Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ivey’s previews of his art for the new Static comic just keeps getting me more and more excited. It seriously gives off anime vibes.
    It does, and I love me the anime style (in general).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

No salary for any of the work except for the comic books and they refused to pay even that. It's stuff like this that keeps me away from ever trying to join the industry.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

By Kyle Baker:

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    By Kyle Baker:

Wow. These are amazing

Lots of great Static art out there. Hopefully, the new comic and the movie leads to more.

By Kyle Baker:

I love this update of that, also by Baker:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

FINAL ORDER CUTOFF for Static issue 1 (of 6) is this Monday.

There seems to be 10 of them not counting Kyle Baker's covers.

https://economicsincomics.com/produc...card-stock-var

Another cover

Man, that first issue is so far off.

Given Superman is getting a cartoon for the first time in 20+ years, I’m going to hope Virgil will get another cartoon as well. Seems like Discovery has plans to spend $20 billion making new content compared to the $4 billion AT&T is spending now. I definitely think a new Static cartoon would be a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given Superman is getting a cartoon for the first time in 20+ years, I’m going to hope Virgil will get another cartoon as well. Seems like Discovery has plans to spend $20 billion making new content compared to the $4 billion AT&T is spending now. I definitely think a new Static cartoon would be a huge hit.
    Don't hold your breath. DC/Warner seems to have little interest in pushing historically/original POC characters in other media or heck even the comics for the most part (especially if the rumors about black Kal-El are true). Sorry, I had to vent.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-22-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Dope! I'm excited for this. Just please, please, please don't make the story revolve around social justice. I'm cool with having some issues happening that are personal, but focus on building the character to stand on his own instead of using the comic as a soapbox. (This may be a bit much as I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I guess I'm a little paranoid with the protesting on the cover lol)
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It would be cool if they gave Static a great media push along with the movie.

Hopefully he's also moved on from constantly complaining about not having a girlfriend by the next season of Young Justice.
    It's like an anime version of the cartoon. Except Virgil still has both parents .

Ha, Boomerang, classic.

Daisey's eyes look almost anime.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose