Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I’m not trashing Storm. I love Storm.

I’m responding to the claim that she can sustain a solo franchise all by herself.

Pointing out the flaws in that is not hating on Storm.
    Agreed with this.

Currently She cannot. her version of Fox was very bad.
    And Logan could barely, compared to the MCU of course ... so at the moment she couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Agreed with this.

Currently She cannot. her version of Fox was very bad.
    And Logan could barely, compared to the MCU of course ... so at the moment she couldn't.
    There seems to be a very cross-cross mix of whether or not we’re speaking about comics or MCU.

Comics: no, as has been shown, Storm is not capable of maintaining a solo book.

Movies?: we have no evidence either way. Although I suspect any future attempts relies heavily on how the introduction of mutants is handled and received, as well as how successful washing off the taint of FoX-Men-Storm is.

There seems to be a very cross-cross mix of whether or not we’re speaking about comics or MCU.

Movies?: we have no evidence either way. Although I suspect any future attempts relies heavily on how the introduction of mutants is handled and received, as well as how successful washing off the taint of FoX-Men-Storm is.
    And I completely agree again.
    But they are blind fanatics and extremists and cannot be reasoned with.

Incredible Member

Storm never had a solo book. What that thing was something full of recently made-up Wakanda crap pretty much nobody cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Storm never had a solo book. What that thing was something full of recently made-up Wakanda crap pretty much nobody cared about.
    Uuuuhhhhh……

https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...rm_2014_-_2015

Um, yes she did

Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yes, she had but limited series, which I personally found very boring, she works better in team books, I am not saying if she can support a book alone or not in the long term because that has not been seen yet. so far she has not endured a book where the real burden truly falls on her. And when they do they put things from wakanda and BP, which really bores me totally.

Now it seems in sword she will be more focused on Storm, let's see if she can lift the book that has pathetic sales, I say if she can really support a book should save sword, right?
    , but given that not even being Magneto in front of the book had good sales and is on the verge of cancellation because I doubt it.

Let's see if she makes it through the year.

The great test of whether Storm can support a book and generate good sales she now has with a SWORD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She also had this mini-series *url*
    She also had one in 1996, which revolved her being brought to an inhospital pocket dimension by Mikhail Rasputin and encountering the civilization of mutants he had created there with several generations of Morlocks.

So at least three mini series with her name.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

double post
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-29-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magnetoīs solo title lasted two years and ended during Hickmanīs secret wars and after this he was a main character on X-men and Uncanny X-men with good sales too.

Storm already had a solo title as well so imo itīs indeed possible for both of them to form franchises if pushed in that direction but right now the two characters who we can say already have a franchise of their own is Wolverine, thanks to Logan movie and his long running solo title even after two years of being dead and Deadpool who had succesful movies and has a long running solo series.

I donīt think itīs fair to judge storm for her Fox movies, she was barely a character there and those movies never touched her personal story or background. Unlike Black Panther, Logan, Deadpool or WandaVision. I donīt think this counts as an argument agaist holding a franchise of her own, if she had a solo movie and a solo title and those were not succesful then I would agree but itīs too early to tell if she could hold a franchise, same with Magneto, he had a two year solo series and First Class movie that gave new life to the Fox X-men was done around the argument of his solo movie fox had planned.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Probably mentioned by this point but Kurt didn't seem to hold a grudge against her, he invited her to the school during Amazing X-Men even

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    Probably mentioned by this point but Kurt didn't seem to hold a grudge against her, he invited her to the school during Amazing X-Men even
    Kurt likes everybody tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

She shouldn't the "New X-Men: Childhood's End" kids should resent her and the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    She shouldn't the "New X-Men: Childhood's End" kids should resent her and the X-Men.
    Say this louder for the people in the back.

I do not understand why people want Wanda to be liked by all mutants it's insane. Mutants in general should look at Wanda the same way humans look at Magneto. Every time they show up it they should be a little worried.

Those kids that had to watch their class mates die in the bus should be mad as hell at Wanda not to mention the ones that died cause of her. No reason that needs to be forgiven