Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,967

    Red face Jishop: Jean Grey x Lucas Bishop (aka Bean) Appreciation 2021


    Finally, an appreciation thread for the most iconic X-relationship of the past decade!

    How long until we get this revisited on Krakoa?
    Last edited by H-E-D; 04-25-2021 at 11:22 AM.

  2. #2
    LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,192

    Default

    H-E-D, you absolute monster, you know Head of X and X-Editor are Cyclops shippers.

    And the virginal, in-continuity Jean Grey with a...bald...guy of all things? Absolutely never.

    Why do you torture us with things we cannot have?

    Anyway, Bean fan checking in and I am here to go to war with the foolish Jishop stans.
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

    How long until we get this revisited on Krakoa?
    Unfortunately, I supposed "never" is the answer here. Jean will be for all eternity stuck in a love triangle with Scott and Wolverine. Is there space for Bishop too?

    Let's face it, it is pop culture produced in the U.S. They are not there yet to be comfortable with a woman having a healthy sex life with several sex partners. Not gonna happen beyond the canonical corset of Wolverine and Cyclops...

  4. #4
    LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Unfortunately, I supposed "never" is the answer here. Jean will be for all eternity stuck in a love triangle with Scott and Wolverine. Is there space for Bishop too?

    Let's face it, it is pop culture produced in the U.S. They are not there yet to be comfortable with a woman having a healthy sex life with several sex partners. Not gonna happen beyond the canonical corset of Wolverine and Cyclops...
    And certainly not with a bald guy lololol
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And certainly not with a bald guy lololol
    Bishop is the sexiest man in 616.

    Not even fish stick man Namor can compete with this hunk.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

    THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

  6. #6
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10,092

    Default

    Liberal cishet caucasian women love their narcs.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  7. #7

    Default

    This will never happen, but I would read some crackfics about this.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Ah, I remember that time a rumor site kept hyping up this romance only for it to be literally a few panels and that's it lmao.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-25-2021 at 02:57 PM.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    The ship name is Bean. Where is the user Phoenix Studies when we need him the most? Back during Age of X-man he posted almost every panel Bishop and Jean ever shared.

    Bishop and Jean go way back to the first X-Men Gold team, and they’d make a great couple except for that messy thing with Hope.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 04-25-2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Ps I’m not a fan of ships or romance in general but I love both Jean and Bishop.

  10. #10
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    I considered Bean, but I felt that using a term that... wasn't a real word, would be better for recognizability! But I see the people have opinions.

  11. #11
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    519

    Default

    I thought people were shipping Bishop with Emma now, because of their chemistry in Marauders?

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Ah, I remember that time a rumor site kept hypign up this romance only for it to be literally a few panels and that's it lmao.
    Some of the usual suspects on this site who claim to always know what's coming swore up and down that this was the wave of the future. It was just a sad whimper though. I myself was not impacted one way or the other by these few panels.

  13. #13
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I thought people were shipping Bishop with Emma now, because of their chemistry in Marauders?
    What chemistry? him carrying her purse? LOL

    Bishop could be the guy that Jean really needs, well it wasnt mean to be

  14. #14
    Incredible Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    881

    Default

    While I love the thought of Bishop stealing the untouchable saint Jean Grey away from the only two men she'll ever be allowed to be involved with for the entire history of time, I think he can do better.

    It is damn time for them to give the only prominent black male X-Man a love interest. And it better not be Kate Pryde.

    I'd be down for Monet (as long as they've completely dismissed those early hints of them being related...) or Frenzy! He needs a powerhouse lady. Emma would be interesting as well, but again they're always going to connect her to Cyclops and Bishop doesn't need to be second fiddle to anyone.

  15. #15
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    While I love the thought of Bishop stealing the untouchable saint Jean Grey away from the only two men she'll ever be allowed to be involved with for the entire history of time, I think he can do better.

    It is damn time for them to give the only prominent black male X-Man a love interest. And it better not be Kate Pryde.

    I'd be down for Monet (as long as they've completely dismissed those early hints of them being related...) or Frenzy! He needs a powerhouse lady. Emma would be interesting as well, but again they're always going to connect her to Cyclops and Bishop doesn't need to be second fiddle to anyone.
    So you think Monet, Franzy and Emma are better than Jean Grey? LOL

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •