Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Good issue. But definitely a sad cliffhanger for Virgil and his family. I am curious how many characters are gonna know about his powers. Not sure if his family really saw what happened but his friends did.
    I'm pretty sure they did, somebody had to have seen Virgil's eyes light up at least.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I thought this was out next month, I’m glad my friend corrected me. Everything about this was great and I’m just glad to have Vergil back in my life.
    It was suppose to be because my variant that I got from Ebay was dated July 7th shipping now I am getting it next week. So they did move it up.

I suspect they are looking for that trade to be out in time for Christmas.

Static Season one is currently Amazon Kindle's top seller.

Best Sellers Rank: #6,188 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
    #1 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #6 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #22 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

I just hope they give us a better explanation as to why the experimental tear gas turned the kids into metas/mutants. “It wasn’t fully tested yet” isn’t a good explanation. Why was the gas laced with mutagenic material in the first place?!? Hopefully the Hardware book goes further into its development.
    I don't know if it was ever meant to be discussed. The original Milestone never talked about it after the Big Bang happened.

If you're a new reader picking up the first issue of a book called Static Season One, you'd expect it to be a clean start to the story. Instead, there's a reference about another comic in the book's first page
    In terms of story-this is an origin issue per say. Virgil hasn't started being a hero yet.

Now to be fair-Static's origin was discussed in issue 2 of the original series. Looking at how this issue ended-I would suspect Virgil tells his parents how he got those powers and what lead to Hotstreak showing up.

Interesting to see who did not show up in the book-Wade, Daisy and Felix. Virgil being interested in Frieda is starting rather early since the first series gave a quick hint and that was it until they were married in what WOULD have been Static #47 (that became Milestone Forever).

Man I'm so glad static is back ,but man I can't get into the artwork for this. Not saying it's bad ,I'm just not an anime guy.

Interesting first issue.

Need a bit of time to get used to the art. Story was good. Gotta agree that keeping the origin in the Milestone 0# is bit of a problem but as long as its in the trade, it should be ok.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Coat remind me of fire force

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    If he is not in a injustice 3 I’m gonna rage

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Static fans can draw, I'll say that.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Static fans can draw, I'll say that.
    Amen to that.

Finally got a chance to read. I loved it. Love how they updated the Static mythos. I hope the folks making the movie are paying attention to this. Now I'm just itching for a new Static cartoon that adapts this art style.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

(while Static has Black Vulcan's costume on) "You look like a battery commercial!"

Uh yeah... about that... in the '90s Energizer commercials, there was a rival company called "Supervolt," and if you've seen Harvey Birdman, then you know Black Vulcan used to go by "Supervolt." So yes, Richie, you are right.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Just picked up Static and here's some feedback (see what I did there).

Let's start off with the positives (sorry can't help myself): Hats off to Vita for reintroducing Virgil as a nerd. His interest in AP Chemistry and tabletop games makes sense. Being a member of the 'Inventors of Tomorrow Program' also makes sense. He even uses the laws of ionization to fight off Hotstreak. Love it.

Here's what I don't love: The cliffhanger. It felt like a series finale cliffhanger slapped on a pilot episode of a show. It didn't gel. We just met this family and you already burn their house down? Yeesh! Where are they going to move to now? Paris Island?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Amen to that.

Finally got a chance to read. I loved it. Love how they updated the Static mythos. I hope the folks making the movie are paying attention to this. Now I'm just itching for a new Static cartoon that adapts this art style.
    Madhouse is my pick

So I am super excited that Static and Milestone as a whole are back. Here is my review of Static Season one, issue 1:

Pros: The art is amazing and looks like it is taken right out of a cartoon. The new origin to how Virgil got his powers is a very nice way to update the story for a current generation while keeping enough the same so that it still feels very similar to his old ones in a lot of ways, very well done. Keeping Statics nerdy kinda personality is welcomed as I think that is something people could relate to, the "nerdy kid being picked on" kinda thing.

Cons: So I am not a fan of the kinda sloppy way of writing off people not knowing Virgil was the one who did that to Hotstreak. "Someone took credit for it so they all believe it" just seems lazy especially when in the Milestone Returns issue, we see the fight, Virgil doesnt move or do anything afterwards, and everyone claims they saw nothing to the police, so people FOR SURE knew it was Virgil. My second issue, is about how his family now knows he has powers. Maybe I am partial to the trope of teenage heroes keeping their powers a secret, but with Static, it works well. In the old issues, him balancing being a hero with the school life, trying to get a job and not being able to keep one, etc was something I enjoyed. Sure there can be new drama "I wanna be a hero but my parents say no" or something but we will need to wait to see how it goes.

On a Static/milestone related topic:
    So is it 100% confirmed that Static and other milestone characters will not be appearing in other comics? I understand that Milestone wanna keep the Milestone characters in the Dakotaverse and not mixed up in other stories, but if they treat it like elseworld stories or separate universes, it should be fine? Like it would be cool to see Static in Teen Titans, Icon in the JL, or them both in Injustice if it comes back around and possibly in the fighting game. Maybe I am being hopeful but I don't want to see these characters just contained to a single universe and the possibilities for them to mix it up with other heroes that I grew up reading/watching Static interact with are taken away.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.