Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope so. The reboot looks good thus far. DC could use more synergy.

Also, I know he's only a producer in this but I hope Michael B Jordan also has an on screen role in this as well. He's aged out of the main character role but I think he would make a great Ebon or Rubberband Man.
    I always thought Mahershala Ali would’ve made a perfect Ebon. Too bad he’s playing Blade.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope so. The reboot looks good thus far. DC could use more synergy.

Also, I know he's only a producer in this but I hope Michael B Jordan also has an on screen role in this as well. He's aged out of the main character role but I think he would make a great Ebon or Rubberband Man.
    I know it may feel a bit pigeonhole-y but I'd cast MBJ as Curtis Metcalf (Hardware). it pulls from a lot of the same energy that went into his Killmonger role, just expanded and on the right side of the narrative. set him up to be the Batman/Iron Man of a Milestone cinematic universe.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I gotchu bruh
    Thanks.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/NikDraperIvey/st...74533370630144

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas Draper-Ivey

If possible, Virgil will have his hair braided differently almost every issue.
    That'd be a dream come true.

I gotchu bruh
    Looking good, nah, lookin' great.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Pardon me if I'm late, but I don't think this one's made its way here yet.

https://twitter.com/NikDraperIvey/st...14994944380932

This is beautifully epic! As many of the people who responded noted, the composition of and transition is absolutely brilliant!

This is the kind of beauty and brilliance afforded to Action Shonen Manga (and Anime) works. Draper-Ivey is really gonna make this a seminal Static reintroduction just off of the artwork alone.

Taking a sec to talk story speculation. I'm confident that Virgil is dodging that hit thanks to his powers. But I wonder, is this Francis some kind of a young martial artist? That's the feeling I get from Hotstreak's offensive action and form here. It would also provide a narrative explanation for why he's as buff as he is without seemingly being in any kind of sport or physically-intensive activity that would justify him having and maintaining the physique he has (outside of the rule of cool of superhero comic book visuals). If so, that'd provide for some hidden depths for Francis, since it would showcase he has more to him than the anger-prone bully, including a sense of patience and self-discipline.

Now for an older post on the whole variance appearance for Virgil thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas Draper-Ivey
    Different Virgil Looks. At some point you will see all of these looks throughout the series. Like real life, Virgil will change his hair ever so often. The same goes for his costume. Enjoy.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-24-2021 at 04:05 PM.

More stuff by him:

mplz5rrzr7k61.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I always thought Mahershala Ali would致e made a perfect Ebon. Too bad he痴 playing Blade.
    Love Mahershala but I think he's a bit too old for Ebon. I always saw the latter as a younger guy. Late 20's or early 30's.

I know it may feel a bit pigeonhole-y but I'd cast MBJ as Curtis Metcalf (Hardware). it pulls from a lot of the same energy that went into his Killmonger role, just expanded and on the right side of the narrative. set him up to be the Batman/Iron Man of a Milestone cinematic universe.
    That would be sweet.

Even though Killmonger is his most popular role I think he is much more suited to playing a hero than a villain.

I saw this on reddit and thought to post here cause it seems relevant, although he deleted the post on his instagram. His art is one of the main reasons i'll buy this book, i hope he stays for the long run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...series_artist/

"So recently the artist Nikolas Drapery for the new upcoming Static Shock comic made a post on IG about the project.:
    Post itself
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPPM3bTNm__/

Instagram(definitely support the artist I think his stuff is good)
    https://www.instagram.com/nikolasdraperivey/?hl=en

So I've been trying to follow the upcomic Static Shock comic that's being written by Vita Ayala, mostly by following the artist on instagram and I found saw his most recent post on instagram. I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him, I'll make sure to put his instagram on the post so poeple can see it for themselves:

"Feeling hollow. 5 more issues and then I知 out. To those that vibe with it, cool. To those that will inevitably vehemently hate my very existence for doing this project, I apologize in advance. I値l die off eventually. Rejoice in that."

This is just alarming to me because I'm wondering what happened that made him feel this way about it. I really hope the comic won't be bad, it seems like from what he posted on IG the comic might cause some sort of heavy backlash? I get comics always getting some sort of slander for what a writer does or says in the story but for even the artist to say the about the comic he's drawing before it comes out sort of makes me feel uneasy about its release.

From his comments on his post, it was already set for 6 issues, so it has nothing to do with the comic being cut off early. When someone in the comments asked why it was so short and voiced support, he replied like this.:

"I appreciate that, but I知 burnt out on working with people. I really want to work on my own material. There is like only ONE project I知 waiting to work on with someone else, one that I知 actually better suited for. Other than that, I知 keeping to myself."

When asked if he would ever come back he said:
    "I would only come back if I知 able to tell the story I want to tell with Ebon. But if I知 being honest, I think there are others that far more qualified than I am to take up the mantle. They need stronger talent for Static. It deserves to very best and then some. I知 a fan of this too and would like to enjoy it as much as the next person."

The comic is set to release June 15th, I'm hoping it will be a good read. The art looks really good to me, and I think the artist has alot of passion, he is definitely someone I will watch and support for his future releases. I just really hope it'll be something everyone can love and appreciate since Static is one of my favorite characters."
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nコ8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Can we get a Q and A with him or somthing?

I gotchu bruh
    These character designs are beautiful
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I saw this on reddit and thought to post here cause it seems relevant, although he deleted the post on his instagram. His art is one of the main reasons i'll buy this book, i hope he stays for the long run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...series_artist/

"So recently the artist Nikolas Drapery for the new upcoming Static Shock comic made a post on IG about the project.:
    Post itself
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPPM3bTNm__/

Instagram(definitely support the artist I think his stuff is good)
    https://www.instagram.com/nikolasdraperivey/?hl=en

So I've been trying to follow the upcomic Static Shock comic that's being written by Vita Ayala, mostly by following the artist on instagram and I found saw his most recent post on instagram. I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him, I'll make sure to put his instagram on the post so poeple can see it for themselves:

"Feeling hollow. 5 more issues and then I’m out. To those that vibe with it, cool. To those that will inevitably vehemently hate my very existence for doing this project, I apologize in advance. I’ll die off eventually. Rejoice in that."

This is just alarming to me because I'm wondering what happened that made him feel this way about it. I really hope the comic won't be bad, it seems like from what he posted on IG the comic might cause some sort of heavy backlash? I get comics always getting some sort of slander for what a writer does or says in the story but for even the artist to say the about the comic he's drawing before it comes out sort of makes me feel uneasy about its release.

From his comments on his post, it was already set for 6 issues, so it has nothing to do with the comic being cut off early. When someone in the comments asked why it was so short and voiced support, he replied like this.:

"I appreciate that, but I’m burnt out on working with people. I really want to work on my own material. There is like only ONE project I’m waiting to work on with someone else, one that I’m actually better suited for. Other than that, I’m keeping to myself."

When asked if he would ever come back he said:
    "I would only come back if I’m able to tell the story I want to tell with Ebon. But if I’m being honest, I think there are others that far more qualified than I am to take up the mantle. They need stronger talent for Static. It deserves to very best and then some. I’m a fan of this too and would like to enjoy it as much as the next person."

The comic is set to release June 15th, I'm hoping it will be a good read. The art looks really good to me, and I think the artist has alot of passion, he is definitely someone I will watch and support for his future releases. I just really hope it'll be something everyone can love and appreciate since Static is one of my favorite characters."
    Guess he's staying now
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPRraqrnzXf/
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Holy **** what a roller coaster lmao, what the hell happened behind the scenes? Glad it seems to have ended happily.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren稚 enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Holy **** what a roller coaster lmao, what the hell happened behind the scenes? Glad it seems to have ended happily.
    I would SUSPECT the mess that New 52 Static Shock dealt with MIGHT (keyword MIGHT) have sniffed its way into this book.

What started that book's downfall was pre-orders that the editor (and artist) felt should have been HIGHER and we saw changes of what the writer (Milestone alum) had go. Only naming Virgil's school remained of all the writer's ideas and he quit before issue 1.

Remember yesterday was the deadline for Final Order Cutoff of Static.
    Now we ALL saw at least 10 different variants shown here for issue one.

I do FOC-every comic book store I deal with or know locally only listed Deny's ($50 bucks), Khary's cover and Shawn Martinburgh's cover.

Oliver's team foil cover was NOT there. Nor Kyle Baker's. I had to order Oliver's off of Ebay. Heck I don't even remember Oliver's cardstock cover on FOC.

So that is 2 covers of his that some stores never got a chance to order?

Also if 5 issues are DONE-what got changed between what was approved and what got edited out. In FOC once that editor sees FOC numbers-are we going to see some more edits.

I am sure if he is staying SOMEONE pointed out to him-HE is what is selling that book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Pardon me if I'm late, but I don't think this one's made its way here yet.

https://twitter.com/NikDraperIvey/st...14994944380932

This is beautifully epic! As many of the people who responded noted, the composition of and transition is absolutely brilliant!

This is the kind of beauty and brilliance afforded to Action Shonen Manga (and Anime) works. Draper-Ivey is really gonna make this a seminal Static reintroduction just off of the artwork alone.

Taking a sec to talk story speculation. I'm confident that Virgil is dodging that hit thanks to his powers. But I wonder, is this Francis some kind of a young martial artist? That's the feeling I get from Hotstreak's offensive action and form here. It would also provide a narrative explanation for why he's as buff as he is without seemingly being in any kind of sport or physically-intensive activity that would justify him having and maintaining the physique he has (outside of the rule of cool of superhero comic book visuals). If so, that'd provide for some hidden depths for Francis, since it would showcase he has more to him than the anger-prone bully, including a sense of patience and self-discipline.

Now for an older post on the whole variance appearance for Virgil thing.

The artwork looks powerful. I like how the artist is using unique angles. And the character clothing/aesthetic design is fire!