Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I still like the idea of telepathically linking her to someone who has suffered profoundly after M-Day (like Chamber) so she can feel what they did.
    Or maybe Amaras unfortunate BF
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I mean, Cyclops being viewed as evil and a symbol to create the Uncanny Avengers is just as silly as the X-Men making weird cultural concepts with Wanda. There really isn't a reason to keep these views and it limits possible stories for when the X-Men and Avengers meet. For supposedly being a new era that moves on from decimation themes, Wanda seems to be the one thing being held back. I thought we all wanted to move on from the past 10ish years?
    I never viwed cyclops as evil maybe his tactics were dumb but he wasn't actually wrong. It might be cruel but his point about mutant kids being taught how to fight was right. His problem was letting them go to the battlefield. Also on the avengers I wanna ask a question do they go out if their way to fight for mutant issues? Because how I see them is this a priviledged someone who doesn't hate minorities but won't go out of their way to help them. I mean did you see their reaction to decimation it was soo apathetic, so void of emotion it was even funny. I don't particularly care for their interactions they being in a larger universe demands they would meet from time to time. But now it's not relevant I also currently find the avenger stories to be boring and cliche all their stories are being recycled. But the x-men side of things is just generally better and fresh the concepts are unlike anything in marvel of dare I say comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Right now the X-Books are giving Wanda more signal boost than the mainline and, regardless of opinions of Wanda, that’s just dumb on Marvel’s part

We really should just set up a dedicated Wanda threat at this point
    Why is it dumb on marvel's part.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Yeah ! They are characters that sexualided for their personalities. Like Emma or Daken they like to be sexy and show their bodies.

But Rogue? she never was a Boob window user.
    IIRC, the idea of that costume was she had gotten control of her powers so she felt comfortable exposing skin....well the idea or excuse

As others have said it seems to vary on writers, as does Wanda's portrayal....

Hickman, especially from X-Men:Empyre seems to portray her as a failure not willing to take responsibility for her actions...he has Doctor Strange state that out right.....of course in Strange Academy, Strange has no problems with her and Magneto wants to get togeteher for lunch....and Magik, who's one of the more blood thristy of chracters hasn't done anything about her there.

Given WandaVision and Dr. Strange 2...I'm assuming the upcoming story is going to straiten things out on all this....A high profile mainstream character can't be all wonky in case someone picks up a comic book to try.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

I mean, Cyclops being viewed as evil and a symbol to create the Uncanny Avengers is just as silly as the X-Men making weird cultural concepts with Wanda. There really isn't a reason to keep these views and it limits possible stories for when the X-Men and Avengers meet. For supposedly being a new era that moves on from decimation themes, Wanda seems to be the one thing being held back. I thought we all wanted to move on from the past 10ish years?
    Moving on doesn't mean acting like it didn't happen. There is no reason why mutants and X-men need to be friends with Wanda at all. They don't need to talk to her they don't need to be around her and if people who suffered at her hands don't want to forgive her that should be permitted.

This idea that the situation has to be resolved to the level that mutants are like "Hey auntie Wanda how are you today. Didn't take away any of our powers today did you hahahaha" is just not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Huh, I guess that's it then her insanity makes it ohk then. What she did is ohk because she is insane. Jean went mad too but that didn't save her from execution she and her entire family were killed for something the phoenix did. But go off, though.
    Wasn’t trying to sound angry or mean for that I apologize. I should have said it this way. I do think what Wanda did was atrocious and should answer for them, though you will have people who say she was possessed as a reason to not go on trial. Though I do hope this a “trial by combat” like others have alluded to in this thread in that Wanda does an epic battle against a foe to protect Krakoa. Really it’s better to end this long standing Wanda v Mutants in a way that makes her accountable and able to truly learn from her actions and gives her victims, not all will feel this way but a majority, the justice they have been denied as many have mentioned before.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 04-25-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Moving on doesn't mean acting like it didn't happen. There is no reason why mutants and X-men need to be friends with Wanda at all. They don't need to talk to her they don't need to be around her and if people who suffered at her hands don't want to forgive her that should be permitted.

This idea that the situation has to be resolved to the level that mutants are like "Hey auntie Wanda how are you today. Didn't take away any of our powers today did you hahahaha" is just not needed.
    The X-Men and mutants don't need to necessarily forgive or forget what she did. They also don't need to be her friend. I'm honestly not sure where any of this came from considering my post. That all seems a bit much. What would be nice however, is the X-Men moving forward in a way that Wanda isn't needlessly mentioned or denigrated on a constant basis. They can still view her action for what it is, but calling her "the pretender" and assimilating her misdoing into mutant culture for younger generations seems a bit much and unhealthy. I'm not sure what's gained from that honestly.

I also realize that the X-Men aren't actively participating in these activities, but it feels quite excessive in the books during an era that's supposedly a fresh start. Then again, this probably is leading to a huge plot point that finally relieves Wanda from her "status" in the current X-books. The only thing that seems to be sprouting from this currently, is the fans' affirmation that Wanda is the "devil" and that the Avengers should stay in their own lane.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I never viwed cyclops as evil maybe his tactics were dumb but he wasn't actually wrong. It might be cruel but his point about mutant kids being taught how to fight was right. His problem was letting them go to the battlefield. Also on the avengers I wanna ask a question do they go out if their way to fight for mutant issues? Because how I see them is this a priviledged someone who doesn't hate minorities but won't go out of their way to help them. I mean did you see their reaction to decimation it was soo apathetic, so void of emotion it was even funny. I don't particularly care for their interactions they being in a larger universe demands they would meet from time to time. But now it's not relevant I also currently find the avenger stories to be boring and cliche all their stories are being recycled. But the x-men side of things is just generally better and fresh the concepts are unlike anything in marvel of dare I say comics.
    I agree with you on your viewpoint with Cyclops not being evil. That's also partly the reason that I feel that the situation with Wanda is excessive. Hopefully, the end goal is to deal with this plot point once and for all.

As for your question, it seems like the Avengers haven't done as much as they should, and I understand that point of view. That being said, I'm not sure I can chalk it up entirely to the Avengers being "privileged" or with poor writing and a lack of communication between the offices. As of now, it feels like they are pointlessly and continuously at each others throats. To what benefit? Well, I guess that depends entirely on how one views their dynamics. That being said, it would be nice if the offices moved forward with the characters in a way that benefits both sides instead of just one. It's odd to read an Avengers book and the X-Men are jerks, only for you to read the X-Men and the Avengers are jerks.

Perhaps the Gala will be the start for improvement, but as of now the different teams being at each others' throats is starting to feel over played at this point. At least for me.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-25-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The X-Men and mutants don't need to necessarily forgive or forget what she did. They also don't need to be her friend. I'm honestly not sure where any of this came from considering my post. That all seems a bit much. What would be nice however, is the X-Men moving forward in a way that Wanda isn't needlessly mentioned or denigrated on a constant basis. They can still view her action for what it is, but calling her "the pretender" and assimilating her misdoing into mutant culture for younger generations seems a bit much and unhealthy. I'm not sure what's gained from that honestly.

I also realize that the X-Men aren't actively participating in these activities, but it feels quite excessive in the books during an era that's supposedly a fresh start. Then again, this probably is leading to a huge plot point that finally relieves Wanda from her "status" in the current X-books. The only thing that seems to be sprouting from this, is the fans' affirmation that Wanda is the "devil" and that the Avengers should stay in their own lane.

I agree with you on your viewpoint with Cyclops being evil, at least for the most part. That's also partly the reason that I feel that the situation with Wanda is excessive. Hopefully, the end goal is to deal with this plot point once and for all.
    Excessive? They have really only brought her up in 4 books

X-men 7 where they talk about the Crucible and someone who directly lost their powers because of her and Exodus preaching

Sword 1 where the diplomatic implications of her being Teddy's mother in law could affect Krakoa and Kree/Skrull relations

Way of X 1 Where the kids are making Wanda jokes and Exodus preaching again

Empyre Where she directly brought back mutant zombies.

Those are the major mentions of her from off the top of my head. The data pages that list her crimes I don't really count that.

Spectacular Member

I think that what Strange said in the Empyre X-men mini tells what it is that Wanda just needs: to make a big splash for the sake of the mutants. she just went about this in a wrong/dumb way in that book but the idea is right I believe. Wanda just needs to play a big role in helping out a lot of the mutants in some sort of event, putting her life in the line, maybe even dying for it, kinda like with Jean's case. as others already said, the problem is more on Wanda seemingly not facing much repercussions for her actions that probably pisses off the mutants and just expecting them to accept her cause it was just an accident or she got tricked. do you think if Magneto killed a **** ton of mutants because he was an emotional wreck and someone suggested it to him, that the mutants would have just accepted him when he felt bad for it afterwards?

Incredible Member

i think the empyre example is interesting for wanda in relation to decimation as a whole. wanda uses her powers recklessly in empye in order to restore all the mutants who died at genosha, not knowing they were currently bringing them back to life on krakoa, and instead creates a zombie army of mutants. initially this seems bad until you realize if that had not been done the cotati would have landed in genosha, met no resistance and would have probably overwhelmed the forces in wakanda and killed every non-plant living thing on the planet.
    compare this to m day where only about 200 mutants are left with there powers while the rest are left human or dead due to the loss. horrible tragedy that's nearly impossible to get over, but what if it didn't happen.
    if m day doesn't occur hope summers doesn't need to become the mutant messiah and would either still be a baby right now or might not exist at all. if she's not around the five cant exist as she is the great unifier who makes their power work together and genosha could never be undone.
    two instances of wanda seemingly screwing up only to have actually benefitted the situation as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Maybe like three of them...until she tells them about her Genoshan mass desecration that is.
    Her actions in Empyre X-Men very much do need to come up next time she interacts with certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    I think that what Strange said in the Empyre X-men mini tells what it is that Wanda just needs: to make a big splash for the sake of the mutants. she just went about this in a wrong/dumb way in that book but the idea is right I believe. Wanda just needs to play a big role in helping out a lot of the mutants in some sort of event, putting her life in the line, maybe even dying for it, kinda like with Jean's case. as others already said, the problem is more on Wanda seemingly not facing much repercussions for her actions that probably pisses off the mutants and just expecting them to accept her cause it was just an accident or she got tricked. do you think if Magneto killed a **** ton of mutants because he was an emotional wreck and someone suggested it to him, that the mutants would have just accepted him when he felt bad for it afterwards?
    That whole mess in Empyre was a great lesson as to why you should communicate with the people you’re trying to help instead assuming you know best. Imagine if those zombies had actually gotten onto the island...

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    …not knowing they were currently bringing them back to life on krakoa…
    Honestly, it’s something easy to assume… it’s not like it happens every day.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I just hope going forward Wanda picks energy & decides to keep it. Uncanny Avengers she was fed up & no longer gave AF about mutant opinions. But then Empyre had her being all sad & remorseful I preferred when she didn't give AF Empyre seemed like regression, also if their is to be a trial I feel the Wanda who doesn't give AF would be more fun!

Unhappy

AD/HoM and Empire X-Men are just examples of Marvel losing who the character was and not caring about her canon.

I don't think it's gonna get any better. She's apparently a magic novice again who doesn't know what magic objects do. Just like they turned her suddenly baby crazy. Having her have to be put in place by a man (Strange) and treated like a child both times.

I wonder what their next trope will be. It likely won't be true redemption. They already tried that and failed at it. So they need to just keep her away from mutants if all they are gonna do is antagonize the situation.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.