Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

The Doorway into Nightmare series remains near the tip top of my all time favorite covers, and Madame Xanadu one of my favorite characters. I enjoyed the 'maxi-series' a whole lot-- have even tried buying some of the original artwork, but it rapidly rises WAY out of my price-reach each time, alas. Never picked up The Spectre #11-- does Mde X figure prominently within, or merely appear in cameo?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

It's on my to-read list. I plan to post my thoughts on here once I read the series. Based on reviews, Xanadu is a prominent supporting character in the series.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

is there a story of her during her time as Nimue?

Matt Wagner and Amy Reeder's Madame Xanadu series explores this aspect of the character.

Watching Netflix's 'Shadow and Bone' and can't help but think that Jessie Mei Li would make a great live action Xanadu:

So should Ben Barnes be fan cast as Jim Corrigan/Spectre or the Phantom Stranger?
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-22-2021 at 11:49 PM.

By Matt Wagner:

By Patrick Zircher:

Xaandu and the Shadow by Gray Morrow:

Michael Kaluta pencils appreciation for Doorway to Nightmare:

Xanadu and Death by Joelle Jones:

I really love how Michael Kaluta draw Madame Xanadu
    Madame Xanadu 14 by Michael Kaluta.jpg
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 05-25-2021 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Attachment 109101

Attachment 109102

Unlucky in love. Even the girl she is kissing in that image would end up getting burned at the stake.
    Poor Nimue. Sometimes I wanna see her with Giovanni Zatara and become loving mother to Zatanna.

RCO009_1467976996.jpg
    20210525_182324.jpg

It's remind me of that one fun fanfiction when Madame Xanadu become a mother figure to Zatanna in Zee quest for having a baby. It's pretty popular, and the dynamic of Nimue and Zatanna is pretty fun
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/6848787/1...or-Mr-Suitable

Michael Kaluta did art both her Doorway to Nightmare series and Wagner/Reeder's Xanadu series making him one of the artists most closely associated with her.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt Xanadu would be a great mentor figure for Zatanna after her father went missing or died.

favs 70.jpg
    just another beautiful cover
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, that was the final issue of that title.

More stories had been prepared that would have appeared in additional issues, but they instead were used in a few issues of an expanded The Unexpected .

The Witching Hour and House of Secrets were also cancelled back then and absorbed into the larger $1.00-issues of The Unexpected .
    What would have been Kaluta's cover for Doorway to Nightmare #6:

but was instead included inside The Unexpected #190 (March-April 1979).

Oh! The beauty that we've been denied!

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1...466719233?s=19

Oh boy there are plan of Madame Xanadu show

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1...466719233?s=19

Oh boy there are plan of Madame Xanadu show
    I hope it's good .