Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    A raffle is an easy solution. For for all, without then public execution.

Also, essentially there’s 3 classes of mutants now:

1. Those that never lost their powers.

2. Those that did, and now have to commit a public suicide to “earn” (lol, nobody “earned” their powers to begin with) their powers back.

3. Those born after M-Day.

I’m thinking one class of mutant has a right to feel like their being treated as inferior.
    Raffles can be maipulated. The Crucible cannot.

The depowered Mutants of Krakoa share all of it's luxuries with their fellow mutants. They aren't seen or treated as less than and the Crucible is 100% their choice.

There are no classes of mutants. Nice try though.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

The depowered Mutants of Krakoa share all of it's luxuries with their fellow mutants. They aren't seen or treated as less than and the Crucible is 100% their choice.

Actually there is. Way of X and New Mutants have shown that mutants who are considered Omega are looked on more favorably and that there are mutants who hold some negative feeling to that. Also the Outcast Gate where apparently mutants such as Lost seem to be sent through cause of uncontrollable powers. So there is a class system at play just not one explicitly put forth.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

They’re not allowed to have their powers though, unless they subject themselves to a ritualistic and public suicide.

Tell a girl who used to fly that she can’t do that anymore, unless she accepts getting her ass handed to her.

And if you’re worried about the raffle being manipulated, I guess this society isn’t as perfect as it may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Actually there is. Way of X and New Mutants have shown that mutants who are considered Omega are looked on more favorably and that there are mutants who hold some negative feeling to that. Also the Outcast Gate where apparently mutants such as Lost seem to be sent through cause of uncontrollable powers. So there is a class system at play just not one explicitly put forth.
    But where has any one mutant Omega or no been denied anything another has based off of percieved class?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

A raffle is an easy solution. For for all, without then public execution.

Also, essentially there’s 3 classes of mutants now:

1. Those that never lost their powers.

2. Those that did, and now have to commit a public suicide to “earn” (lol, nobody “earned” their powers to begin with) their powers back.

3. Those born after M-Day.

I’m thinking one class of mutant has a right to feel like their being treated as inferior.
    You forgot those that died that are still slowly being brought back. The other two sets of "classes" that you named never lost their powers and are basically the ones running the show or are working for Krakoa in some form.

They are not being treated as in inferior they just have to wait cause the people who are defending Krakoa take precedence. I mean how silly would it be for some one like Quire to have to wait to be brought back when he is so valuable to the security of Krakoa?

They’re not allowed to have their powers though, unless they subject themselves to a ritualistic and public suicide.

Tell a girl who used to fly that she can’t do that anymore, unless she accepts getting her ass handed to her.

And if you’re worried about the raffle being manipulated, I guess this society isn’t as perfect as it may seem.
    You keep saying the depowered are being denied their powers. What powers? They're depowered...

No one ever said that Krakoa is perfect. No society is perfect. Everything bends the line on both sides to the point of being grey in every functioning society. The Crucible can be thrown in that basket. It's neither right nor inherently wrong and it's a part of Krakoan culture that all it's citizens ultimately accept.

If it was as simple as just dying to get your powers back then you'd have the depowered cliff jumping in troves and that'd just be a mess.

The reality is that no matter how you go about it death is a guarantee.

How does the raffle end? With a bullet to the head? Stab to the heart? Broken neck? Lethal injection? Jim Jones special? The chair? Poison darts? Wanda style? Drowning? Wolverine?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You forgot those that died that are still slowly being brought back. The other two sets of "classes" that you named never lost their powers and are basically the ones running the show or are working for Krakoa in some form.

They are not being treated as in inferior they just have to wait cause the people who are defending Krakoa take precedence. I mean how silly would it be for some one like Quire to have to wait to be brought back when he is so valuable to the security of Krakoa?
    They don't seem tk understand that the Crucible isn't some wall. It's a golden ticket to skip MILLIONS of dead mutants in the queue previously or recently dead no matter their affiliation.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

They don't seem tk understand that the Crucible isn't some wall. It's a golden ticket to skip MILLIONS of dead mutants in the queue previously or recently dead no matter their affiliation.
    Funny you call it a golden ticket…

Raffle? Hah.

I’m not debating the necessity of some sort of coordination on who gets resurrected.

Funny you call it a golden ticket…

Raffle? Hah.
    Yes I love my metaphors too.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

How does the raffle end? With a bullet to the head? Stab to the heart? Broken neck? Lethal injection? Jim Jones special? The chair? Poison darts? Wanda style? Drowning? Wolverine?
    I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be cool if the mutant who was raffle-drawn to die got to pick exactly how? And without it being publicized for all to see (unless that was part of their choice)?

Not this fake “oh no, you’re going to attack me and I have to defend myself, but really I need to die to get this over with, so why am I defending myself?” display of…whatever it is. Some twisted form of toxic masculinity?

I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be cool if the mutant who was raffle-drawn to die got to pick exactly how? And without it being publicized for all to see (unless that was part of their choice)?

Not this fake “oh no, you’re going to attack me and I have to defend myself, but really I need to die to get this over with, so why am I defending myself?” display of…whatever it is. Some twisted form of toxic masculinity?
    Mutant enemies do not care if you are male or female everyone needs to be ready to fight and understands what comes with being a mutant. The Crucible does that. Unless when you get pressed you just lay there and scream for help. In that case you were better off staying human

Mutant enemies do not care if you are male or female everyone needs to be ready to fight and understands what comes with being a mutant. The Crucible does that. Unless when you get pressed you just lay there and scream for help. In that case you were better off staying human
    The bolded doesn’t mean that the basis for the Crucible doesn’t stem from toxic masculinity.

What’s cool is many can accept that Krakoa isn’t a perfect society yet, and needs improvement…but somehow suggesting the Crucible is one thing that needs to be adjusted is somehow not OK?

But where has any one mutant Omega or no been denied anything another has based off of percieved class?
    They aren’t being denied, but their well being is overlooked due to their abilities not being as treasured. Even Charles said Omegas are Krakoa’s national treasures, so that in it self creates a class. You really don’t need to deny a person of something to have a class system.
    The Crucible doesn’t train them for any enemy combat. All depowered mutants need to do is die in a ritual combat. After that they don’t have to keep training.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The Crucible doesn’t train them for any enemy combat. All depowered mutants need to do is die in a ritual combat. After that they don’t have to keep training.
    It's mental Covetous. Going through the Crucible makes you really wonder to yourself is this really the life that I want. Is all this pain really worth it? Do I really want to be a mutant this bad that I am willing to put up with all of this punishment? These are questions that run through the mind of someone who is truly on the brink of a serious beat down.