Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    What word exactly? English is obviously not my usual language.

I asks not ironically, because seriously they are very delicate in some discussions.
    Probably Gypsy I'm pretty sure Elizabeth Olson caught hell for saying that IDK why though.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Probably Gypsy I'm pretty sure Elizabeth Olson caught hell for saying that IDK why though.
    Because it's a pejorative used by Nazis and slave owners. And like all slurs can only be claimed by that group itself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch should’ve joined the X-Men after AvX.

I find strange that you discuss about the ethnicity of a person who didn’t want to join the X-men because she wasn’t sectarian.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I find strange that you discuss about the ethnicity of a person who didn’t want to join the X-men because she wasn’t sectarian.
    When they were asked by Xavier in X-Men #27, they just said they wouldn't join, because they were already full-fledged Avengers.

sw07.jpg

So what have we all learned? Does she get on well with the X-Men or not?

I say maybe because four out of the six current X-Men at least don't hate her.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    When they were asked by Xavier in X-Men #27, they just said they wouldn't join, because they were already full-fledged Avengers.

sw07.jpg
    After leaving “the Evil Brotherhood of Mutants”, the Avengers suited them probably better than the X-men…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    How many do you think she killed?
    Just In the616?? Or we gonna count the infinite number of other realities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    Yes, you being a fan of Wanda does take away from your opinion. Mutants are not making light of life they are making light of death. Also Wanda doesn't need just a form of punishment she needs to die for at least 20 years. She cannot be forgiven but at least it is easier to let go of resentment of dead people since they no longer exist.
    Allll this and a bag of chips
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    As explained above, Storm initially declined, and the Fenris Twins showed up to kill Callisto instead.

Which is really curious, because I don’t think the Fenris Twins would have had many qualms about killing, with or without the Crucible. And aren't some posters throwing shade at a human organization for working with them?
    Storm obbbviously got over her reluctance....and it's not like she hasn't killed people before.Not sure how much hesitation she'd have since there person she's killing is gonna come back other times she's killed it was under the assumption that person will be gone for good
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

We once again learned, people have different viewpoints and opinions on interpretations of fictional events and characterizations.

Also the truth is, they will get along fine if a writer wants them to (and bothers to give a good characterization that readers will accept it).

Doubly so if Decimination is ever getting retconned out of existence (like to streamline the universe into a more movie friendly environment or because everyone realised this story had dragged on for 15+ years while mainly harming the core continuity) or their encounter takes place in a universe where said development never happend, which would be basicly any continuity or setting which is not the mainline comics.

So yes.
    Mainline comics? Maybe. Depending on the writer.
    Alternate continuity comics? Likely. Depending on the setup.
    Cartoons? Likely. Depending on the setup. (Compare Wolverine and the X-men and X-men Evolution, where her history with the X-men were differently designed)
    Video games? Likely depending on the setup.
    Movies? Likely. Depending on the setup. (Time will tell if the MCU will tie her to the mutant mythos).

After leaving “the Evil Brotherhood of Mutants”, the Avengers suited them probably better than the X-men…
    It really worked better as a fresh start for them. Both from an in universe standpoint, since at the time the dealings of mutants were still somewhat in a shadow situation compared to the public nature of the Avengers and from a real world standpoint as the Avengers readers might not have been as aware of the characters as the X-men ones at the time.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-04-2021 at 04:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

I think it depends on the generation of X-Men. I'd say most of older generations (O5, ANX, Claremont Crew - Kitty, Rachel, Rogue, Betsy, Longshot, Dazzler, Bishop) are on ok terms with her overall. Some have better relationships than others. I'd say New Mutants are a mixed bag. Generation X and under have more underlying hostilities given they were younger or more impacted by Decimation than the others. The youngest generation have been shaped by the folklore of The Pretender so she is their "boogeyman" and perceived enemy of the state.

And of the actual X-Men team, I'd agree that other than Everett and Laura the others are fine-good with Wanda as a person. They all have done things that have been largely problematic so they are more forgiving than the younger folk.

Because it was further away from Magneto. Who imprisoned them to keep them from escaping.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This was a one time thing when Magneto was still quite crazy because of the overuse of his powers and he was reduced to infancy by Alpha shortly after his fight with the Avengers, FF and Inhumans and stayed that way until after the Phoenix Saga so I don´t think he was a strong deterrent to the twins becoming X-men, I think it was a case of them having their life made with the Avengers and the Inhumans with just Pietro choosing to live with the X-factor to recuperate from Maximus control and shortly becoming an Avengers foe.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

At the time of the issue, his being crazed was still quite current. They had tried to escape twice. The first time they were attacked by the F4, so they figured they wouldn't get any help from humans. The second time was after Mags tried to keep them from leaving, after all the realizations that he just wanted them to murder people, not save mutant kind. So they hid out in Switzerland and applied to become Avengers via the newspaper. Because apparently Tony Stark sent out applications for the Avengers in newspapers world wide in the 60s.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I know but Magneto was turned into an infant for a long period of time even by comic standards and was not brought back to action until after the Phoenix Saga, this is why I dont think he was a real factor in the twins not being interested in becoming X-men because he was absent during that period of time and when Professor X asked them to join they were already Avengers.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-04-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I know but Magneto was turned into an infant for a long period of time even by comic standards and was not brought back to action until after the Phoenix Saga, this is why I dont think he was a real factor in the twins not being interested in becoming X-men because he was absent during that period of time and when Professor X asked them to join they were already Avengers.

I think he was still a factor because what happened to them because of him was fresh. They were basing their decision on the interactions they had before they hid out. Not while they were hiding out.