Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    So I am super excited that Static and Milestone as a whole are back. Here is my review of Static Season one, issue 1:

Pros: The art is amazing and looks like it is taken right out of a cartoon. The new origin to how Virgil got his powers is a very nice way to update the story for a current generation while keeping enough the same so that it still feels very similar to his old ones in a lot of ways, very well done. Keeping Statics nerdy kinda personality is welcomed as I think that is something people could relate to, the "nerdy kid being picked on" kinda thing.

Cons: So I am not a fan of the kinda sloppy way of writing off people not knowing Virgil was the one who did that to Hotstreak. "Someone took credit for it so they all believe it" just seems lazy especially when in the Milestone Returns issue, we see the fight, Virgil doesnt move or do anything afterwards, and everyone claims they saw nothing to the police, so people FOR SURE knew it was Virgil. My second issue, is about how his family now knows he has powers. Maybe I am partial to the trope of teenage heroes keeping their powers a secret, but with Static, it works well. In the old issues, him balancing being a hero with the school life, trying to get a job and not being able to keep one, etc was something I enjoyed. Sure there can be new drama "I wanna be a hero but my parents say no" or something but we will need to wait to see how it goes.

On a Static/milestone related topic:
    So is it 100% confirmed that Static and other milestone characters will not be appearing in other comics? I understand that Milestone wanna keep the Milestone characters in the Dakotaverse and not mixed up in other stories, but if they treat it like elseworld stories or separate universes, it should be fine? Like it would be cool to see Static in Teen Titans, Icon in the JL, or them both in Injustice if it comes back around and possibly in the fighting game. Maybe I am being hopeful but I don't want to see these characters just contained to a single universe and the possibilities for them to mix it up with other heroes that I grew up reading/watching Static interact with are taken away.
    I just want to see static and duke team up

in the original comics, which ones point to Virgil as potentially being the "most powerful" meta in the Dakota area? There's obvious pushback to the notion that Icon is "now" the most powerful, but...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Just picked up Static and here's some feedback (see what I did there).

Let's start off with the positives (sorry can't help myself): Hats off to Vita for reintroducing Virgil as a nerd. His interest in AP Chemistry and tabletop games makes sense. Being a member of the 'Inventors of Tomorrow Program' also makes sense. He even uses the laws of ionization to fight off Hotstreak. Love it.

Here's what I don't love: The cliffhanger. It felt like a series finale cliffhanger slapped on a pilot episode of a show. It didn't gel. We just met this family and you already burn their house down? Yeesh! Where are they going to move to now? Paris Island?
    He was a nerd and playing tabletop games in the original series. In fact we get to see him play those games with Riche, Felix and another guy. I want to say he used the game to deal with his shock over Richie being gay and MAYBE in another story.

Static fans can draw, I'll say that.
    And cosplay.

SOMEWHERE on tumblr there is a white kid dressed as Static who won a contest. I have tried everything to find it the story and that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    in the original comics, which ones point to Virgil as potentially being the "most powerful" meta in the Dakota area? There's obvious pushback to the notion that Icon is "now" the most powerful, but...
    The answer is neither.

Holocaust is potentially the most powerful meta in the Dakota area because he's crimelord, with metahuman abilities who is not above murder.

The answer is neither.

Holocaust is potentially the most powerful meta in the Dakota area because he's crimelord, with metahuman abilities who is not above murder.
    *laughs in Wise-Son* yall not gonna act my boy Hannibal didn't clap Holocaust's cheeks. I think the convo for most powerful Bang Baby is between Wise-son and Static. Wise is most likely the most powerful one on one, Holocaust is probably the most dangerous/destructive, while Static has always (iirc) been portrayed as having the potential to have the most powerful and dynamic ability over time.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-20-2021 at 09:57 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    *laughs in Wise-Son* yall not gonna act my boy Hannibal didn't clap Holocaust's cheeks. I think the convo for most powerful Bang Baby is between Wise-son and Static. Wise is most likely the most powerful one on one, Holocaust is probably the most dangerous/destructive, while Static has always (iirc) been portrayed as having the potential to have the most powerful and dynamic ability over time.
    Puh-lease.

Wise Son has the exact same power set as Buck Wild, Mercenary Man.

Brickhouse could beat Wise Son in a one-on-one confrontation.

Third Rail could beat Wise Son is a one-on-one confrontation.

And Static is just a walking-talking bio-electric battery. He could run out of juice mid-fight and has to scurry to recharge himself.

Holocaust has connections and the power of fear on his side.

Holocaust stockpiled vials of Quantum Juice at his nightclub that he confiscated during the Shadow War. He huffs Quantum Vapors from time to time which will allow him to become stronger over time.[1]

His mother is Thomasina Jefferson, the Mayor of Dakota. So he has political connections that support his criminal operations. He also worked his way up to becoming a member of the Coalition, a secret alliance of Dakota's most powerful crime bosses.[2]

When the recession hit Dakota back in April of 2010, Holocaust invested in his city. He didn't run away from home like Static did. He opened up homeless shelters, soup kitchens. He spent millions of dollars to develop a vaccine for the flu that was ravaging the city.[3] Hell, Holocaust ran Dakota by the time Virgil returned home.

[1]See Icon #10
    [2]See My Name Is Holocaust #5
    [3]See Teen Titans #80

Ultimate Member

Puh-lease.

And Static is just a walking-talking bio-electric battery. He could run out of juice mid-fight and has to scurry to recharge himself.

Holocaust stockpiled vials of Quantum Juice at his nightclub that he confiscated during the Shadow War. He huffs Quantum Vapors from time to time which will allow him to become stronger over time.[1]

His mother is Thomasina Jefferson, the Mayor of Dakota. So he has political connections that support his criminal operations. He also worked his way up to becoming a member of the Coalition, a secret alliance of Dakota's most powerful crime bosses.[2]

When the recession hit Dakota back in April of 2010, Holocaust invested in his city. He didn't run away from home like Static did. He opened up homeless shelters, soup kitchens. He spent millions of dollars to develop a vaccine for the flu that was ravaging the city.[3] Hell, Holocaust ran Dakota by the time Virgil returned home.

[1]See Icon #10
    [3]See Teen Titans #80
    Static was kidnapped and placed into some games as per Terror Titians.

Lets not forget how Holocaust showed up at Virgil's school to pick a fight with Black Lightning.

Also what version of Static are we talking about?

New 52 version saw Static lose a body part and reattach it and he had some healing factor like Logan.

Terror Titans Static had to be drugged multiple times to calm him down.

Old school Static was able to charge a device so huge that Icon and Superman had to carry it so it could take out someone the size of Unicron. Who easily took out Holocaust.

Puh-lease.

[1]See Icon #10
    [3]See Teen Titans #80
    uh-huh...you really backing Holocaust, huh? real quick, this yo king?

[Milestone Forever #1]

his powers never got explored all that deeply (because Wise-Son's stories were always super character driven) but y'all forget, Wise's powers aren't just standard invulnerability. not only does it literally take someone on Icon's level to knock Wise Son unconscious, and his durability grants him strength that can trade blows with him too. he can also extend his invulnerability beyond himself (as shown in his solo) and, as shown above, he made Holocaust un-alive himself with his own powers. now it's been a while since I've read Blood Syndicate, but i'm fairly certain Third Rail and Brickhouse aren't pulling that level of strength out. being able to extend his power beyond himself takes his power from basic but formidable to insanely broken. imagine getting beat with a bat or any random weapon with Superman and Icon level toughness. y'all shleep on my boy. in a straight up fight most bang babies don't have a real answer for him, short of stalemating him if they aren't physical beings, he's quite literally built different. Holocaust is undeniably insanely dangerous, but we know conclusively he's not as powerful as Wise in a fight....because he died.

also, it seems you appear to be woefully ill-informed how dynamic Statics powers are (in no small part due to his mastery and ingenuity with them) or how high tier his feats go. if you think Static isn't a candidate to be the most powerful bang babies in his universe one day, you are tripping. prior to the whole Milestone shutdown Statics feats were only continuing to grow more and more powerful, which made sense because he was a kid and still coming into his own as fully formed human being. given where he's usually at and the level he's usually operating on, with maturity Static was definitely primed to arguably be the most powerful bang baby one day.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-22-2021 at 01:09 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    uh-huh...you really backing Holocaust, huh? real quick, this yo king?

[Milestone Forever #1]

his powers never got explored all that deeply (because Wise-Son's stories were always super character driven) but y'all forget, Wise's powers aren't just standard invulnerability. not only does it literally take someone on Icon's level to knock Wise Son unconscious, and his durability grants him strength that can trade blows with him too. he can also extend his invulnerability beyond himself (as shown in his solo) and, as shown above, he made Holocaust un-alive himself with his own powers. now it's been a while since I've read Blood Syndicate, but i'm fairly certain Third Rail and Brickhouse aren't pulling that level of strength out. being able to extend his power beyond himself takes his power from basic but formidable to insanely broken. imagine getting beat with a bat or any random weapon with Superman and Icon level toughness. y'all shleep on my boy. in a straight up fight most bang babies don't have a real answer for him, short of stalemating him if they aren't physical beings, he's quite literally built different. Holocaust is undeniably insanely dangerous, but we know conclusively he's not as powerful as Wise in a fight....because he died.

also, it seems you appear to be woefully ill-informed how dynamic Statics powers are (in no small part due to his mastery and ingenuity with them) or how high tier his feats go. if you think Static isn't a candidate to be the most powerful bang babies in his universe one day, you are tripping. prior to the whole Milestone shutdown Statics feats were only continuing to grow more and more powerful, which made sense because he was a kid and still coming into his own as fully formed human being. given where he's usually at and the level he's usually operating on, with maturity Static was definitely primed to arguably be the most powerful bang baby one day.
    Touché, sir... Touché.

Puh-lease.

[1]See Icon #10
    [3]See Teen Titans #80
    For some clarity, here's a list of Static feats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...espect_static/

From NDIs twitter:

coming soon...

background track suggestion

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

He is very please with the recent sales and I am too, I hope people continue to show support for the series and Icon and rocket perform similarly
    84843DAA-E1A8-4A78-ABD7-A7FE8D9A2C1F.jpg

Yeah not bad at all for a character who hasn’t been in any form of media for almost 10 years (glorified cameos in YJ aside).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah not bad at all for a character who hasn’t been in any form of media for almost 10 years (glorified cameos in YJ aside).
    Well if a certain editor was around-he would have looked at those numbers and proceed to take over the book and chase off the writer.

Guess that is why he is a former editor that no one wants to hire.