Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I got it this past week, and so far I've only read the prologue issues, "Point Blank." I like it a lot so far. It's exactly what I look for in comics. Something a little more toned down, so that the bigger events are more punctuated.

I bought the book completely blind, off recommendations from this forum only. Didn't read a synopsis or the amazon page. I didn't know it was connected to the Wildstorm universe. I only read bits and pieces of Wildstorm in the 90s, never really caught on with me. I'm very patchy with Wild C.A.T.S and am only aware of The Authority, but I'm fine reading the book as an isolated experience.

Can't wait to get into the meat of the book.
    Sleeper can easily be read isolated from Wildstorm universe. I hope you'll enjoy the rest!
    Edit: if you haven't checked out the Wildstorm stuff by Ellis, you should! His Stormwatch, Authority and Planetary are 3 of the most critically acclaimed comics of their time and some even say that it started the second half of the modern age
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 05-10-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Sleeper can easily be read isolated from Wildstorm universe. I hope you'll enjoy the rest!
    Edit: if you haven't checked out the Wildstorm stuff by Ellis, you should! His Stormwatch, Authority and Planetary are 3 of the most critically acclaimed comics of their time and some even say that it started the second half of the modern age
    I've seen the Planetary Omnibus around and have been tempted. If it's around in a month or two when there is room in the budget I'll totally look into it. The others I'll have to look up the collected editions. Not sure if I've seen them.

This forum is going to put me in the poor house. This past week I got Sleeper, Criminal 1 and 2, Incognito, Fear Agent 1 and 2 and some Wolverine stuff I've missed out on thanks to recommendations from here. Except for my pre-orders my may budget is blown. I JUST JOINED 'CAUSE I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT SPIDER-MAN DAMMIT!

BANNED

Queen And Country is awesome. It's the only real spy comic I read at the moment. It's not James Bond spy stories either, more like Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum. It ups the ante on authenticity and believability a bit.

Sleeper looks pretty cool, I'm going to have to check that out.

Fantastic Member

Cannon by Wallace Wood. It's like James Bond but without censoring or any restrictions. It was first serialized in a magazine for soldiers overseas so it has gratuitous topless women and suggestive scenarios. It's great.

I've seen the Planetary Omnibus around and have been tempted. If it's around in a month or two when there is room in the budget I'll totally look into it. The others I'll have to look up the collected editions. Not sure if I've seen them.

This forum is going to put me in the poor house. This past week I got Sleeper, Criminal 1 and 2, Incognito, Fear Agent 1 and 2 and some Wolverine stuff I've missed out on thanks to recommendations from here. Except for my pre-orders my may budget is blown. I JUST JOINED 'CAUSE I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT SPIDER-MAN DAMMIT!
    I think you'd also enjoy Casey's Wildcats run.
    BB

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Ha I know the feeling. But it's why I even checked Sleeper in the first place, so I guess I should thank the forum for that
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Queen And Country is awesome. It's the only real spy comic I read at the moment. It's not James Bond spy stories either, more like Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum. It ups the ante on authenticity and believability a bit.

Sleeper looks pretty cool, I'm going to have to check that out.
    I can thoroughly recommend the two Whiteout mini-series, of which Queen and Country is a spin-off. Sort of a spy fiction/police procedural/noir cross, set in Antarctica. Both have been collected.

So what was your final verdict on Sleeper? did you finish it yet?

All-New Member

Another vote here for Super Spy by Matt Kindt

Sleeper is fantastic, I had the two trades collecting both seasons before upgrading to the Omnibus which also collects the Point Blank mini. Easiest reccomendation in the world.

Queen & Country is really good, I've read the trades my local library has so read it out of order and with a couple of volumes missing but it was still a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So what was your final verdict on Sleeper? did you finish it yet?
    I thought it was great. Loved the art, the story and the pacing. It made me want to go back and read Wildcats.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.