Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    there is a big difference though. what hank did had more build up in the story and you could see him getting wore and worse. wanda just sort of happened because bendis wanted the avengers to be destroyed from within, then m day because editorial wanted to reduce to mutant population further and bendis picked her again to do it.
    hank was a natural story progression, wanda was a scapegoat for the writers to do what they wanted.
    Very True. Honestly it suprises me so many x-fans are still mad at wanda but then on the flip side i think they see her as editoral and i remember a time when x-fans were screaming how their books were being clipped and mutants were suffering because of movie rights. And i remember them being shot down so much it became a "conspiracy" as though people can't see what is before them,. And other side was all "no, no. your seeing things, your jaded, there is no conspiracy." Then all of a sudden rights go back and now everyone pretty much goes. "yeah, they were stifling the franchise." and i think that vindication amped some up but it doesn't change to them wanda is literally the face of the killing of their books by editioral. Almost every x-fan had one fave set back because of that. At least that's my opinion because this hate seems beyond story imo.

That's why imo it is so important to put a period on this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Very True. Honestly it suprises me so many x-fans are still mad at wanda but then on the flip side i think they see her as editoral and i remember a time when x-fans were screaming how their books were being clipped and mutants were suffering because of movie rights. And i remember them being shot down so much it became a "conspiracy" as though people can't see what is before them,. And other side was all "no, no. your seeing things, your jaded, there is no conspiracy." Then all of a sudden rights go back and now everyone pretty much goes. "yeah, they were stifling the franchise." and i think that vindication amped some up but it doesn't change to them wanda is literally the face of the killing of their books by editioral. Almost every x-fan had one fave set back because of that. At least that's my opinion because this hate seems beyond story imo.

That's why imo it is so important to put a period on this.
    there were people who actually thought it was a conspiracy theory? i mean you just had to look at any media like games or the cartoons to see that. they actively removed the fantastic four from that marvel heroes game when it was rereleased, and doom was the main villain.

there were people who actually thought it was a conspiracy theory? i mean you just had to look at any media like games or the cartoons to see that. they actively removed the fantastic four from that marvel heroes game when it was rereleased, and doom was the main villain.
    Yes. They really did. Either that or they were pretending they did. It was real bad, especially around when the terrigen story started and the inhuman stuff was being promoted. I think a lot of people feel it all started with wanda and because people were ignoring them at that time about the real life they compounded it on the character. So in a sense it started with Wanda despite everything else so i can see how it won't be "over" until wanda finishes it. They can't make editorial pay.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes. They really did. Either that or they were pretending they did. It was real bad, especially around when the terrigen story started and the inhuman stuff was being promoted. I think a lot of people feel it all started with wanda and because people were ignoring them at that time about the real life they compounded it on the character. So in a sense it started with Wanda despite everything else so i can see how it won't be "over" until wanda finishes it. They can't make editorial pay.
    i mean i don think quseada was trying to hurt the x line with decimation, he just wanted have less mutants in the world for some reason. i suppose the first strike at the x line over the movie rights was with wanda and pietro when they retconned them not to be magneto kids or mutants

i mean i don think quseada was trying to hurt the x line with decimation, he just wanted have less mutants in the world for some reason. i suppose the first strike at the x line over the movie rights was with wanda and pietro when they retconned them not to be magneto kids or mutants
    I do think he wanted to hurt it because every mutant running around was potential for fox to make money so by wiping them off the board it sent a mandate that mutants are not a priority and don't add any to your books. I don't think anyone could argue the marvel universe would be very different if Carol sister was a mutant Kree or iron man had a mutant employee, or Thor has a mutant sidekick. I hope that is what happens in the future though. I mean i don't think it was personal on Quesada part but i do think he made a business decision and the way it was executed it was a bad one but it's easy to see other avenues when in hindsight. But then i do think privilege played a part. There is no way someone who wasn't would think the best way to cull a line that is a metaphor for all types of injustices would be to simply erase them and then gas them. I don't think it's right Wanda takes the blame for all that but she is the only focal character that has pretty much been through it all when it comes to the demoting of mutants in the MU

IMO marvel could literally use wanda to heal a very real pain i believe some readers are feeling. betrayal even if not full recognized is a very hard pill to swallow and get past. The fans did their part supporting the books and got caught in the politics and Wanda is editorial to some and they need that apology. I think that's why even when people point to how out of character the moment was it just makes them more mad, especially those who use to love wanda. Her voice was editorial stepping in universe.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-29-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Famously...

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, and leave each other in peace and probably just ignore each other.
    More then fine with that......

I think another way this Wanda mess will be put to rest is in when all of the depowered mutants are re powered its an irritating reminder to see depowered next to a mutant even a minor one.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I think another way this Wanda mess will be put to rest is in when all of the depowered mutants are re powered its an irritating reminder to see depowered next to a mutant even a minor one.
    I think its fine though i am curious to how to progresses.

Mighty Member

Well, " The trial of Magneto" is released on August. So i guess Scarlet Witch is still save from being persecute?

Mighty Member

Ok, I know things look more interested about the fate of Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    The writers tried to shift the blame to Doctor Doom and the "Life Force". But it would still be Wanda's decision to seek Victor's help in the first place.
    Is blame to the Life Force and Doom. CANON pass the page.

Rogue Logan Beast Sunfire Havok Polaris, they get along really well with Wanda, Rictor Jamie and their x-factor lineup too.

What others think does not matter, much less Cyclops and those who were part of the "Phoenix" more when at least two events have already been done to wash the guilt of Wanda, Wanda is innocent unlike other characters who have been criminals and murderers with all your senses.

Wanda Mutant again please.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-20-2021 at 09:21 AM.

I don't think its fine but hopefully things do progress pass the decimation era and it can be put to bed imo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What would have been interesting if Wandas spell worked in Empyre and Chython claimed all the resurrected souls preventing the X-men from resurrecting those dead mutants in Genosha
    Now that’s a cool idea.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I just read it and the ressurrection process has nothing to do with it. Strange says with all etters that she/magic users can't bring people from the death
    Strange says a lot of things that aren’t true
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”