out of sight other than Empyre, which also served to remind readers of the Decimation and that Wanda wants to make up for it.
    Yes and SWORD Wanda looked like Empyre Wanda and given Darkhold happens before ToM so I am curious to see if marvel will make a connection between the stories or if they are going to be separate tales. I am actually looking forward to reading Darkhold because Dr Doom and Chton will appear there so it would make sense this is a natural sequel to childrenīs crusade a story that addressed decimation.

Assuming a competent writer, and lack of editorial stepping in, all of those leads me to think that the writers want those details in mind as they work on what is coming up.
    Yes lest hope they have good plans for Wanda and Pietra, it was great to see him with X-factor again

Spectacular Member

Yes lest hope they have good plans for Wanda and Pietra, it was great to see him with X-factor again
    Yes! Hope for the best and plan for the worst. This isn't a Red Sonja and Conan situation where connected characters are owned by different companies. If the Phoenix can spend time in the Avengers book then the Scarlet Witch can spend time in the X-Books. The interconnectedness of Marvel is one of its coolest features, only matched by DC, moving characters around, letting them build up stories and connections in the different corners is really cool. Creators from the different books can communicate in ways they couldn't in the past. So going "Hey are you using y for a bit, I have an idea for them in my corner" should be nowhere near as big of an issue as it could have been in the past.

And while the not a mutant retcon hasn't hurt Wanda as much, it really has done a number on Pietro. I think the easiest way to undo it without contradicting to much is just make Natalya and Magda the same person.

Yes still I believe Stevil was a better villain for Cap to fight than even Red Skull because heīs more layered and still represents the danger of nationalism,love or appreciation for the country, or simply a sense of belonging and how different that is in comparision of facism, thatīs what I took from that story but obviously I can see how long time Cap fans hated it and wanted that story gone, so yes Bevroort still got his angry fans.

Yes but we meet his parents, girlfriend, how much he wanted to be a good Cap to leave behind his war memories, how much his friend meant to him and how out of control he can be given the chance and still believe heīs right and some fans are still wondering to where his meeting with Valentina Alegra will lead him, the series was not about him but he had his own arc in the story.

In the case of Wanda we meet her because she and Pietro hated Tony, got scared of what Ultron was doing,losses Pietro and takes out Ultron but at not point we get a focus on how she feels about all this, later sheīs ok working with Tony for no reason other than sheīs now an Avenger and fights to defend Vision from Thanos because she loves him but at no point we see what she saw in Vish to fall in love with him, how did she felt about Pietro, why isnīt she angry with Tony, etc all this internal live of the character was left on the wayside until WandaVision addressed all of this so thatīs the difference I see between US Agent and Wanda.
    See the only difference I see is they ok comics written about US Agent to push him. It's been 5 months already since Wanda's show.

Extraordinary Member

You are shouting for comic accuracy for one second and then demand her to be defined and moved to a strange and hostile place for her. Like make up your mind buddy, she is not an X-character, acknowledge this if you wanna talk about supposed comic accuracy.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-21-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Her classic costume came before her status as Romani, they are not connected in any sense, it's your standard 60s superheroine leotard plus pink body stocking, how the heck is that considered Romani specific?
    Also she is never religiously Jewish, and yeah, they randomly put crosses in her room in CW which is dumb to say the least.

Wanda was never Jewish either. She was Pagan. The Jewish thing was something Tumblr made up. Even if Mags were still her dad, she wouldn't even be considered as such. Since it has to be on the mother's side. The Romani stuff is true. The comics never really did much better in that regard though. They still have her as an Americanized white woman.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-21-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Explain yourself, because Wanda has had more relevance in the comics than Storm, for example, which seems more filling than anything else.

She un the last years was in all incarnations of Uncanny Avengers, she was in Avengers No Surrender where they faced an enemy of maximum cosmic entity level, she has had her a comic solo, she was in AvengersNWHom, part of the strange academy cast, and in multiple other comcis.

You have a very wrong concept of what it is to have a character Dead.
    Yeah, now we are in a contest of misery, I shall use her 7 years of absence as the contender then.
    Bold of you to demand people to explain themselves and calling them wroooooong.
    How dare we Wanda fans demand some bread scraps when there are other characters in harsh conditions! Sorry for my unfeeling and selfish ass I guess.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-21-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Her classic costume came before her status as Romani, they are not connected in any sense, it's your standard 60s superheroine leotard plus pink body stocking, how the heck is that considered Romani specific?
    Also she is never religiously Jewish, and yeah, they randomly put crosses in her room in CW which is dumb to say the least.
    I think they mean a white woman playing a Romani character. Not literal costume. But whitewashing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, now we are in a contest of misery, I shall use her 7 years of absence as the contender then.
    Bold of you to demand people to explain themselves and calling them wroooooong.
    7 years gone, then 6 months gone, then another 6 months, then over a year. But we were exaggerating. Her "relevance" is actually infamy and is what wrecked her to where people don't want to use her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they mean a white woman playing a Romani character. Not literal costume. But whitewashing.
    Yeah, it's a problem. But again most of us are in a beggars cannot be choosers situations.
    And wanna-be purists will tell you the arguably better choice is wrong to enjoy and you need to suck up the worse one, not only that, they will also tell you the worse one need their own blessed touch so they can be better, AKA please make her a mutant again and pretend she is an X-character, I promise we will treat her better.