AA6A0D78-A283-44DD-B136-DB3489A36F72.jpg

Has this been released yet?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Has this been released yet?
    Last Wedneday

BANNED

Default Women of Marvel 2021:Lady DS, Emma, Raven, Rogue, and BlackBox’s daughter?!

517D6E14-101B-4807-8B7B-6AB79BD3E3EB.jpg Lady DS is into nail art

1EB66F91-3750-40C2-A339-8AAC454D5EF2.jpg Emma is actually a lazy slob , at least among baseline humans LOL

C7CBD422-A9DD-4155-BD66-F53933A90386.jpg when was this in the timeline of 616?!

BANNED

09AFAD1A-5393-4910-86F5-BD4273007977.jpg did this happen after Rogue joined the XMen but before Mystique and The Brotherhood were hired as Freedom Force ?!

F3E0DD6F-A977-4105-8547-DD63DFDCEA9F.jpg something between Scott and Jean that would have been cute , if you can pretend that she isnt currently two-timing him behind his back with Wolverine

268ABFDB-D27B-4BD5-9D09-A461AFC1408F.jpg meanwhile Misty Knight gets involved in mutant affairs
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 04-24-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Roulette and ????? are Mean Girls , while SharkGirl and Marrow are BFF’s
    121D29BA-5AAE-43ED-9809-EC931363E2A8.jpg
    AA6A0D78-A283-44DD-B136-DB3489A36F72.jpg
    Who is that girl next to Roulette

BANNED

I loved the Feral/Marrow story. Feral is such a sweetie psycho.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Loved the feral/Marrow story and art. Roulette cameo... ❤️❤️❤️

Astonishing Member

As far as sale pitches for talents and characters go, i don't think this one was particular great. It's not terrible per se, but nothing really felt special or impressive either (the one-page stories felt downright pointless to me). Which isn't good when the entire point of making this book is supposed to covince reader of the quality of the female writers and artist Marvel has now.

As for the X-men related story.
    The Mystique/Rogue one was cute but pointless. Though it also reminds me to those tie-in comics they used to do for cartoons by Marvel or DC. I would actualy like to see the cartoon this story could be part of.

The Marrow/Feral one felt a bit rushed and aimless. Like half the story was just pannels of them fighting and then they become friends. The reader doesn't even learn what ever they are supposed to be heros or villains or what to look forward to now that they seem to have become room mates.

This is a story that's only for either Marrow and/or Feral friends and these are pretty short in supply. For any newcommer or people who don't care about these characters, it's likely just confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I loved the Feral/Marrow story. Feral is such a sweetie psycho.
    I have the feeling Campbell wanted to write a story in which the two just joined the Xavier institute, hence the whole "room mates" thing, but instead felt it would look better to set it in the current continuity.

Feral acts quite different than how she did before she died and Marrow acts and talks much more teeanger like than in the past 20 years (though her wildly different depictions over the years does make it difficult to pinpoint her personality).

The fact that Marrow somehow doesn't know that Feral was a Morlock is quite odd too, given that she was close to her sister Thornn.

Though before i leave this only with complaints here is what i liked.

Feral's design was great. Plays well into her feline nature. Getting rid of the flat hairstyle in favor of a mane like star shape was a good move.

The artist obviously seems to have taken Si Spurrier's X-force as basis for how she depicts Marrow both in terms of costume (the weird headband returns too) and what her powers can do. I wish the artist in the upcomming Man-Thing oneshot would have gone with this style.

Marrow and Shark Girl are on "human name" basis it seems. I relunctantly want to see Dark Riders book now, though i would replace Mammomax with Mellencamp from the Acolytes (sorry Mammomax fans).

Considering this is "headbutts a plane" Marrow, it's still a good showcase for Feral that she could hold her own against her despite ending up in worse shape (doesn't Feral have a healing factor too, or just accelerated recovery?).
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-25-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As far as sale pitches for talents and characters go, i don't think this one was particular great. It's not terrible per se, but nothing really felt special or impressive either (the one-page stories felt downright pointless to me). Which isn't good when the entire point of making this book is supposed to covince reader of the quality of the female writers and artist Marvel has now.

As for the X-men related story.
    The Mystique/Rogue one was cute but pointless. Though it also reminds me to those tie-in comics they used to do for cartoons by Marvel or DC. I would actualy like to see the cartoon this story could be part of.

The Marrow/Feral one felt a bit rushed and aimless. Like half the story was just pannels of them fighting and then they become friends. The reader doesn't even learn what ever they are supposed to be heros or villains or what to look forward to now that they seem to have become room mates.

This is a story that's only for either Marrow and/or Feral friends and these are pretty short in supply. For any newcommer or people who don't care about these characters, it's likely just confusing.

I have the feeling Campbell wanted to write a story in which the two just joined the Xavier institute, hence the whole "room mates" thing, but instead felt it would look better to set it in the current continuity.

Feral acts quite different than how she did before she died and Marrow acts and talks much more teeanger like than in the past 20 years (though her wildly different depictions over the years does make it difficult to pinpoint her personality).

The fact that Marrow somehow doesn't know that Feral was a Morlock is quite odd too, given that she was close to her sister Thornn.

Though before i leave this only with complaints here is what i liked.

Feral's design was great. Plays well into her feline nature. Getting rid of the flat hairstyle in favor of a mane like star shape was a good move.

The artist obviously seems to have taken Si Spurrier's X-force as basis for how she depicts Marrow both in terms of costume (the weird headband returns too) and what her powers can do. I wish the artist in the upcomming Man-Thing oneshot would have gone with this style.

Marrow and Shark Girl are on "human name" basis it seems. I relunctantly want to see Dark Riders book now, though i would replace Mammomax with Mellencamp from the Acolytes (sorry Mammomax fans).

Considering this is "headbutts a plane" Marrow, it's still a good showcase for Feral that she could hold her own against her despite ending up in worse shape (doesn't Feral have a healing factor too, or just accelerated recovery?).
    A couple of things...

As we know, Marrow has other living arrangements available to her; and the Feral I remember would have had Roulette wearing a Glasgow Grin.
    My flag is bacon.