Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked issue 2 but are they basically going to have Virgil not have a secret identity at this point? I don’t see how he possibly could, everyone knows who he is. Don’t know how I feel about that.
    That threw me for a loop too considering how he guarded his identity in the animated series which is where I know him from.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

90% of my familiarity with Static comes from the animated show as well but I don't mind ditching the secret identity for this incarnation of the character. Secret Ids are old hat any way and nowadays 'open heroes' are more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    90% of my familiarity with Static comes from the animated show as well but I don't mind ditching the secret identity for this incarnation of the character. Secret Ids are old hat any way and nowadays 'open heroes' are more popular.
    I think it would make sense for Virgil to still keep a secret identity. Because as we saw, people like Hotstreak would have zero issues hurting people Virgil cares about. At best his identity should be known to a couple of his friends and his family. Everyone else needs to stay in the dark.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

While i've always gravitated more towards ICON than Static i must admit the last issue was....compelling enough for me to continue with the series. It was worth what i paid for it which is not something i take for granted as a comic enthusiast these days.
    Don't complain. Create.

When will Milestone Returns #1 come out?

E875A2BB-706D-4F56-AF7F-B98CFC922C1D.jpg

The meta breed is coming!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    coming soon...

NDI just pointed out something very interesting about this image in the bottom right corner...
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    just quoting with a bigger image for clarity

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I’m loving how he’s building up to Ebon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Hotstreak as a fed/snitch is actually a fantastic idea, Virgil’s secret identity is so f***** though lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I really enjoyed this issue of Static. the scene between Virgil and his dad was super sweet and wholesome, I feel NDI's style and visual storytelling has been stealing the show but Ayala's writing has been solid to great so far. the fact that the dad's design is so reminiscent of McDuffie just adds that extra little pinch of emotional weigh for me. We see the origins his suit and flight disk, we got a little hint toward Richie's sexual orientation, we got more hints towards a gang involving Holocaust, we got Daisy going to Darius for help with her bang baby powers (still unclear but I'm sticking with vibration/seismic powers), and we got Hotstreak working for the government(?). I like the attention to detail this series consistently has, there are a lot of moving parts but it all works together really smooth. I wonder how Virgil is gonna get around this fed situation. my guess they hid out and let them round up some kids, then Virgil doubles back as Static and frees them. Static fights Hotstreak, Hotstreak goes rogue and links up with Holocaust or the Metabred, and Virgil's civilian identity is tentatively safe for now.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hotstreak as a fed/snitch is actually a fantastic idea, Virgil’s secret identity is so f***** though lol.
    Meh, it’s Virgils own fault for using his powers out in the open before he came up with the Static identity. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meh, it’s Virgils own fault for using his powers out in the open before he came up with the Static identity. Lol.
    What? So he was just supposed to take Hotstreak's bullying and abuse?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    What? So he was just supposed to take Hotstreak's bullying and abuse?
    Too many so called 'fans' got triggered for some reason when Virgil used his power to protect his family from Hotstreak. Virgil was justified and did nothing wrong.

spoilers:
    So I just got done with issue 3. Virgil managed to escape the feds in one piece and we find out his suit is flame resistant so that’s gonna help him against Francis later on. We also find out that his inspiration for being a hero came from growing up on a lot of 80’s and 90’s anime, which I absolutely love especially since the art in this comic is very manga like. Virgil helps out his dad by assisting to fix up the roof later on and while Robert is still processing Virgils new abilities, he approves of him training to get the hang of them some more. Richie and Frieda show up later on to help out and tell Virgil they’ve got his back. The issue ends with Darius hiding Virgil as the feds come looking for Bang Babies in the school, as Francis definitely snitched.
    end of spoilers

Things are really thickening and I’m looking forward to see how Virgil gets himself out of this one, and how Daisy’s powers develop in this new continuity.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda