Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Yeah ! They are characters that sexualided for their personalities. Like Emma or Daken they like to be sexy and show their bodies.

But Rogue? she never was a Boob window user.
    Espically for Any Fan that knows threw the early times before she was able to better control her power how she had to cover and what that ment for her character and the challenge to Rogue threw that struggle, it is why many become fans of Rogues so much!

Yea some characters are made to strike the sexualided personal easy cause it comes with their characters, but it seemed late 2000's to early 2010's and into the NEW 52 with DC is just seem like to many ladies become sexualided, it was on steriods levels of sexualided.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Probably "Children's Crusade," where Scott was written as a fanatical Wanda-hater who refused to let her try to reverse the Decimation because he found it more important to take her into custody.

I just dismiss it as Scott being written out-of-character to drive the plot, just like how Wolverine spends much of the story trying to murder Wanda and Billy in cold blood, but I'm a pretty fanatical "if it's out of character it doesn't count" type myself, not just for Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, this part gave me mixed feelings because I hated this take on Scott and Logan and liked Magneto and X-factor characterization, I especially liked Magneto being like "I am not defending anyone at all, I just happen to be in the middle of the fight for no reason Wanda" XD but I hated the fact this story was supposed to bring back Wanda with a redemption story for her instead it was turned into a prequel for the AvX crossover.
    Indeed it was Thanks to a Cyclops Fan Long Ago on the old CBR that I gave a chance to listen to just once to change my minde on Scott.

I hated Scott for allot of Reasons, but Children's Crusade was the root of to much of it.

But it was thanks to a Scott Fan just asking Me, Not to Judge a Character by 1 story, that Scott was a better character then that and to give him a chance beyond that story.

This Might have be a paraphrasing of how it happen, but it is mostly went like that.

I am glad I Listen, it a lead me to Hold the Ideals of Characters should be judge by a Majority whole of their Work and not just out of a few stories no matter how big or how hurtful they where to me. I have accepted the OOC of Scott in that story today, it shows that when listen to we can become better threw each other as fans when we listen to change our minds and make knew philosophies for ourselves. :-)

Thank you CJ Striker I also hope marvel brings a balanced story that respects all the characters involved
    Indeed I am glad you see it that way as well too Lucyinthesky, Comics and Characters are best to be enjoyed at their fullest when respect is given to all characters in the best ways the creators can to lead to resolutions and developments!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 04-24-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed it was Thanks to a Cyclops Fan Long Ago on the old CBR that I gave a chance to listen to just once to change my minde on Scott.

I hated Scott for allot of Reasons, but Children's Crusade was the root of to much of it.

But it was thanks to a Scott Fan just asking Me, Not to Judge a Character by 1 story, that Scott was a better character then thank and to give him a chance beyond that story.

This Might have be a paraphrasing of how it happen, but it is mostly went like that.

I am glad I Listen, it a lead me to Hold the Ideals of Characters should be judge but a Majority Hole of their Work and not just out of a few stories no matter how big or how hurtful they where to me. I have accepted the OOC of Scott in that story today, it shows that when listen to we can become better threw each other as fans when we listen to change our minds and make knew philosophies for us. :-)

Indeed I am glad you see it that way as well too Lucyinthesky, Comics and Characters are best to be enjoyed at their fullest when respect is given to all characters in the best ways the creators can to lead to resolutions and developments!
    Ohk so question can wanda actually reverse decimation?
    Because from what happened in empire it even got worse when she tried. But as of now can she?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That wasn't even Jesn Grey .... That was just Thors Mommy wearjbg a Jean suit
    Ikr and jean still paid for it. I love wanda a lot infact I stan her but in this she did wrong by the mutants and even she knows it the only people who can't seem to grasp that are some portion of her stans that want to invalidate the experience and trauma that house of M caused the mutants.

BANNED

Beast found her on Wundagore when he was looking for a cure to decimation and didn´t told anyone where was she hidding, Wolverine attacked her on Children´s Crusade but told Rogue to be more friendly on Uncanny Avengers(it´s the problem with multiple writers) so I count them as friendly to her.

Hmmm beast being friendly to wanda is not really a good thing as we all know beast has some skewed morals. Rouge being more friendly with her wil be from avengers and her time on it along with wolverine who interacts a lot with them. But I do not think he is friendly with her. Mutantkind as a whole though yh wanda has some serious attonning to do.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ok so question can wanda actually reverse decimation?
    Because from what happened in empire it even got worse when she tried. But as of now can she?
    She was going to reverse it on Avengers: Children´s Crusade but she lost the "life force" because it was taken by Dr Doom so she only could reverse the spell on Rictor.

Hmmm beast being friendly to wanda is not really a good thing as we all know beast has some skewed morals. Rouge being more friendly with her wil be from avengers and her time on it along with wolverine who interacts a lot with them. But I do not think he is friendly with her. Mutantkind as a whole though yh wanda has some serious attonning to do.
    Agreed but about Hank I think this is a relatively recent development for Beast before he was actually one of the most moral X-men but I agree his actitude has just gone from bad to worse.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-24-2021 at 10:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Lightbulb

Ohk so question can wanda actually reverse decimation?
    As of right now NO sadly, however Wanda did have the power to do so back in Children's Crusade and she desired to do so whole in Restoring Mutants like she did with Rictor, to restore all mutants. It shows the differences between an OOC Wanda being written as a plot element by a writer like Bendis who did not care for her, campared to her character when she is left to be closer to herself written better.

Heck she even said too she was willing to pay for what happen even if all the HoM and Dissemble events where done threw madness and possession in the same story too, she was try to atone for as much as she could.

If it was not for Marvel still being afraid to have more mutants, keeping it to a craw threw the Marvel NOW era +, then a story would have likely easily flown from that showing this happening, however Marvel just make it Avengers vs. X-Men 0.5 for stupid reasons to keep Wanda from restoring more mutants.

Ikr and jean still paid for it. I love wanda a lot infact I stan her but in this she did wrong by the mutants and even she knows it the only people who can't seem to grasp that are some portion of her stans that want to invalidate the experience and trauma that house of M caused the mutants.
    I mean seriously she committed the biggest crime vs mutants like #1 by a landslide and people are just like "oh just forgive her" I mean it is just so insulting to the story and it's impact on mutants.

There really doesn't need to be this reconnection between the two sides Wanda is fine and happy being an Avenger and the Mutants are more than happy to not have her around

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I mean seriously she committed the biggest crime vs mutants like #1 by a landslide and people are just like "oh just forgive her" I mean it is just so insulting to the story and it's impact on mutants.

There really doesn't need to be this reconnection between the two sides Wanda is fine and happy being an Avenger and the Mutants are more than happy to not have her around
    I mean, Cyclops being viewed as evil and a symbol to create the Uncanny Avengers is just as silly as the X-Men making weird cultural concepts with Wanda. There really isn't a reason to keep these views and it limits possible stories for when the X-Men and Avengers meet. For supposedly being a new era that moves on from decimation themes, Wanda seems to be the one thing being held back. I thought we all wanted to move on from the past 10ish years?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Is Wanda currently in any books besides cameoing in Strange Academy? I pretty much only read the X-Line, and Strange Academy right now from my LCBS. I'm reading Immortal Hulk and Avengers but I read both of those on Marvel Unlimited so I'm like 3 or 4 months behind whatever the deal is on that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Is Wanda currently in any books besides cameoing in Strange Academy? I pretty much only read the X-Line, and Strange Academy right now from my LCBS. I'm reading Immortal Hulk and Avengers but I read both of those on Marvel Unlimited so I'm like 3 or 4 months behind whatever the deal is on that.
    Sadly outside of Strange Academy No not yet, but she will be in the book Series Darkhold Alpha Coming out this Year!

Their is also hope with the recently Major Success of WandaVision Marvel might give Wanda more of a push in other comics, that is the hope.

Astonishing Member

Right now the X-Books are giving Wanda more signal boost than the mainline and, regardless of opinions of Wanda, that’s just dumb on Marvel’s part

We really should just set up a dedicated Wanda threat at this point

Maybe like three of them...until she tells them about her Genoshan mass desecration that is.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

Honestly besides Uncanny Avengers Wanda has always been on the opposing side to the X-Men.
    Firstly with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and then the Avengers, her brother Quicksilver has been on a few X teams but has mainly featured in the pages of the Avengers.
    I really hope Hickman addresses Wandas "no more mutants" moment and I hope it is epic involving all of the X titles, the Avengers, Strange Academy etc.
    It deserves to be epic and hopefully finishes with Wanda and Pietro back as mutants and the children of Magneto as well as with Wanda back on the Avengers roster.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-25-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I still like the idea of telepathically linking her to someone who has suffered profoundly after M-Day (like Chamber) so she can feel what they did.
    My flag is bacon.