Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    They do, though to have a section of culture anchored to the demonization of a woman who was mentally unstable due to outside forces is really lacking in substance and mutants should really make peace with it.

Don't try too hard here there is a lot of hypocrisy about Wanda. her that she is completely innocent since she was possessed by the lifeforce. And you see how they justify the atrocious actions of Jean for example, Scott or any other mutant corrupted by the phoenix force. And they give the green light to sadistic killers like Magneto Sinister or Selene lol WTF ...

Wanda still possessed it was not even her intention to murder anyone she wanted to eliminate the gene x in her madness so she would solve everything. if some died due to some rare circumstances but how was she going to know it being crazy and possessed, besides the direct culprit of those three words was Magneto and they are very good to ignore that.

Also as if it were not true that the largest number of mutants would prefer to be normal humans before mutants. and there are hundreds of stories about it, not all mutations are pretty and the Arakis are living proof of that, them and the Morlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    My interpretation as to why most have gone along with is that they wanted to have set of traditions and culture that could unite them as people, in a way, taking something that has always been a cause of fear, being killed for what they are, and turning it to something they could take agency of.
    Wow that is a really interesting interpretation I like it.

I just don't agree with the people that just bash the Crucible like it was just meaningless. It is a really great addition to the story and that issue is still one of my favorites from this era.

I feel like Way of X dropped the ball when they allowed that one mutant Lost to be brought back cause Lost really didn't seem to have fighting spirit

You get either the crucible or mass suicides Jim Jones style.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

I just don't agree with the people that just bash the Crucible like it was just meaningless. It is a really great addition to the story and that issue is still one of my favorites from this era.

I feel like Way of X dropped the ball when they allowed that one mutant Lost to be brought back cause Lost really didn't seem to have fighting spirit
    yeah like I said, as much as I love this era, extending the Dawn part of is likely going to hurt the story in the long run. We are two real world years in and only now getting into the questioning of things in universe. So I don't blame anyone that doesn't like it or dismisses things outright. The creatives sadly did this to themselves in a way.

I do hope that Way of X finds its footing as it goes. There's a lot of good ideas in that book, but this part has been pretty green so far.

Extending the Dawn?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Extending the Dawn?
    A lot of the second wave of books came in later than they were supposed to and this was said somewhere that they extended the original run of Dawn of X. I don't remember where it was said or if it was a cover for the delays caused by Covid, but is likely we weren't supposed to world build for Krakoa as long as we have (I think X of Swords was meant to be smaller in scale too). We are now in Reign of X so we are only in the second phase of this era, starting off the Gala. The Trial and Inferno are probably going to set up exploring all the questions we have about Krakoa.

Pointless (the person that dies “wins” anyway, by way of getting their powers back) “ritualistic combat” just so Apoc can get his rocks off should be criticized.

Like…OK…you swung a sword a few times at a mutant 1,000 times more powerful than you…and you died, and you made some extra gurgle noises when the blood hit your lungs…here’s you powers back. We’re sure glad Poccy achieved orgasm this evening, though.

The main point is not that it’s cruel (though it is): it’s absurd, and clearly designed just because Poccy likes hurting others. It’s laughable, in a way.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 08-01-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Pointless (the person that dies “wins” anyway, by way of getting their powers back) “ritualistic combat” just so Apoc can get his rocks off should be criticized.

Like…OK…you swung a sword a few times at a mutant 1,000 times more powerful than you…and you died, and you made some extra gurgle noises when the blood hit your lungs…here’s you powers back. We’re sure glad Poccy achieved orgasm this evening, though.

The main point is not that it’s cruel (though it is): it’s absurd, and clearly designed just because Poccy likes hurting others. It’s laughable, in a way.
    You reeeeally into fantasizing about A's D huh?
    GrindrStone(D)

No it was created so that a bunch of mutants didn't just mass suicided. Apoc came with a way to make them earn it while also teaching a harsh lesson

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    A lot of the second wave of books came in later than they were supposed to and this was said somewhere that they extended the original run of Dawn of X. I don't remember where it was said or if it was a cover for the delays caused by Covid, but is likely we weren't supposed to world build for Krakoa as long as we have (I think X of Swords was meant to be smaller in scale too). We are now in Reign of X so we are only in the second phase of this era, starting off the Gala. The Trial and Inferno are probably going to set up exploring all the questions we have about Krakoa.
    extending dawn might not have been the worst idea honestly. personally i think reign should only be starting now with the end of the gala, as when it actually started it felt very much the same and nothing important had happened outside of arrako, but that was barely touched until now.

No it was created so that a bunch of mutants didn't just mass suicided. Apoc came with a way to make them earn it while also teaching a harsh lesson
    They could have just transferred the personÂ’s conscious into a new body.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    They could have just transferred the personÂ’s conscious into a new body.
    Either way they're going to die....why all the "outrage"?
    GrindrStone(D)

You do know •-[A]-• isn't the only mutant who has done the crucible right? The Storm/Callisto crucible displayed their long relationship and quite a lot of respect.

But as xhx23x mentioned, it's intentional for it to be questioned as we see in Way of X.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Either way they're going to die....why all the "outrage"?
    It’s barbaric and it’s treating life like it’s some twisted sport just because you can come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Don't try too hard here there is a lot of hypocrisy about Wanda. her that she is completely innocent since she was possessed by the lifeforce. And you see how they justify the atrocious actions of Jean for example, Scott or any other mutant corrupted by the phoenix force. And they give the green light to sadistic killers like Magneto Sinister or Selene lol WTF ...

Wanda still possessed it was not even her intention to murder anyone she wanted to eliminate the gene x in her madness so she would solve everything. if some died due to some rare circumstances but how was she going to know it being crazy and possessed, besides the direct culprit of those three words was Magneto and they are very good to ignore that.

Also as if it were not true that the largest number of mutants would prefer to be normal humans before mutants. and there are hundreds of stories about it, not all mutations are pretty and the Arakis are living proof of that, them and the Morlocks.
    Thanks and I’m well aware of the contradictions of others. I just like the responses in the discussions be they civil or uncivil. Though I much prefer the former to the later.