Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Mortal Kombat movie

Could the bad guy team or the good guy team last a minute against any of the standard superhero teams such as:

Classic Avengers, JLA, Guardians of the Globe? Certainly not against the Z fighters. Teen Titans? Maybe Teen Titans Go - haha.

Unimpressed.

well the answer to the first three is a resounding hell no given even a glancing blow from any of the heavy hitters will splat them, doubt they have much better luck against the Titans heavy hitters either

Going from that movie alone, I'm pretty sure the BatFamily or some iterations of the Ninja Turtles could beat the heroes. Even getting maybe just a few members of Team Cap from the Civil War movie.

The bad guys were a bit more liberal in their use of powers, and some of them were killed thanks to the environment, but hey, Batman just needs a penny for a book of matches.

TV-wise, Crazy Jane of the Doom Patrol could potentially solo them (among other things, she can simply girl the word "Fatality" at them over and over again), or Negative Spirit if the rest of the Doom Patrol protects Larry's body.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-25-2021 at 01:32 AM.

They'd kill the defenders, the cast of Falcon Wintersoldier, the Birds of Prey, and the Succide squad.

They aren't top tier but they are still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    They'd kill the defenders, the cast of Falcon Wintersoldier, the Birds of Prey, and the Succide squad.

There's no way they'd kill the Defenders.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There's no way they'd kill the Defenders.
    They'd murder the defenders live action. All my picks are the movie/live action versions, which is what I figured we'd be discussing given the we were talking about the Mortal Kombat movie.

They'd murder the defenders live action. All my picks are the movie/live action versions, which is what I figured we'd be discussing given the we were talking about the Mortal Kombat movie.
    What feats do they have for this, because I'm also talking about live-action. Bear in mind I've seen the new movie as well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"They weren't even super soldiers "
    -- John Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What feats do they have for this, because I'm also talking about live-action. Bear in mind I've seen the new movie as well.
    three fourths of the Defenders would have absolutely no defense against the projectile power characters like Liu Kang and I don't know how well Luke Cage could defend against them either, Sonya's blast could vaporize a large hole clean through a person, Liu's fire dragon would completely negate his durability by scorching his lungs and internals, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    three fourths of the Defenders would have absolutely no defense against the projectile power characters like Liu Kang and I don't know how well Luke Cage could defend against them either, Sonya's blast could vaporize a large hole clean through a person, Liu's fire dragon would completely negate his durability by scorching his lungs and internals, etc
    The windup time on that alone means he's getting a Billy club through his face.

Arx Inosaan

Daredevil would be plenty susceptible to normal fireballs, and plenty of the other guys could put him down as well

Daredevil would be plenty susceptible to normal fireballs, and plenty of the other guys could put him down as well
    Unless I'm mistaken the speed differential is still such that he's getting the quickdraw, as would punchy mc bad choreography.

Arx Inosaan

the problem is even if he does take down Liu to start out with (and frankly I don't see a frontal attack like that landing very often if ever given Liu's own skill, Daredevil may win the quickdraw but the club still has a travel time over starting distance) there's still plenty of other projectile users on both villain and hero sides. How's he or any of them really going to fight Sub Zero or Scorpion for that matter without ending up like Jax? None of them are fast enough to not get blitzed by Kabal, Kano is literally a think and fire a decently powerful eye laser deal(and has an impressive damage soak as well). Goro had rip a truck apart strength and couldn't do much of anything against Cole's plot armor, etc. Yeah neither team can last longer than the starting bell against the teams in the original post, but they had powers that should swing any fight against street levelers in the exact opposite direction.

Yeah Jax was stronger then Luke, Jessica got sent to the hospital from a stab wound, Liu Kang's fire would kill any of them. Sonya's and Kano's energy blast could kill anyone besides Luke, and even that would hurt him. Sub Zero could freeze them to death. Raiden can teleport people anywhere and could ring out any of them. Scorpion could godzilla kiss of death Luke. Over all the defenders are out gunned here.

Astonishing Member

Raiden can teleport people anywhere and could ring out any of them.
    Yeah even if Raiden was Uatu-like about not getting himself very involved and didn't brawl anyone, he's not at all supposed to be a pushover (he zapped Kano down even better than Liu Kang, knocking him out for a bit even when he didn't give a damn about him) and his line of sight lightning quick draws can dimensionally teleport/ring out across Earth or any number of realms Raiden knows (I assumed when Liu Kang talked about gathering Jax's prosthetics across realms it wasn't him or the other monks who allowed the travelling).