Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

EMPRESS 0.jpgI vote for Empress as a Love instrest for Virgil just my thoughts.

Looking forward to this i'll be buying 2 Copies the Art looks dope.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I'm also on the wait and see plan as far love intrest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Oliver Copiel variant for issue 1 of the new series.
    Copiel never misses.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll need a few more issues before I decide.
    This. I need to see execution but either can work.

I love this page:

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    EMPRESS 0.jpgI vote for Empress as a Love instrest for Virgil just my thoughts.
    I’d definitely support that

By dayanekcalb:

By Eric Battle with John Kalisz (Static Shock Special (2011)):

By salylockheart (Tumblr):

Extraordinary Member

I gotta go with She-bang
    as far as love interest go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwpKLjyI38k

If it's a character from the show, it's either Daisy or She Bang. I lean more towards Daisy right now since the episode I re watched most recently was the Superman cross over episode.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So who do you think will make for a better love interest for Virgil in this incarnation? Frieda or Daisy?
    The answer is Dusk

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I gotta go with She-bang

I support this.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...from-the-edge/

The creative partners at Milestone took no salary we were to be paid for our comic book work.

I created the Static Shock Universe; the model for that creation was my Family. The real focus of that universe wasn't Static; his sister Sharon Hawkins was. The book Icon, Milestone's Black Superman, was really about his sidekick, Rocket. That's a genius idea from Dwayne McDuffie, so I followed suit. The driving force behind the Static Universe was my mother, Jean. She was a remarkable woman, but her life was anything but easy. She was a victim of abuse from many sources but never complained. Her mother, Lenore, my grandmother, and her daughter, Sharon, my sister, both died horrible deaths. That pain weighed on her, although she sought to conceal it. I wanted to ease some of her pain, even if just a little. To that end, our family became the Hawkins family. Jean, Robert, and Sharon were the names of my mom, dad, and sister. Hawkins was my cousin's last name. Initially, Alan Hawkins was Static's alter ego's name. Dwayne changed it to Vigil after the civil rights pioneer. My mother told me, seeing her daughter live on in Static was the greatest gift she ever received from me. The day after saying that, she passed away.

When John Paul Leon came into my Mentor Program, it wasn't long before I decided his style was better suited for Static than my frequent photo referenced technique. I mentioned I was only to be paid for writing and drawing Static. I was, except DC Comics never paid me for the entire time I was at Milestone. They refused to honor my contract.

My wife overheard a conversation where I was told that if I was so hard up for money, take the book back from John, I refused. She started screaming in Spanish. I told her we were only a couple of months behind; the way she shouted, you would have thought I spent the mortgage money on crack and the sheriff was at the door. But I understood why it upset her so; what I couldn't understand was Spanish.

"ÓMO TE ATREVES, CÓMO ATREVERTE, A QUITARTE EL SUEÑO DE ALGUIEN!"

I found out later; she was furious but at the person on the phone. "How dare you take away someone's dream" she wasn't talking about my dream but about John Paul's dream to draw comics. Josephine had a bond with John. They were both Cuban Americans, both kind and respectful, and both about Family. I gave John my Family to take care of when I gave him Static to draw. Because of him and Robert Washington, Static is loved by millions all over the world. Yeah, the TV show was the medium but no John Paul Leon, no Robert Washington, no TV Show.
    Interesting that McDuffie was offered a book that someone else was doing when he was removed from Justice League. He like Mike Davis declined to take someone else's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I’d definitely support that
    As would I.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I gotta go with She-bang

She could also work.

My main prerequisite for a modern superhero's "love interest" is that they can't be a helpless civilian who mostly gets in the way. Historically speaking, far too often civilian love interests are simply there to motivate the hero or heroes by being constantly placed in jeopardy. I detest the so-called "damsel" trope (regardless of the love interest's gender although usually a female).
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-17-2021 at 02:12 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ivey’s previews of his art for the new Static comic just keeps getting me more and more excited. It seriously gives off anime vibes.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"