Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The focal point should be the Sentinels and the humans who actively try to come after them. If any one deserves the to be a devil figure it’s Trask for building those things. Yet Exodus isn’t telling what led up to that all he is doing is making it seem like it was always her intention to say no more mutants even though Emma said at the time her mind was a mess and one wrong move could be the end. Wanda’s story is complicated and the victim’s trauma horrific yet she is being told as a being who has it out for them and is actively plotting against them.
    It is histerical. Wanda is just living her life and mutants are taking her as mortal enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oooppppp spill the Tea they talking all that shit but won't pull up!!! All them mutants got beef yet Wanda sitting pretty & unbothered we love to see it!!
    Do you really want the mutants to go after Wanda?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The focal point should be the Sentinels and the humans who actively try to come after them. If any one deserves the to be a devil figure it’s Trask for building those things. Yet Exodus isn’t telling what led up to that all he is doing is making it seem like it was always her intention to say no more mutants even though Emma said at the time her mind was a mess and one wrong move could be the end. Wanda’s story is complicated and the victim’s trauma horrific yet she is being told as a being who has it out for them and is actively plotting against them.
    Every mutant knows about Sentinels they are the most public anti mutant weapon in the world. TVs and nations have broadcasted those things all over the place. Mutants don't need to be told about that.

However not all mutants know the part that Wanda played in losing their powers/dying. Not to mention the young mutants who were too young and most likely didn't even have their powers yet when M day happened.

Example Magma's boyfriend was just flying around and then boom dies in the volcano cause no powers. He gets brought back to life on Krakoa. "Hey wtf happened to me" "Hey this crazy chick Wanda took all our powers nearly wiping us out." " Wow what a piece of crap."

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Oh yeah the Wanda fans would love that then Wanda can be guilt free because the big bad mutants "got their revenge on her"
    Last edited by Outburstz; 04-26-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Oh yeah the Wanda fans would love that then Wanda can be guilt free because the big bad mutants "got their revenge on her"

Extraordinary Member

Some X-fans love to makes assumptions about Wanda and her fans, how many people say stuff like "she is always this way" according to Post-2005 material and stuff by X-writers?
    Wanda became a narrative slave to X-franchise because of two stories that barely featured her. butchered her lore and throw her out of comics for bloody years. It will always be funny to me that X-fans will tell Wanda fans to "own it up" while complaining all the time about their favs getting the "bad writing".
    Like seriously I would not really care if Wanda can get some steady appearances outside of X-franchise where she can do her own stuff un-disturbed, but being a narrative slave to X-franchise and trashed by its fans is just her current state.
    If your fav got hijacked by a way bigger franchise and used as a plot device and stuck for like how many years, would you want a permanent break?
    Edit: Basically she was used as a "negative plot device" she couldn't possibly make up for later since she is not really an X-character and thus not allowed an equally positive role, she shouldn't have been dragged to do that shit in the first place. Cutting her off from X-franchise entirely is the way to go at this point. Her connection is strong enough to enabled her initial status as a plot device, but not strong enough to grant her any real resolution. Just bloody murder her in X-Men and let her crawl out of her grave off-screen or something, like they always do with Wanda, minimal effort.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-26-2021 at 07:51 PM.

The Drama!! It would give me newfound life!!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not mad at X-Books. Marvel carries the load equally and much of her bad depictions in the past 17 years have been on Avengers offices. So I think it's just the company deciding to mishandle the character for shock value to make money from an event. And then have that spawn off tons of other stories about other characters.

The X-books are actually getting saddled with dealing with it now. When most of the people there didn't have to do with M-day.

I don't think she should be on that side because it's antagonistic. I liken it to someone calling up their victims every year to remind them of being attacked. It's toxic and unhealthy. So unless they are gonna tread some new ground here, she should just stay away.

I'm gonna see what Spurrier has planned. But like I posted earlier, I'm not putting any pressure on him to fix old stories. I'm expecting him to do something that gives mutants closure. And then if it has Wanda and she earns some kind of redemption, fine. But I'm not thinking that's possible nor expecting it. it's been too long. And redemption was fumbled so much years ago.
    Agreed and lest hope the Avengers side gets some clues and decides to make some stories about her as well.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Some X-fans love to makes assumptions about Wanda and her fans, how many people say stuff like "she is always this way" according to Post-2005 material and stuff by X-writers?
    Wanda became a narrative slave to X-franchise because of two stories that barely featured her. butchered her lore and throw her out of comics for bloody years. It will always be funny to me that X-fans will tell Wanda fans to "own it up" while complaining all the time about their favs getting the "bad writing".
    Like seriously I would not really care if Wanda can get some steady appearances outside of X-franchise where she can do her own stuff un-disturbed, but being a narrative slave to X-franchise and trashed by its fans is just her current state.
    If your fav got hijacked by a way bigger franchise and used as a plot device and stuck for like how many years, would you want a permanent break?
    Edit: Basically she was used as a "negative plot device" she couldn't possibly make up for later since she is not really an X-character and thus not allowed an equally positive role, she shouldn't have been dragged to do that shit in the first place. Cutting her off from X-franchise entirely is the way to go at this point. Her connection is strong enough to enabled her initial status as a plot device, but not strong enough to grant her any real resolution. Just bloody murder her in X-Men and let her crawl out of her grave off-screen or something, like they always do with Wanda, minimal effort.
    They never allowed her to 100% fix it and never will. X-men books needs a enemy and she ws the choosen one.

On Krakoa those who have beef against anyone on there can confront them and fight or call them out to their face. Talking trash about Wanda and having as the devil figure is a cop out if she is not around.
    Uh most of them are kids lol Ohhh look how badass The Pretender is beating up the Mutant children she wished (succeeding) she had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    If mutants want to trash talk Wanda who almost made the whole mutant species extinct that is there right to do so. The only people who feel the need for this redemption arc are Wanda fans who hated how HOM went down. Wanting to make Wanda feel better about what happen which is just non sense. Mutants don't need to forgive this woman at all.
    lol THIS ALLLLLL DAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They never allowed her to 100% fix it and never will. X-men books needs a enemy and she ws the choosen one.
    How many .Xstorylines feature her as the villian?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No I'm aware but all those other problems are being fixed off page. Blob & Neck dude just got fucked over hysterically!! Like OMG that shit had no right to be that funny! Like can you imagine u just walking & your neck collapses lol that's some Final Destination type shit!

And they deserve to be pissed off more IMO the 5 got the rest covered!
    Yeah Dang you must really thought it was funny as this is like your 3rd post about how hilarious it was. Which is a uncommon reaction to innocent minorities being Genocide-d, but do you. I have a dark sense of humor. Buuut what I don't get is posting how amused you were in those threads. très gauche. Like if I went into The Pretenders appreciation and posted how happy this pic made me Id be a troll Yet in every thread Thr Pretender pops up in it's similar from her fans....yet it's XFans that are the ones who are the problem
    Yet you have mass murders on the island who get what they did swept under the rug, but Wanda can’t get some type of resolution. Plus it changes decimation from a human on mutant crime to a mutant on mutant crime if she gets retconned. That opens I’ll the question do we put her on trial or try to put it behind us and let her walk. Maybe she can cast on big spell a repower the remaining depowered mutants effectively ending the need for the Crucible. The whining is getting annoying, it’s like you’ll talk shit but won’t do nothing about it. At this point Wanda’s living rent free in mutants mines as the Pretender and they ain’t gonna try anything against her.
    Do you know what amnesty means? And yes the villians were pardoned but in a way their their behavior as sh!tty as it was it'd understandable cause they're villains. A hero who should themselves to higher standard should take responsibility instead blame slips off her. Anyway any amount or murders committed I'm the part by these Villainous mutants pales in comparison to Wanda's body coount. And how many incursions did the Illuminati stop? That's murder on a planetary scale.
    Whining about Whining...okay.
    I don't recall seeing an XFan "talking shit" unless you mean stating facts but that can't be helped But some see the Truth as an attack of their favorite character...must be that guilty conscience
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Like seriously, any person who has a problem with wanda being used as insult on krakoa or the mutants calling her the pretender is should take said grievances directly to the steps of disney. Because as it stands she did a hate crime and she is now a curse word amongst her victims in their own books and if they do not like it they can go burn the sea. Like some wanda fans actually acknowledge that what she did was horrendous and are actually thinking of ways she can atone whilst we have some here spouting some weird stuff about mutants having bad attitudes in general and sexism and stuff.
    Truth lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Like they do not get back back pain breaking their back to do mental gymnastics to justify her mistake.

lol that is pretty damn funny
    GrindrStone(D)

There's a lot of us that just want her to stay away.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No more mutants is one of the biggest moments in mutant history and you want them to not bring it up anymore because they "can't grow", while they are literally on an island making a nation and culture for mutants to prosper instead of being in some stupid mansion. Bringing back the powers of mutants and dead mutants back to life. They have a whole language and a space program as well as colonies in other world. Having control of the Brood as well as having a mutant Shi'ar leader. Not to mention returned a lost group of mutants back home.

Yet they are not growing because they are saying mean things about Wanda oooooooooook
    Would you dwell on grief for the rest of your life? That has to have some impact healthwise after a while. Nothing will change anything. It happened. It can't be taken back. Can't be forgiven. It doesn't have to be forgiven to move on.

I don't think Spurrier is writing things for Wanda's clear conscience, but a healthier way for mutants to deal with tragedy.

No they don't need a resolution because there is nothing that they can do to Wanda that will make up for what she has done. Mutants are doing their thing on Krakoa and building a nation and culture to protect themselves and Wanda is off hooking up with Voodoo or what ever.

If mutants want to trash talk Wanda who almost made the whole mutant species extinct that is there right to do so. The only people who feel the need for this redemption arc are Wanda fans who hated how HOM went down. Wanting to make Wanda feel better about what happen which is just non sense. Mutants don't need to forgive this woman at all.
    Wanda is a character. Her feeling better about anything has completely do with writers. We as fans can't will that to happen. I personally think it'll never be something gotten over so she should just stay away. But go off about what we all want as a collective.

Criticizing Marvel for a hack story does not mean wanting a character to be forgiven for wiping out a large group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She's an X-man enemy? So, that means they'll forgive her and over look anything bad she's ever done the minute she does so much as hold a door open for one of them, right? That's how they treat all the rest of their enemies it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah Dang you must really thought it was funny as this is like your 3rd post about how hilarious it was. Which is a uncommon reaction to innocent minorities being Genocide-d, but do you. I have a dark sense of humor. Buuut what I don't get is posting how amused you were in those threads. très gauche. Like if I went into The Pretenders appreciation and posted how happy this pic made
    Oh please miss me with all that, yeah I thought that shit was funny gave me Horror Movie tease particularly Final Destination, their fictional minors apart of a fictional minority so who cares. So yeah it was très drôle IMO! And u do whatever u want in the Wanda thread I'm barely ever over there! And as far X-Fans being the problem thats your own issue this is fiction I personally am not getting triggered over fiction or a non-existent us vs them war in people's heads.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    She's an X-man enemy? So, that means they'll forgive her and over look anything bad she's ever done the minute she does so much as hold a door open for one of them, right? That's how they treat all the rest of their enemies it seems.
    They probably would have done that if she was still a mutant so yes ironic. Would not have been happy to see her but yes, they would have let her in.

I still stand by let the mutants affected hold a grudge because it´s fair, let Wanda try to make ammends because that´s what heros do, they take responsibility for their actions and lest just end decimation once and for all.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022