Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I disagree because Pietro comments their fondest desire would have been to become X-men but that now they had a compromise with the Avengers,Wanda agrees with him and even thinks over if they are making a good decision.

Also even the X-men didnt know where Magneto was when he was a baby, Xavier send him to the Muir Island to be taken care of by Moira but he was isolated there in a cell so even if they had joined the team, they would not have had contact with him.

Still I donīt think it was a bad decision to stay with the Avengers,they did what they thought was best at the time.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I know but Magneto was turned into an infant for a long period of time even by comic standards and was not brought back to action until after the Phoenix Saga, this is why I dont think he was a real factor in the twins not being interested in becoming X-men because he was absent during that period of time and when Professor X asked them to join they were already Avengers.

But the Professor X asked the Twins to join about 1964; Mags was not reverted to an infant by Alpha until the 1974 or so, about 10 years after the Twins offer. So Mags could have been a reason, but not the only one.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I believe Magneto was kidnapped by the Stranger during that time, this happened two times, then he came back and had a fight with FF4, Inhumans and Avengers, the reason why Magneto fought other teams and not the X-men was because the title was cancelled and finally in the Defenders title he was turned into a baby.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-04-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Right, but the second time the Stranger kidnapped Mags, the twins escaped and went strolling through Europe with Toad. They were seeking knowledge of why Wanda's powers were waning again.

I think the Twins were tired of hearing "Mutant" at every turn, in the X-Men, Brotherhood, Magneto, etc. I think they knew/saw that the Avengers would accept them as they had "monsters" (Hulk), gods (Thor) and costume powered individuals (the rest of the team).

Somewhere where they could fit in, instead of being cited for being different.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

We can make a lot of headcanons but whatīs on the page is that Wanda and Pietro took the offer from Tony Stark to become avengers after reading the newspaper during their vacations and became avengers but didnīt have strong negative feelings over being a mutant or becoming X-men going by their comments that they would have liked to become X-men and even Wanda thought bubble asking herself if they are making the right decision. They even had some moments in which they had to deal with mutant perjuice even as Avengers, like when the sentinels attacked them and Wanda thought Pietro was dead for a time.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-04-2021 at 11:02 AM.

True, from those panels. It would almost seem as if they would have/should have become X-Men.

But I thought I had seen other panels from an early Avengers issue where they did not want to be seen as different and were glad with being made Avengers and that they felt accepted and comfortable even at that early stage? (Maybe I imagined them, lol??)

I donīt remember either but I have seen panels of them going to the threater with Haweye so I guess they were quite confortable as Avengers,

I donīt know if they should have become X-men sure they could have but I donīt think is bad they didnīt, it made sense for them to stay with the Avengers if they already were part of the team and itīs there where they made their life with Vision and Crystal. The marvel universe was a lot more connected at the time, now itīs harder for characters of one franchise to go to another.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-04-2021 at 11:14 AM.

I disagree because Pietro comments their fondest desire would have been to become X-men but that now they had a compromise with the Avengers,Wanda agrees with him and even thinks over if they are making a good decision.

Also even the X-men didnt know where Magneto was when he was a baby, Xavier send him to the Muir Island to be taken care of by Moira but he was isolated there in a cell so even if they had joined the team, they would not have had contact with him.

Still I donīt think it was a bad decision to stay with the Avengers,they did what they thought was best at the time.
    Well the reason I arrive at that is he was fully the reason they left. They felt betrayed by his mission and put off by his abuse. I don't think it matters who knew where he was. The twins were in hiding from him. That was their whole reason for going to Switzerland.

I think that them staying away doesn't have anything to do with not wanting to be X-Men at that time. It created a more healthy barrier though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

We can make a lot of headcanons but whatīs on the page is that Wanda and Pietro took the offer from Tony Stark to become avengers after reading the newspaper during their vacations and became avengers but didnīt have strong negative feelings over being a mutant or becoming X-men going by their comments that they would have liked to become X-men and even Wanda thought bubble asking herself if they are making the right decision. They even had some moments in which they had to deal with mutant perjuice even as Avengers, like when the sentinels attacked them and Wanda thought Pietro was dead for a time.
    They weren't on vacation. They had escaped the Brotherhood and were in hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But the Professor X asked the Twins to join about 1964; Mags was not reverted to an infant by Alpha until the 1974 or so, about 10 years after the Twins offer. So Mags could have been a reason, but not the only one.
    Yeah the time frame seemed off to me. But it's hard to know what is retroactively before it's time anymore. They change things so much. But I do know at that time, the reason the twins got away was because of Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well the reason I arrive at that is he was fully the reason they left. They felt betrayed by his mission and put off by his abuse. I don't think it matters who knew where he was. The twins were in hiding from him. That was their whole reason for going to Switzerland.
    The twins went to Switzerland after the Stranger kidnapped Magneto and Toad and the brotherhood was dissolved but I agree they wanted to leave the brotherhood earlier than that time. They donīt seem to be hidding when Pietro shows Wanda the newspaper and tells her they can go and ask to become Avengers.

I think that them staying away doesn't have anything to do with not wanting to be X-Men at that time. It created a more healthy barrier though.
    I could see that pov but whatīs on the page shows they had doubts about joining or not the X-men so I donīt think the characters at the time saw it as putting a healthy barrier more like they already had a compromise with the Avengers and also had friends there.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-04-2021 at 11:24 AM.

The twins went to Switzerland after the Stranger kidnapped Magneto and Toad and the brotherhood was dissolved but I agree they wanted to leave the brotherhood earlier than that time. They donīt seem to be hidding when Pietro shows Wanda the newspaper and tells her they can go and ask to become Avengers.

I could see that pov but whatīs on the page shows they had doubts about joining or not the X-men so I donīt think the characters at the time saw it as putting a healthy barrier more like they already had a compromise with the Avengers and also had friends there.
    Yeah it was their chance to escape. So they went to a location they weren't normally at, and then applied for the Avengers. It didn't exactly work out because Mags found them later. But they were teenagers too.

At the time they joined the Avengers, they had no friends. They hadn't even met Hawkeye yet. And while they met Tony, they were gonna be trained by Cap. Tony, Thor, Jan and Hank were all leaving the team. Hulk was already long gone. They took just a big chance and ended up on the second team. Which ended up being one of the more popular Avengers line ups.

When was the last time Magneto and Quicksilver spoke? If anyone knows...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    When was the last time Magneto and Quicksilver spoke? If anyone knows...
    During the Axis crossover and briefly after the retcon on Quicksilverīs solo series No surrender but they didnīt talk on that story.

RCO018 (2).jpg

RCO028 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-04-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never knew this, what issue was it in ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)