Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    While I love the thought of Bishop stealing the untouchable saint Jean Grey away from the only two men she'll ever be allowed to be involved with for the entire history of time, I think he can do better.

It is damn time for them to give the only prominent black male X-Man a love interest. And it better not be Kate Pryde.

I'd be down for Monet (as long as they've completely dismissed those early hints of them being related...) or Frenzy! He needs a powerhouse lady. Emma would be interesting as well, but again they're always going to connect her to Cyclops and Bishop doesn't need to be second fiddle to anyone.
    Bisbop's not getting with Kate. We've progressed to where Kate can bang chicks now. I think they'll explore that for a while the next time they want to pair her with someone.

As for Bishop and Monet, is there a connect there? Could be cool.

In regards to Bean, I like it for the visual, and that it would be absolutely utterly new and that it can be used to stir the pot with the conservatives that are invested in Jean being untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So you think Monet, Franzy and Emma are better than Jean Grey? LOL
    I wasn’t really saying better like the quality of the characters. I meant Bishop deserves better than someone who’s heart will forever belong to someone else. (I said the same about Emma, actually.)

But also, Jean has always been boring AF because they never take any risks with her characterization. So even if I did think Monet, Frenzy, or. Emma were “better”, it’s still valid since it’s just an opinion.

I wasn’t really saying better like the quality of the characters. I meant Bishop deserves better than someone who’s heart will forever belong to someone else. (I said the same about Emma, actually.)

But also, Jean has always been boring AF because they never take any risks with her characterization. So even if I did think Monet, Frenzy, or. Emma were “better”, it’s still valid since it’s just an opinion.
    None of the women are close to Jean on being iconic and being a great person.
    And I mean is Bishop, he is a great chaarcter but not a A-list and the last thing that I want is saying that Jean isn't good enought for a male chaarcter, I had enough of that with Cyclops

Funny thing is that Frenzy is all saying that she still love Cyclops, that he is the man of her life hahaha

Fantastic Member

I thought this was really cute, although I can't tell how much of my reaction was in response to me wanting Jean as far away from Scott as possible. i do think this could be an interesting dynamic.

None of the women are close to Jean on being iconic and being a great person.
    And I mean is Bishop, he is a great chaarcter but not a A-list and the last thing that I want is saying that Jean isn't good enought for a male chaarcter, I had enough of that with Cyclops

Funny thing is that Frenzy is all saying that she still love Cyclops, that he is the man of her life hahaha
    Oh yeah? OMG Jean has all the Instagram followers. The rest could NEVER.

Really, it’s not a popularity contest for me. I quite liked the pairing of Jean and Bishop in an alternate universe, but in this one, she’s inextricably connected to Cyclops. Frenzy has an unrequited love for him and it’s completely different. There isn’t years and years or history... it was like one crossover event. I thought what happened with her “leftover” feelings for Scott was a fascinating development. The feelings she had and being celebrated as a hero pushed her to change. She can easily get past her feelings for Scott once she moves on. There’s no history.

So you think Monet, Franzy and Emma are better than Jean Grey? LOL
    Yes, yup, and of course

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yes, yup, and of course
    Ha! Seriously, why is it always the Jean Grey fans that are like this?? Jean Grey stans are the Taylor Swift Swifties (I think that’s what they’re called?) of the board.

It’s all good Jean Grey fans! We can all like different characters!!!

Ha! Seriously, why is it always the Jean Grey fans that are like this?? Jean Grey stans are the Taylor Swift Swifties (I think that’s what they’re called?) of the board.

Why even asks it? Jean grey is the only chaarcter that fans have to fight for her be alive

Oh yeah? OMG Jean has all the Instagram followers. The rest could NEVER.

Really, it’s not a popularity contest for me. I quite liked the pairing of Jean and Bishop in an alternate universe, but in this one, she’s inextricably connected to Cyclops. Frenzy has an unrequited love for him and it’s completely different. There isn’t years and years or history... it was like one crossover event. I thought what happened with her “leftover” feelings for Scott was a fascinating development. The feelings she had and being celebrated as a hero pushed her to change. She can easily get past her feelings for Scott once she moves on. There’s no history.
    Frenzy totally believe that there is years and years on Age of X universe. I will say that i think it is creepy, pathetic and sexist from writers to use a white man as a redemption for a black woman.

Jean will always be linked to Cyclops but she doesn't belong to him, there is plenty of reasons for her not being with him.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-25-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Just like Cyclops will never be with Frenzy as in Age of X, Bishop will never be with Jean.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Homie, there are only two people on the site who are like this.
    "Cable was right!"

I understand, and what better way for Jean to break out and make a decision about who she wants to love and be with. then to further that by having her start interacting and then discovering she has attraction to Bishop. This could culminate with Jean wanting to pursue a relationship with a man rocking alpha vibes, and is very intense. Let her get the "Kitty-Marauders" treatment.

Mighty Member

I do like the idea of Bishop and Jean, but like others said, Jean will end up going back to Cyclops/Wolverine, so why drag Bishop through that.

Not sure about him and Monet but I do like the idea of him and Frenzy. Rachel just popped into my mind too. They're both from the future, and she can be his Jean without the Cyclops/Wolverine baggage.

Every day a new boyfriend for Jean

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I understand, and what better way for Jean to break out and make a decision about who she wants to love and be with. then to further that by having her start interacting and then discovering she has attraction to Bishop. This could culminate with Jean wanting to pursue a relationship with a man rocking alpha vibes, and is very intense. Let her get the "Kitty-Marauders" treatment.
    I know what you mean, but that's a great story for Jean. For Bishop, I feel he'll eventually be worse for it when a writer comes in and puts her back with Cyclops. That's just how comics are. It's like when Lois Lane goes for another man... that relationship is not going to last.

The stuff in AOX was cringe and borderline rape. Not the best basis to build a relationship on