Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She knew it was dark magic and she knew with dark magic there would be consequences hence why she went to Doom over Strange. Wanda is a very adept magic user and not an idiot. She dabbled in dangerous magic and burnt everyone
    Magic itself is dangerous no matter if it’s light or dark. She didn’t know and Strange has taken control of other entities forcefully which is considered dark magic. Dark Magic gets out of hand when the wilder doesn’t have a strong will and Wanda was fragile and Doom took advantage of that
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Magic itself is dangerous no matter if it’s light or dark. She didn’t know and Strange has taken control of other entities forcefully which is considered dark magic. Dark Magic gets out of hand when the wilder doesn’t have a strong will and Wanda was fragile and Doom took advantage of that
    No she did know there would be consequences hence why its dark magic. She didn't care thats the difference. She went to Doom because Strange wouldn't approve just like he didn't approve of her spell in Empyre

She went to Doom because he was less conflicted about practicing the darker arts if she was clueless and naive she would have went to strange and asked. She knew it was wrong but went to Doom anyway
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-27-2021 at 11:31 AM.

No she did know there would be consequences hence why its dark magic. She didn't care thats the difference.
    Where does it state she knew Doom was using dark magic. Not every type of spell that causes resurrection is dark magic. It’s only dark when the energy is dark the lifeforce is not dark or light it’s just a mystical energy source like Phoenix Force is neither good nor bad just a psionic energy source how strong someone’s will is to overcome and control it makes the difference of the outcome

Where does it state she knew Doom was using dark magic. Not every type of spell that causes resurrection is dark magic. It’s only dark when the energy is dark the lifeforce is not dark or light it’s just a mystical energy source like Phoenix Force is neither good nor bad just a psionic energy source how strong someone’s will is to overcome and control it makes the difference of the outcome
    It's in Children's Crusade 7 she states that Doom was less conflicted about practicing the darker arts. If she was naive as I said above she would have just asked Strange. But she knew they were dark arts so knew it was wrong.

Also it was her that went to the idea to Doom. She knew it was dark magic before approaching Doom. Not Doom suggesting it thats why she chose him over Strange

Astonishing Member

I don't know if this was brought up (not going through 20 pages), but the X men in the House of M event right before the reality warping were believing that killing her would be ok since she killed some Avengers. The reason being that since she is a Mutant, and it would look bad on them. Basically the idea of killing Wanda is what drove Pietro to have her warp reality, which caused the House of M reality, which from those events caused her to get rid of the Mutants. I am not saying those affected by it deserved it, but this feels more of a punishment to cause pain on people who want to hurt someone in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I don't know if this was brought up (not going through 20 pages), but the X men in the House of M event right before the reality warping were believing that killing her would be ok since she killed some Avengers. The reason being that since she is a Mutant, and it would look bad on them. Basically the idea of killing Wanda is what drove Pietro to have her warp reality, which caused the House of M reality, which from those events caused her to get rid of the Mutants. I am not saying those affected by it deserved it, but this feels more of a punishment to cause pain on people who want to hurt someone in pain.
    Are we back to saying Wanda was lucid? Wanda decided to punish no named people in order to punish a few? Because they suggested killing her? After murdering several lemmings in Disassembled. Also she wanted to punish them even though she wanted to die in that same issue?

It's in Children's Crusade 7 she states that Doom was less conflicted about practicing the darker arts. If she was naive as I said above she would have just asked Strange. But she knew they were dark arts so knew it was wrong.
    Using dark magic isn’t wrong. It’s been used several times by heroes. In Children’s Crusade it was also mentioned that they combined their Magic’s to take control of the lifeforce. Trying to forcefully take energy that is not yours is dark magic and again Strange has done that several times
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 04-27-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Using dark magic isn’t wrong. It’s been used several times by heroes. In Children’s Crusade it was also mentioned that they combined their Magic’s to take control of the lifeforce. Trying to forcefully take energy that is not yours is dark magic and again Strange has done that several times
    It is if you dont know what you're doing

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Yes, X-men were ready to kill her so she couldn't cause bad PR for all mutants. No wonder Pietro and Wanda were really afraid of x-men.
    The downside is that the x-men that wanted to kill her weren't affected by it. I really felt less simpathic to mutants when I saw they were ready to kill Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good thing she didn't used it on M day
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-27-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s wrong when you don’t have an indomitable will, which is what Doom told Wanda when he had control of it.

If it wasn't wrong why would she say Strange would be conflicted over it. Wanda herself knew it was wrong

Also anyone have that panel of Strange scanning Wanda and saying he couldn't detect any external influence its my favourite part of HoM/Disassembled

If it wasn't wrong why would she say Strange would be conflicted over it. Wanda herself knew it was wrong

Also anyone have that panel of Strange scanning Wanda and saying he couldn't detect any external influence its my favourite part of HoM/Disassembled
    He also said chaos magic didn't exist despite using it in a solo run previous to that event. Bendis doesn't read the characters he writes.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He also said chaos magic didn't exist despite using it in a solo run previous to that event. Bendis doesn't read the characters he writes.
    It's a great scene though. The true story made her more sympathetic. The retcon makes her unsympathetic

I might go and read it again. Such a great story

It's a great scene though. The true story made her more sympathetic. The retcon makes her unsympathetic

I might go and read it again. Such a great story
    Yeah that's a troll if there ever was one. I was around for the reaction to that story and it wasn't sympathy, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.