Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Red face Jishop: Jean Grey x Lucas Bishop (aka Bean) Appreciation 2021

Finally, an appreciation thread for the most iconic X-relationship of the past decade!

How long until we get this revisited on Krakoa?
    Last edited by H-E-D; 04-25-2021 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

H-E-D, you absolute monster, you know Head of X and X-Editor are Cyclops shippers.

And the virginal, in-continuity Jean Grey with a...bald...guy of all things? Absolutely never.

Why do you torture us with things we cannot have?

Anyway, Bean fan checking in and I am here to go to war with the foolish Jishop stans.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

How long until we get this revisited on Krakoa?
    Unfortunately, I supposed "never" is the answer here. Jean will be for all eternity stuck in a love triangle with Scott and Wolverine. Is there space for Bishop too?

Let's face it, it is pop culture produced in the U.S. They are not there yet to be comfortable with a woman having a healthy sex life with several sex partners. Not gonna happen beyond the canonical corset of Wolverine and Cyclops...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Unfortunately, I supposed "never" is the answer here. Jean will be for all eternity stuck in a love triangle with Scott and Wolverine. Is there space for Bishop too?

Let's face it, it is pop culture produced in the U.S. They are not there yet to be comfortable with a woman having a healthy sex life with several sex partners. Not gonna happen beyond the canonical corset of Wolverine and Cyclops...
    And certainly not with a bald guy lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And certainly not with a bald guy lololol
    Bishop is the sexiest man in 616.

Not even fish stick man Namor can compete with this hunk.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Liberal cishet caucasian women love their narcs.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This will never happen, but I would read some crackfics about this.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Ah, I remember that time a rumor site kept hyping up this romance only for it to be literally a few panels and that's it lmao.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-25-2021 at 02:57 PM.

The ship name is Bean. Where is the user Phoenix Studies when we need him the most? Back during Age of X-man he posted almost every panel Bishop and Jean ever shared.

Bishop and Jean go way back to the first X-Men Gold team, and they’d make a great couple except for that messy thing with Hope.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 04-25-2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Ps I’m not a fan of ships or romance in general but I love both Jean and Bishop.

I considered Bean, but I felt that using a term that... wasn't a real word, would be better for recognizability! But I see the people have opinions.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

I thought people were shipping Bishop with Emma now, because of their chemistry in Marauders?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Ah, I remember that time a rumor site kept hypign up this romance only for it to be literally a few panels and that's it lmao.
    Some of the usual suspects on this site who claim to always know what's coming swore up and down that this was the wave of the future. It was just a sad whimper though. I myself was not impacted one way or the other by these few panels.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I thought people were shipping Bishop with Emma now, because of their chemistry in Marauders?
    What chemistry? him carrying her purse? LOL

Bishop could be the guy that Jean really needs, well it wasnt mean to be

While I love the thought of Bishop stealing the untouchable saint Jean Grey away from the only two men she'll ever be allowed to be involved with for the entire history of time, I think he can do better.

It is damn time for them to give the only prominent black male X-Man a love interest. And it better not be Kate Pryde.

I'd be down for Monet (as long as they've completely dismissed those early hints of them being related...) or Frenzy! He needs a powerhouse lady. Emma would be interesting as well, but again they're always going to connect her to Cyclops and Bishop doesn't need to be second fiddle to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    While I love the thought of Bishop stealing the untouchable saint Jean Grey away from the only two men she'll ever be allowed to be involved with for the entire history of time, I think he can do better.

It is damn time for them to give the only prominent black male X-Man a love interest. And it better not be Kate Pryde.

I'd be down for Monet (as long as they've completely dismissed those early hints of them being related...) or Frenzy! He needs a powerhouse lady. Emma would be interesting as well, but again they're always going to connect her to Cyclops and Bishop doesn't need to be second fiddle to anyone.
    So you think Monet, Franzy and Emma are better than Jean Grey? LOL