Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

The artist for the book was talking about and it is truth. They are leaving tons of money on the table by not having a Static game. And it is not of thing where they can say it doesn't work because we literally had Infamous series. Imagine how great it would be have Static game the quality of Spiderman games.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The artist for the book was talking about and it is truth. They are leaving tons of money on the table by not having a Static game. And it is not of thing where they can say it doesn't work because we literally had Infamous series. Imagine how great it would be have Static game the quality of Spiderman games.
    he was supposed to be in Injustice, was designed and everything, but rights issues; so it's not like they don't see the potential for Static in the video game medium. they just got the rights issues fixed, his re-debut ain't even out yet, and they already got a movie in the development (which was the reason Miles was able to go what he did in the video game realm). I think with how visual striking and hyped his returned series is shaping up to be, if his book does well and the movie follows suit a game is inevitable because he's DC's path of least resistance to successfully ape off the Miles Morales archetypeq. let's just hope DC doesn't try to rush something out that ends up being subpar when the time comes.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

DC should probably just go all in on it Static. TV show, movie, and and games

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    so it's not like they don't see the potential for Static in the video game medium.
    Static had a game while his show was on the air.

It was promoted in DC Comics.

The company behind it (Midway) went bankrupt.

So what generally happens is no one wants to do a black lead project. That is why we never got Static toys despite them being designed back in 1994 and there are porotypes out there as an Icon figure was seen on ABC in a failed tv pilot.
    That aired as counterprogramming to the 1994 NBA Finals with the failed Kid N Play tv pilot.

Never mind data has shown black lead or options to choose a race/gender of a person in a game tends to have better sales than those that exclude POC.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas & 5 say hi. As does Mafia 3, Saints Row and Miles Morales Spider-Man.

Yet Black Panther and Into Spiderverse got left out.

This man NDI doesn't miss

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

This man NDI doesn't miss
    Nikolas Draper-Ivey is a huge Akira fan. In fact, one of his creator-owned concepts (that'll hopefully evolve into becoming a thing one day) is basically "What if Akira was the undisputed protagonist of his own story, and was a pre-teen adolescent Black boy?"

By Nikolas Draper Ivey and Chris Cross:

By Nikolas Draper Ivey:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/creato...e-relaunch?amp
    Vita Ayala wasn't interested in adding to their current comics workload, but then Milestone came calling, and the writer of books like Children of the Atom and The Wilds couldn't turn down an opportunity to work with one of the most influential Black comics characters ever.

"It is really hard and it is really stressful but it's also, for me, I couldn't not do it," Ayala told a group of journalists, including SYFY WIRE, earlier this week. "I promised myself that I was not going to do any more, take on more work, because I'm just tired. And then the universe was like, 'But what about this though?' And I was asked to pitch on it. I was like, 'How do you not do that? How do you say 'No,' to Static?' I grew up with that."
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can't blame them...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    DC should probably just go all in on it Static. TV show, movie, and and games
    Let’s see if the book is good

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, I would have done the same. If I was working two jobs and was asked to write Superman or something, you better believe I'd find a way to make it work.

Static has a lot of great stuff to work with and many directions that can be taken still. Very hopeful for this first issue.

Static: Season One

This book was so good I could cry.

It had the familiar notes of Static of the 90’s wrapped in a totally new package. Not just a simple rehash of everything that’s already been done before. It’s a modern Virgil. The family was genuine. The art was absolutely wild! This is was just so good.

Static is finally back!

Jesus Christ, this book is gorgeous.
    It's in my top 5 DC's best art right now with Batman, Nightwing, Justice League and Wonder Woman.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.