Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Wandas motives were self centred. So it was never going to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Selene succeeded. And several kept their lives when she lost control of them
    So she didn't succeded

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So she didn't succeded
    She did succeed. Several mutants lived post Necrosha. They were dead she resurrected them and they lived on after

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I have not read the story but it looks like Strange once brought back a city of people that were killed by Hulk? So the rules of magic in the marvel universe need to be more clear imo.
    Magic has been very consistent on Marvel Universe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I thought Selene killed them all to become a godness? before she was defeated?

I don´t think Wanda´s intentions messed with the spell and it was implied in the story part of the reason it didn´t work out was because some Genosha mutants already were brought back on Krakoa so only their bodys came back as zombis with Wanda´s spell.

But I think they need to explain how magic works in marvel instead of making up rules with different magic user as well as put some rules.

Dr Strange and Wanda or Loki make incredibly powerful spells in some stories only to be unable to do much on another story and even chaos magic has been put in question by Dr Strange himself despite the fact he used it in some older issues. Sometimes there´s a cost for using magic and sometimes there´s is no cost.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-25-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I don´t think Wanda´s intentions messed with the spell and it was implied in the story part of the reason it didn´t work out was because some Genosha mutants already were brought back on Krakoa so only their bodys came back as zombis with Wanda´s spell.

But I think they need to explain how magic works in marvel instead of making up rules with different magic user as well as put some rules.
    A few lived on Pyro version 1 example. She didn't get to consume every ones soul.

Wanda wanted to make herself feel better. It's always about her. She practically deleted the xgene from
    15 million corpses which is desecration of 15 million graves

ok, I didn´t remember Necrosha well.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Dr Strange and Wanda or Loki make incredibly powerful spells in some stories only to be unable to do much on another story and even chaos magic has been put in question by Dr Strange himself despite the fact he used it in some older issues. Sometimes there´s a cost for using magic and sometimes there´s is no cost.
    The reason that didn't worked was that they cant be brought to live by a spell. Even on krakoa it can exist duplicates, so it has zero to do with then being all ressurrected. I doubt they were all brough back already

No they were not all brought back on Krakoa and still it would be interesting to know the difference between what Dr Strange did to bring back the people in Las Vegas and what Wanda did.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-25-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It seemed like Children's Crusade was gonna start that, but this all was heavily mandated. Top brass is not gonna let something like that be done.
    While I love the Young Avengers, Children's Crusade is a mess. So many OOC moments across the board. Wolverine spends the ENTIRE event talking about killing Billy, Scott sounds like he literally wants to burn her at the stake, Wanda simultaneously wants to take responsibility but is also like "and btw I went to Doom without telling anyone and didn't expect things to go south," and the list goes on and on. What's sad is that they got EXTREMELY close to reversing M-Day but because everyone was acting irrationally (a.k.a. they needed a plot for AvX) it got ruined.

What would have been interesting if Wandas spell worked in Empyre and Chython claimed all the resurrected souls preventing the X-men from resurrecting those dead mutants in Genosha

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I feel as though Wanda's story is being held up by the MCU. It feels like they are waiting for approval to execute what it is going to do so its not too far from the MCU's plans so as not to further confuse casuals.
    I don't think so at all. If anything the MCU success not leading to anything in comics means they just operate on different terms. They just don't want her in much.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While I love the Young Avengers, Children's Crusade is a mess. So many OOC moments across the board. Wolverine spends the ENTIRE event talking about killing Billy, Scott sounds like he literally wants to burn her at the stake, Wanda simultaneously wants to take responsibility but is also like "and btw I went to Doom without telling anyone and didn't expect things to go south," and the list goes on and on. What's sad is that they got EXTREMELY close to reversing M-Day but because everyone was acting irrationally (a.k.a. they needed a plot for AvX) it got ruined.
    Children's Crusade was basically written on rails to lead to AvX. Even if it wasn't meant to be from the start, it appeared very clear near the end that it had to lead into AvX #0.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mutants To Wanda be like!

Literally HER and that is what toxic abusive people do they will deflect onto you as hard as the can, point the finger, ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ throw them off the trail you'll get yours eventually!!

Anyone know this quote?
    Last edited by Journey; 04-25-2021 at 02:30 PM.

This is why I think the resurrection process interfered with Wanda's spell. She is not a novice and has the experience and the know how to bring back the dead. It is like if Dr Strange or Magik cast this spell, we would not assume they were novices but that something else happened instead.

The only rule I follow for magic in comics is that anything can be done as long as the appropriate cost is paid. The Mystic Arcana series made a good attempt at explaining magic in the marvel universe, highly recommend people read this if they are interested in magic.

If we think about people who have been brought back using magic, there is Morgan Le Fay and Annabelle Riggs in Fearless Defenders or Selene and Madelyne in X-Men. It is simply a matter of being frowned upon.