Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I hope the same too I honestly think itīs the best way to finally put it to rest and give Wanda a better character treatment than she got from the beggining of the story.

JDW also confirmed they have got some plans for Wanda, he also confirmed he considers Billy and Tommy as mutants but that this could change because they are part of a different editorial and he talked a little about enjoying WandaVision on this interview.

This makes me very happy. I love me some Billy. My fun sketch for the week has been a mutant team addressing Mystic Arcana which includes wiccan and wanda. lol. so far they are the most done. so yay, until if it changes.

mysticarcana.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wanda being in limbo is such a waste any publicity is good publicity if you have the right PR team!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah and this isn't anything against Spurrier, but Wanda fans have seen this stuff from writers and often times they have good intentions but by the time the story comes out, it's really different. And some of that could be how the story naturally developed. Some of it could be top brass getting involved with the process. But Spurrier did not completely commit to Wanda there. So I'm not gonna hold him to it. I'm not gonna expect wild things that solve problems created way before he even came along.

I'm just gonna expect it to be about mutants putting that trauma behind them and then if Wanda actually makes an appearance and they put everything to rest finally, that's great. If not, then I did not get my expectations up.
    I liked his confirmation that he was doing a criticism on what he finds disturbing about Krakoa and that he didnīt thought it was ok to make Wandaīs mutants boogeyman. , JDW didnīt really said what those plans entailed exactly and itīs a given the story will have a focus on the X-men given itīs their franchise but lest hope something good comes out of this.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm shocked someone had the balls to actually say hey I think the twins are mutants Young Avengers fans have been asking for clarity on that since Axis! Kudos to him even if it does change at least he had the balls to say it most writers run from that question.
    I was surprised too especially since he didnīt thought it was hard to deduce they were and he also confirmed this was why Speed could get into Krakoa on that X-factor issue.

He confirme he thought there were some movie rights involved on the Axis retcon as well as the push to make characters no a mutant anymore that this was a question of bussines that unfortunately got involved into the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This makes me very happy. I love me some Billy. My fun sketch for the week has been a mutant team addressing Mystic Arcana which includes wiccan and wanda. lol. so far they are the most done. so yay, until if it changes.

mysticarcana.jpg
    Really good art, I think a sequel of Mystic Arcana could be great.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-26-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto does care about her in an unconditional way but their past makes Wanda unable to really trust him, seriously he considers himself lucky if she talks to him at all and after decimation and Axis, lest just say he really doensīt seem to know how to approach Wanda at all. Pietro always has been there for her but they have not been so close as siblings for quite a while, Agatha is her mentor and kind of a mother figure to her, I think she loves her in an unconditional way too and sheīs alive again so thereīs that, Marya Maximoff, who is Wandaīs aunt and adoptive mother is still alive and has talked with Wanda in the past. Thereīs also Vision, Brother Voodo, Simons and the Avengers so I donīt think Wanda is lacking in love, itīs just that marvel has not given her much to do and they didnīt do her any favors by putting her in limbo and then barely address what happened in HoM.
    I guess the problem is because Marvel does not show us these scenes, her characterisation is all over the place. Hopefully we get a POV from Wanda on the way people treat her and where she is in her life.

I wonder if Avengers vs X-Men removed the Avengers and only Wanda was part of the story, if she would have gotten resolution to Decimation. I always found Avengers vs X-Men such a strange story because the Avengers had no place in that story.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

mysticarcana.jpg
    Great to see the sketch, it looks amazing. If only the sequel of Mystic Arcana was in the works...

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    I guess the problem is because Marvel does not show us these scenes, her characterisation is all over the place. Hopefully we get a POV from Wanda on the way people treat her and where she is in her life.

I wonder if Avengers vs X-Men removed the Avengers and only Wanda was part of the story, if she would have gotten resolution to Decimation. I always found Avengers vs X-Men such a strange story because the Avengers had no place in that story.

Great to see the sketch, it looks amazing. If only the sequel of Mystic Arcana was in the works...
    Thanks, appreciate it. I really hope so, i bought it last week and it was so good i read the whole series in a day and was bing posting theories in the storm thread. lol. Literally everything Tini Howard wrote in the beginning of Excalibur made sense to me after reading it. It would also fit perfectly with the whole ebony rose and the destined new age of magic. mutant magic. It could be so good if done right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was surprised too especially since he didnīt thought it was hard to deduce they were and he also confirmed this was why Speed could get into Krakoa on that X-factor issue.

He confirme he thought there were some movie rights involved on the Axis retcon as well as the push to make characters no a mutant anymore that this was a question of bussines that unfortunately got involved into the stories.

Really good art, I think a sequel of Mystic Arcana could be great.
    This idea of Wanda needing final closure with the mutants is just insane. The mutants have every reason to keep hating her for the rest of life if they want to. No matter how much you guys hate it "no more mutants" is a defining part of both Wanda and the mutants stories. It is going to always be brought up and referenced. It is not holding the character back at all.

There is nothing stopping Wanda from going on and doing all her magic stuff with Strange, Voodoo or what ever. During her solo she even started getting a bit of a rogues gallery. She has always viewed being a mutant as a burden and she has hated her father. Now that she is free from both you guys want to drag her back to both of those things just cause you hated the changed. When she found out she wasn't a mutant she wasn't sad she was happy she wasn't Magneto's daughter. She is free to run around with her Avengers friends all she wants now. All this grand standing is just to make her feel better about herself she can't make up for what she did period.

Well I donīt think itīs madness I will agree with thereīs nothing stoping Wanda from living her life and I am not saying "all of Krakoa should forgive her and make a big event out of it" I am only interested on decimation ending, on Crucible being completely forgotten because I donīt think it makes sense for the X-men as a group of heros to have a ceremony like that for decimated mutants and I would not mind Wanda making ammends but those are just my personal thoughts, no one has to agree with me and itīs very possible the X-writers are not even thinking of this in the same terms I am doing, so I will agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-26-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    This idea of Wanda needing final closure with the mutants is just insane. The mutants have every reason to keep hating her for the rest of life if they want to. No matter how much you guys hate it "no more mutants" is a defining part of both Wanda and the mutants stories. It is going to always be brought up and referenced. It is not holding the character back at all.

There is nothing stopping Wanda from going on and doing all her magic stuff with Strange, Voodoo or what ever. During her solo she even started getting a bit of a rogues gallery. She has always viewed being a mutant as a burden and she has hated her father. Now that she is free from both you guys want to drag her back to both of those things just cause you hated the changed. When she found out she wasn't a mutant she wasn't sad she was happy she wasn't Magneto's daughter. She is free to run around with her Avengers friends all she wants now. All this grand standing is just to make her feel better about herself she can't make up for what she did period.
    Yet you have mass murders on the island who get what they did swept under the rug, but Wanda can’t get some type of resolution. Plus it changes decimation from a human on mutant crime to a mutant on mutant crime if she gets retconned. That opens the question do we put her on trial or try to put it behind us and let her walk. Maybe she can cast one big spell to restore the remaining depowered mutants effectively ending the need for the Crucible. The whining is getting annoying, it’s like you’ll talk shit but won’t do nothing about it. At this point Wanda’s living rent free in mutants mines as the Pretender and they ain’t gonna try anything against her.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 04-26-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Yet you have mass murders on the island who get what they did swept under the rug, but Wanda can’t get some type of resolution. Plus it changes decimation from a human on mutant crime to a mutant on mutant crime if she gets retconned. That opens the question do we put her on trial or try to put it behind us and let her walk. Maybe she can cast one big spell to restore the remaining depowered mutants effectively ending the need for the Crucible. The whining is getting annoying, it’s like you’ll talk shit but won’t do nothing about it. At this point Wanda’s living rent free in mutants mines as the Pretender and they ain’t gonna try anything against her.
    The villains are allowed on Krakoa to live in peace as long as they don't break the 3 laws that doesn't mean they are friends with every mutant on the island. I mean the Morlocks tried to killed Greycrow while on the island cause of the mutant massacre. Omega Red was attacked by the Logan family as well because of his past and viewed as a monster on the island. The Fenris Twins very publicly shamed for their past as well.

If Wanda was mutant she would only be allowed to live on the island like everyone else. That doesn't mean mutants would be treating her like a friend, but she isn't which is what she wanted

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Wanda saw being a mutant as a burden -- more than other mutant characters did, I mean -- but I agree that her problem in comics has nothing to do with whether she gets forgiven/redeemed in mutant comics. Wanda is "owned" by the Avengers office, and they have refused to use her at all for two years, even knowing that her show was coming.

If Wanda were on the Avengers where she belongs then the "Pretender" storyline would carry more weight, and her fans wouldn't be constantly mad at the X-books about the role she plays (but never appears in) on Krakoa.

The villains are allowed on Krakoa to live in peace as long as they don't break the 3 laws that doesn't mean they are friends with every mutant on the island. I mean the Morlocks tried to killed Greycrow while on the island cause of the mutant massacre. Omega Red was attacked by the Logan family as well because of his past and viewed as a monster on the island. The Fenris Twins very publicly shamed for their past as well.

If Wanda was mutant she would only be allowed to live on the island like everyone else. That doesn't mean mutants would be treating her like a friend, but she isn't which is what she wanted
    Really bad excuses the not break the law.

If they deserve forgiveness, so does Wanda

I think way of x will be dealing with crucible and a lot of issues that go along with mutant culture going forward. I think crucible being disturbing was the point from a writer’s perspective. From the quiet council’s perspective it was just a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think Wanda saw being a mutant as a burden -- more than other mutant characters did, I mean -- but I agree that her problem in comics has nothing to do with whether she gets forgiven/redeemed in mutant comics. Wanda is "owned" by the Avengers office, and they have refused to use her at all for two years, even knowing that her show was coming.

If Wanda were on the Avengers where she belongs then the "Pretender" storyline would carry more weight, and her fans wouldn't be constantly mad at the X-books about the role she plays (but never appears in) on Krakoa.
    I don't think it works this way. wanda being on a book could help the fans feel less of the burden. But I would still call out the x-books on it and I think many fans would do the same. It's a very old story and she already tried to fix it many times, time to move on

BANNED

They can go and ask sebastian how he is currently doing on the island.