Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    IMO the only 2 people who have a right to be mad at Wanda are Blob (he looked a hysterical mess after being depowered lmao) & the dude with the collapsed neck that shit was funny but can you imagine lmao!
    You clearly are not an xbooks aficionado, you will know that many mutants died from losing their powers some because their power helped their body function others because they couldn't protect themselves from hate crimes. Magma's boyfriend hell into a volcano when decimation happened and burnt to death whilst on a mission. Lately a mutant called lost who has gravity destabilization powers came to krakoa for the crucible because she was in pain without her power. What wanda did had real dire concequence. Mutants died their, they became more susceptible to hate crimes and for most they felt incomplete like a part of them had been ripped away from them it drove some to madness leading to death in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    You clearly are not an xbooks aficionado, you will know that many mutants died from losing their powers some because their power helped their body function others because they couldn't protect themselves from hate crimes. Magma's boyfriend hell into a volcano when decimation happened and burnt to death whilst on a mission. Lately a mutant called lost who has gravity destabilization powers came to krakoa for the crucible because she was in pain without her power. What wanda did had real dire concequence. Mutants died their, they became more susceptible to hate crimes and for most they felt incomplete like a part of them had been ripped away from them it drove some to madness leading to death in some cases.
    No I'm aware but all those other problems are being fixed off page. Blob & Neck dude just got fucked over hysterically!! Like OMG that shit had no right to be that funny! Like can you imagine u just walking & your neck collapses lol that's some Final Destination type shit!

And they deserve to be pissed off more IMO the 5 got the rest covered!

No I'm aware but all those other problems are being fixed off page. Blob & Neck dude just got fucked over hysterically!! Like OMG that shit had no right to be that funny! Like can you imagine u just walking & your neck collapses lol that's some Final Destination type shit!

And they deserve to be pissed off more IMO the 5 got the rest covered!
    I'd be a a little mad if i had to go get my a$$ beat to get my powers back for something i didn't do. LMAO. But i see you.

Actually playing devils advocate i can see people making the argument "well is the crucible more to get people mad at wanda." I would even understand the argument if what she did is such a big crime against mutants why do they have to fight to get back what was taken in a violation. But i haven't really seen those arguments.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-26-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'd be a a little mad if i had to go get my a$$ beat to get my powers back for something i didn't do. LMAO. But i see you.

Actually playing devils advocate i can see people making the argument "well is the crucible more to get people mad at wanda." I would even understand the argument if what she did is such a big crime against mutants why do they have to fight to get back what was taken in a violation. But i haven't really seen those arguments.
    Lmao u just gotta know the right people to ask, Magneto likes to butcher, so he's out but if you catch mama Storm in a good mood u might get a quick heart attack & u good! Lol

Lmao u just gotta know the right people to ask, Magneto likes to butcher, so he's out but if you catch mama Storm in a good mood u might get a quick heart attack & u good! Lol
    See this is the type of logic i can work with. When it's broken down like that i can see how others can view it as torture. It's almost like they are taking out their anger against wanda on other mutants. It also raises the question of if they feel this is some right someone has to go through to be whole which they make mutants fight before they manifest or when they do. What makes a violated mutant different than a mutant who was born lived on krakoa, never saw any of the drama, and they just come into their power.

And if i really wanted to play devil's advocate can mutants be mad for being victims when they in a way are forcing hardships on victims for restitution.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanting to see Wanda face reprocussions is not sexist. Especially if she knew what she were doing and meant to do it (doesn't seem to be the case).

AD/HoM were heavily sexist and ableist depictions. They've not really gotten better at mental health depictions. They have with the sexist ones.

This was the edgy era where comics had Sue Dibny raped, killed and stuffed in a fridge for a male character's pain, so it's just a product of that era.

Wanda's depiction is sexist because she was a character who had strong leadership qualities turned baby crazy complete with daddy issues to make it seem more likely she'd be bad.

When in reality she just didn't have anything to do with Mags, and Vision was the one that really wanted children. And while Wanda did have a breakdown over losing her kids (who wouldn't?) She had already worked past all that 15 years before AD.

So now she's in this story that villainizes mental illness, doesn't bother to humanize it with diagnosing it. Nor understanding the different types of mental illness, nor symptoms. Just uses it for the villain bat.

The sexism is because this was a story that didn't even feature Wanda. Her character and accuracy of it weren't as important as pushing this mandate. So she's not in AD until the end when it's revealed that it was her that did it. And then she's knocked comatose and is that for most of HoM, only to awaken later to cast a spell to punish her father so he has something to be hurt by for years. After creating this world for him. Even though she didn't really know him.

Her story isn't for her, the world she created isn't for her, she's primarily absent and only used for her powers. A plot device that is then thrown away literally for years without a single narrative from her perspective, to hurt a male character. It's a classic fridging that almost single-handily wrecked 40+ years of character development.
    I agree with everything you said in fact it was the same reason why I had problems with AD and HoM, I expected to see the story from her pov but that moment never happened, I think marvel in general has made a big disservice to her character and this is also why Iīam interested in seeing a resolution and an addresing of the whole situation done by her pov with the X-men, if anything to give the story the focus it needed from the beggining and give Wanda an opportunity to make amends and advance with her own storyline be it as a magical character or an avenger.

The reason I believe this is possible is because this helped Jean in a very similar situation with the phoenix and I think this could work for Wanda as well, I donīt think she needs to sacrifice herself like Jean did but she can make some ammends.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    Watched the interview and wow is it illuminative. Si’s face when asked about Wanda is priceless. All anyone needs if they ask “Will Wanda have a role in Krakoa?”, the answer is yes.
    Yes I also liked his face there XD

]You are right about Wanda not staying with Magneto. I am so use to seeing Magneto interactions with Wanda post-disassembled that I forget about the horrible ways he has treated her and Pietro since the Brotherhood days. I just do not know who Wanda can really lean on who loves her unconditionally and has not used her (maybe Agatha?)
    Magneto does care about her in an unconditional way but their past makes Wanda unable to really trust him, seriously he considers himself lucky if she talks to him at all and after decimation and Axis, lest just say he really doensīt seem to know how to approach Wanda at all. Pietro always has been there for her but they have not been so close as siblings for quite a while, Agatha is her mentor and kind of a mother figure to her, I think she loves her in an unconditional way too and sheīs alive again so thereīs that, Marya Maximoff, who is Wandaīs aunt and adoptive mother is still alive and has talked with Wanda in the past. Thereīs also Vision, Brother Voodo, Simons and the Avengers so I donīt think Wanda is lacking in love, itīs just that marvel has not given her much to do and they didnīt do her any favors by putting her in limbo and then barely address what happened in HoM.

Do not blame you for feeling this way. Most of her stories skate around the elephant in the room which makes it too difficult to put her on a team until the elephant is addressed. In this case, the elephant involves all of mutant kind which requires a story on a larger scale.

While you want your character to be challenged, the Wanda/mutant scenario has really impeded any growth for her. While forgiveness may not be possible, I think resolution is necessary. Similar to how Captain Marvel views Rogue in her recent series.
    I agree completely.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-26-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See this is the type of logic i can work with. When it's broken down like that i can see how others can view it as torture. It's almost like they are taking out their anger against wanda on other mutants. It also raises the question of if they feel this is some right someone has to go through to be whole which they make mutants fight before they manifest or when they do. What makes a violated mutant different than a mutant who was born lived on krakoa, never saw any of the drama, and they just come into their power.

And if i really wanted to play devil's advocate can mutants be mad for being victims when they in a way are forcing hardships on victims for restitution.
    The whole principle of the Crucible is barbaric & impractical to begin with I figured their was no logic to be found in the practice so I just stopped looking for it but yeah the whole thing is hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The reason I believe this is possible is because this helped Jean in a very similar situation with the phoenix and I think this could work for Wanda as well, I donīt think she needs to sacrifice herself like Jean did but she can make some ammends.
    Jean had a better story overall because of the amount of narrative. Both unfortunately had Byrne steering their ultimate fate. They really should have let Wanda make amends back in 2010. It just feels weird that they want to try to address it again after so many years. Toddlers became fully grown adults in that time. Hopefully they finally put it to bed though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The whole principle of the Crucible is barbaric & impractical to begin with I figured their was no logic to be found in the practice so I just stopped looking for it but yeah the whole thing is hypocritical.
    After Way of X i would agree it is barbaric. But i think the reason makes it more so. If mutants want to battle in a coliseum and a healer heals afterwards cool. But i don't think you can have the idea that these people are victims of wanda and then on the next page have victims paying for her crime in such painful ways, literally crawling away. Like windancer for instance, she was an x-man, she was out there fighting the fight, didn't she already put her time in as oppose to say a nomral person that hid out during the whole mutant era because they looked human. Or even mutants who hid in the sea or what not to avoid things. It definitely makes it look barbaric when both are addressed together.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Jean had a better story overall because of the amount of narrative. Both unfortunately had Byrne steering their ultimate fate. They really should have let Wanda make amends back in 2010. It just feels weird that they want to try to address it again after so many years. Toddlers became fully grown adults in that time. Hopefully they finally put it to bed though.
    Yes I hope the same too I honestly think itīs the best way to finally put it to rest and give Wanda a better character treatment than she got from the beggining of the story.

JDW also confirmed they have got some plans for Wanda, he also confirmed he considers Billy and Tommy as mutants but that this could change because they are part of a different editorial and he talked a little about enjoying WandaVision on this interview.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Yes I hope the same too I honestly think itīs the best way to finally put it to rest and give Wanda a better character treatment than she got from the beggining of the story.

JDW also confirmed they have got some plans for Wanda, he also confirmed he considers Billy and Tommy as mutants but that this could change because they are part of a different editorial and he talked a little about enjoying WandaVision on this interview.

Yeah and this isn't anything against Spurrier, but Wanda fans have seen this stuff from writers and often times they have good intentions but by the time the story comes out, it's really different. And some of that could be how the story naturally developed. Some of it could be top brass getting involved with the process. But Spurrier did not completely commit to Wanda there. So I'm not gonna hold him to it. I'm not gonna expect wild things that solve problems created way before he even came along.

I'm just gonna expect it to be about mutants putting that trauma behind them and then if Wanda actually makes an appearance and they put everything to rest finally, that's great. If not, then I did not get my expectations up.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanting to see Wanda face reprocussions is not sexist. Especially if she knew what she were doing and meant to do it (doesn't seem to be the case).

AD/HoM were heavily sexist and ableist depictions. They've not really gotten better at mental health depictions. They have with the sexist ones.

This was the edgy era where comics had Sue Dibny raped, killed and stuffed in a fridge for a male character's pain, so it's just a product of that era.

Wanda's depiction is sexist because she was a character who had strong leadership qualities turned baby crazy complete with daddy issues to make it seem more likely she'd be bad.

When in reality she just didn't have anything to do with Mags, and Vision was the one that really wanted children. And while Wanda did have a breakdown over losing her kids (who wouldn't?) She had already worked past all that 15 years before AD.

So now she's in this story that villainizes mental illness, doesn't bother to humanize it with diagnosing it. Nor understanding the different types of mental illness, nor symptoms. Just uses it for the villain bat.

The sexism is because this was a story that didn't even feature Wanda. Her character and accuracy of it weren't as important as pushing this mandate. So she's not in AD until the end when it's revealed that it was her that did it. And then she's knocked comatose and is that for most of HoM, only to awaken later to cast a spell to punish her father so he has something to be hurt by for years. After creating this world for him. Even though she didn't really know him.

Her story isn't for her, the world she created isn't for her, she's primarily absent and only used for her powers. A plot device that is then thrown away literally for years without a single narrative from her perspective, to hurt a male character. It's a classic fridging that almost single-handily wrecked 40+ years of character development.
    Wanda was just a plot device and it seems to continue

Extraordinary Member

I want a full on divorce either way. Everyone back to home, or let Wanda rest in comic limbo un-disturbed.

I'm shocked someone had the balls to actually say hey I think the twins are mutants Young Avengers fans have been asking for clarity on that since Axis! Kudos to him even if it does change at least he had the balls to say it most writers run from that question.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I want a full on divorce either way. Everyone back to home, or let Wanda rest in comic limbo un-disturbed.
    I agree with that, I don't trust any x-men writer or editor. She is much better off