Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
So I am super excited that Static and Milestone as a whole are back. Here is my review of Static Season one, issue 1:

Pros: The art is amazing and looks like it is taken right out of a cartoon. The new origin to how Virgil got his powers is a very nice way to update the story for a current generation while keeping enough the same so that it still feels very similar to his old ones in a lot of ways, very well done. Keeping Statics nerdy kinda personality is welcomed as I think that is something people could relate to, the "nerdy kid being picked on" kinda thing.

Cons: So I am not a fan of the kinda sloppy way of writing off people not knowing Virgil was the one who did that to Hotstreak. "Someone took credit for it so they all believe it" just seems lazy especially when in the Milestone Returns issue, we see the fight, Virgil doesnt move or do anything afterwards, and everyone claims they saw nothing to the police, so people FOR SURE knew it was Virgil. My second issue, is about how his family now knows he has powers. Maybe I am partial to the trope of teenage heroes keeping their powers a secret, but with Static, it works well. In the old issues, him balancing being a hero with the school life, trying to get a job and not being able to keep one, etc was something I enjoyed. Sure there can be new drama "I wanna be a hero but my parents say no" or something but we will need to wait to see how it goes.

On a Static/milestone related topic:
So is it 100% confirmed that Static and other milestone characters will not be appearing in other comics? I understand that Milestone wanna keep the Milestone characters in the Dakotaverse and not mixed up in other stories, but if they treat it like elseworld stories or separate universes, it should be fine? Like it would be cool to see Static in Teen Titans, Icon in the JL, or them both in Injustice if it comes back around and possibly in the fighting game. Maybe I am being hopeful but I don't want to see these characters just contained to a single universe and the possibilities for them to mix it up with other heroes that I grew up reading/watching Static interact with are taken away.
I just want to see static and duke team up