Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It's mental Covetous. Going through the Crucible makes you really wonder to yourself is this really the life that I want. Is all this pain really worth it? Do I really want to be a mutant this bad that I am willing to put up with all of this punishment? These are questions that run through the mind of someone who is truly on the brink of a serious beat down.
    I don’t think you can speak for everyone on the brink of a serious beat-down, just as much I can’t. Hence the discussion. The fact that various readers have differing opinions means that mutants should as well.

Hell, getting the beat-down isn’t an enlistment into any sort of army. Fly-girl could still get her fly-powers back, and GTFO from Krakoa at any point. What was the point of her beat-down then? I know I’d surely trade one beat-down (with a guaranteed resurrection) to get my fly-powers back. What I do with my powers at that point is still up to me; the beat-down is just gratuitous violence for the sake of…heh…::wink::

And if the point of the Crucible is to illustrate that mutantdom is a constant struggle, why aren’t mutants who never lost their powers required to undergo the Crucible?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 08-02-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I don’t think you can speak for everyone on the brink of a serious beat-down, just as much I can’t. Hence the discussion. The fact that various readers have differing opinions means that mutants should as well.

Hell, getting the beat-down isn’t an enlistment into any sort of army. Fly-girl could still get her fly-powers back, and GTFO from Krakoa at any point. What was the point of her beat-down then? I know I’d surely trade one beat-down (with a guaranteed resurrection) to get my fly-powers back. What I do with my powers at that point is still up to me; the beat-down is just gratuitous violence for the sake of…heh…::wink::

And if the point of the Crucible is to illustrate that mutantdom is a constant struggle, why aren’t mutants who never lost their powers required to undergo the Crucible?
    You don't have to stay on Krakoa if you don't want to that's irrelevant to the argument of the Crucible. You can be a mutant anywhere.

Because they never lost their powers which means they lived through 198 till now. It doesn't make sense for a person who is already a mutant to die and become a mutant again. The ones that lost their powers have been living as humans this whole time not mutants. They are the ones looking to become whole again not people who are already mutants.

You don't have to stay on Krakoa if you don't want to that's irrelevant to the argument of the Crucible. You can be a mutant anywhere.

Because they never lost their powers which means they lived through 198 till now. It doesn't make sense for a person who is already a mutant to die and become a mutant again. The ones that lost their powers have been living as humans this whole time not mutants. They are the ones looking to become whole again not people who are already mutants.
    Some mutants were “born” after M-Day though, or did you forget AvX?

How did they “earn” their mutantdom?

So people looking to be whole have to be punished with a brutal public execution? People who were victims of an event have to become victims yet again? WTF dude. You’re not making any good cases to make this seem less fucked up.

Some mutants were “born” after M-Day though, or did you forget AvX?

How did they “earn” their mutantdom?

So people looking to be whole have to be punished with a brutal public execution? People who were victims of an event have to become victims yet again? WTF dude. You’re not making any good cases to make this seem less fucked up.
    There were multiple fair points made by more than one person you just already have your mind made up on disliking the Crucible no matter what anybody else says.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There were multiple fair points made by more than one person you just already have your mind made up on disliking the Crucible no matter what anybody else says.
    I can claim the contrary, y’know.

But that’s the Internet in a nutshell.

I’m curious why no one addressed my point about Storm having reservations at first, though.

I can claim the contrary, y’know.

But that’s the Internet in a nutshell.

I’m curious why no one addressed my point about Storm having reservations at first, though.
    Because it's irrelevant. She still did it. Moving on.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Because it's irrelevant. She still did it. Moving on.
    Was she right to question it? Address the point instead of dismissing it.

Or keep dismissing it. Whichever.

Did Storm compromise her morals for the sake of another? Is that encouraged?

Was she right to question it? Address the point instead of dismissing it.

Or keep dismissing it. Whichever.

Did Storm compromise her morals for the sake of another? Is that encouraged?
    Er You read the issue right?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Er You read the issue right?
    I did. Are you reading my posts?

Do we expect every mutant to accept that at some point they may have to kill another mutant, just because they’re asked to deliver the final blow?

Do we expect every mutant to accept that at some point they may have to kill another mutant, just because they’re asked to deliver the final blow?
    ......you can turn down being the fight in the Crucible an another will step up to take their place. We saw that before Storm showed up the Fenris Twins were ready to fight Callisto

I imagine them....

I mean not buy you do you...lol jk But it wouldn't just be 'another mutant' but someone close that had been mutilated by the Pretender Soooo if I was on KraKoa and my brother got Depowered I wouldn't act surprised if he asked me to do the crucible with him. And besides Storm ripped the fvckin heart outta teenaged Marrow. Not sure she's above getting bloody for the greater good
    GrindrStone(D)

It's mental Covetous. Going through the Crucible makes you really wonder to yourself is this really the life that I want. Is all this pain really worth it? Do I really want to be a mutant this bad that I am willing to put up with all of this punishment? These are questions that run through the mind of someone who is truly on the brink of a serious beat down.
    That is not how mental conditioning for combat works. It’s a process that goes through different scenarios that require practice. That’s like saying someone who gets physically abused will start fighting just because they keep getting hit. The Crucible is just a glorified blood sport that causes the further disrespect of life by making it seem cheap.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Mighty Member

Untitled-5-01.jpg

Same vibe,same energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The Crucible is just a glorified blood sport that causes the further disrespect of life by making it seem cheap.
    I'd probably be more prone to believe that critiques/concerns of this nature were legitimate if they didnt come mostly of fans of Tge Pretender who has killed more Mutants then any 10 crucibles could.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'd probably be more prone to believe that critiques/concerns of this nature were legitimate if they didnt come mostly of fans of Tge Pretender who has killed more Mutants then any 10 crucibles could.
    So me being a fan of Wanda and willing to admit that what she did deserved some form of punishment takes away from the fact that mutants are making light of life. Even though there are still possibly thousands of mutants who have to go through the Crucible. So the number of mutants is still high, may not be an original million though it’s close.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!