Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

While I'm not against Batman characters in Truth and Justice, I think they should mix it more up, 3 Batman characters in a row seems really a little bit much.

jeez! Some of the comments of here! I'm looking forward to the Damian issue. It sounds fun and the very frankly wacky panel I've seen from the writer has me intrigued. A birthday + exploring his heritage. Neat.

DC needs more balanced titles but DC is a business not a free fanfic publisher. Batman sells and his sales are likely already subsidizing other low sellers [or they did until DC drastically culled their line]

A brave and the bold style title sounds like a fine way to give low sellers a shot while a heavy weights brings up sales

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    See, I've been arguing a new volume of Brave and the Bold is exactly what DC needs. Give that book a popular Bat character as its anchor (I'd argue Nightwing fits best) and have a rotating guest each issue. It'd sell and get people interested in other characters.

I want DC Comics Presents to be what this series looked like it was going to be, but alas, we've seen how long it takes before the Bats infest the book.
    Those two titles were my introduction for so many characters as a young reader years ago (Sgt. Rock, Kamandi, Scalphunter, Firestorm, the al Ghuls, Captain Comet, Man-Bat, Nemesis, the New Teen Titans (indirectly)...even the CB versions of the Joker and the original Teen Titans!) It was a wonderful way to get to know superheroes and supervillains that you didn't see often enough.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Sigh, who are these people who only get excited about Batman titles....Booster Gold, JSA, no way I'm buying that.

Batman, Black & White!!! Batman Urban Legends!!! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I'm so excited! I get to buy even more Batman!!!
    Or you know, some of us are interested in Batman and in other stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Or you know, some of us are interested in Batman and in other stuff as well.
    Me, too. It's probably more a lack of funds than anything else, IMO, as to why other titles don't get the love (as was the case when I was a kid during the Bronze Age).

I'm not reading those titles, and I have no desire to.

My point is that I'm sick of seeing DC Comics dominated by endless Batman titles when they have so many cool heroes in the DCU.

If it's come to the point that only Batman sells, than DC should just pack it in.
    Why does it matter to you how many Batman books there are if you don't read them?

Sigh, who are these people who only get excited about Batman titles....Booster Gold, JSA, no way I'm buying that.

Batman, Black & White!!! Batman Urban Legends!!! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I'm so excited! I get to buy even more Batman!!!
    I'll raise my hand. I mean I like other superheroes besides Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman especially, but I just never clicked with the JSA outside of the WWII setting.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Those two titles were my introduction for so many characters as a young reader years ago (Sgt. Rock, Kamandi, Scalphunter, Firestorm, the al Ghuls, Captain Comet, Man-Bat, Nemesis, the New Teen Titans (indirectly)...even the CB versions of the Joker and the original Teen Titans!) It was a wonderful way to get to know superheroes and supervillains that you didn't see often enough.
    DC Comics Presents introduced me to Santa!

Okay, not really, but that's gotta be true for someone. I love those books, and I think they're the first place I saw The Metal Men who I adore, problematic elements and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why does it matter to you how many Batman books there are if you don't read them?
    Because there are a limited amount of titles that DC will publish, so every Batman book crowds out the possibility of another interesting hero getting a title (Zatanna, Captain Marvel, Booster Gold, Atom, pick your hero)

I quite like Batman, but I just don't think any superhero should be starring in more than 2 titles.

Anyways I was just letting of some steam, I'm good now....I realize it comes down to sales.

Because there are a limited amount of titles that DC will publish, so every Batman book crowds out the possibility of another interesting hero getting a title (Zatanna, Captain Marvel, Booster Gold, Atom, pick your hero)

I quite like Batman, but I just don't think any superhero should be starring in more than 2 titles.

Anyways I was just letting of some steam, I'm good now....I realize it comes down to sales.
    There's still other DC books that don't feature Batman. Plus there's Marvel and Dark Horse and IDW and others.

Eh, it's cool. Internet's a great place to vent steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There's still other DC books that don't feature Batman. Plus there's Marvel and Dark Horse and IDW and others.

Eh, it's cool. Internet's a great place to vent steam.
    I'm primarily a DC guy, so Marvel and Dark Horse are not the same for me.

I've watched the DC selection of titles grow smaller and smaller over the years, while Batman will still have 8 or 9 related titles.

I think there should always be 2 Batman titles being published, but how about instead of creating a 3rd and 4th Batman title, letting another hero have a go.

I'm not a fan of Firestorm, but I would rather they give him a title than say Batman Urban Legends ect.

Anyways it's all good now, I said what I came to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    DC Comics Presents introduced me to Santa!

Okay, not really, but that's gotta be true for someone. I love those books, and I think they're the first place I saw The Metal Men who I adore, problematic elements and all.
    It wasn't my first (their own comic was in '76 was - first time seeing Eclipso, too), but I read the Bats-Metal Men teamup the year later.

Extraordinary Member

I've watched the DC selection of titles grow smaller and smaller over the years, while Batman will still have 8 or 9 related titles.

I think there should always be 2 Batman titles being published, but how about instead of creating a 3rd and 4th Batman title, letting another hero have a go.

I'm not a fan of Firestorm, but I would rather they give him a title than say Batman Urban Legends ect.
    Alot of these titles like "Batman Urban Legends" don't feature Batman but his supporting characters. And if you look how popular these characters are, replacing their books with books for less popular not Batman related characters is probably not the smartest thing that DC could do.

Phew.....#7 is starring Zatanna!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Phew.....#7 is starring Zatanna!
    Hoorray, they finally remember that there are other characters besides the ones from the bat-universe. Sadly I'm sure that after Zatanna they'll bring Batman or another bat character again.