Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Kind of feel sad that John Romita Jr will not be involved in Spider-verse...

Given the whole legacy side of the upcoming event, I'm kind of sad that John Romita Jr will not be involved in Spider-verse, given his familar connections to the Web-head.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It is a shame, however, as I am a big Superman fan as well I feel like the cat that got the cream.

Also, JRSR is doing a cover for an upcoming Supes issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    It is a shame, however, as I am a big Superman fan as well I feel like the cat that got the cream.

Also, JRSR is doing a cover for an upcoming Supes issue.
    Still, it would've been nice if Marvel,got both Romita(s) to do another collaboration cover for this event.

Well, I'm okay with it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his work on "Spiderman: The Lost Years". Romita Jr's art style really worked for me in that, more serious, type of story.

However, his more recent work? Not a fan, personally.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

Astonishing Member

John Romita, Jr. hasn't been involved with Spider-Man since Dan Slott took over as full-time writer. But the worst part was the decision to cancel the Spider-Man secondary titles for a 2-3 times a month Amazing Spider-Man, which I think was overkill. Especially with writers sharing stories that would work better in the secondary titles apart from the main title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    John Romita, Jr. hasn't been involved with Spider-Man since Dan Slott took over as full-time writer. But the worst part was the decision to cancel the Spider-Man secondary titles for a 2-3 times a month Amazing Spider-Man, which I think was overkill. Especially with writers sharing stories that would work better in the secondary titles apart from the main title.
    That has nothing to do with this topic, but if you want to talk about secondary titles, how about this: Do we know for certain that he won't do art for Spider-Verse Team-Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    That has nothing to do with this topic, but if you want to talk about secondary titles, how about this: Do we know for certain that he won't do art for Spider-Verse Team-Up?
    Isn't JRJR on contract with DC only? I'm not sure but I thought he was only doing DC stuff for now.

BANNED

Looked it up, and yeah, he didn't renew his contract at Marvel. Still, even in that case, it wouldn't be unfounded for him to step in and do art for a least part of one issue, right? Or does it not work like that?

BANNED

i hope he does renew his contract for marvel. it wouldn't be the same without him especiaslly with an event like this.

BANNED

Never been a fan of his artwork on spidey. I know I'm in the minority, just didn't work for me. I think he's always been better suited for the drawing the physcally big guys like Thor and Supes more that the scrawny (in comparison) Spidey.

His artwork was great in his early run in the 80's, but I feel it constantly went down in quality as years went by. Nowadays his artwork is just flat out mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    His artwork was great in his early run in the 80's, but I feel it constantly went down in quality as years went by. Nowadays his artwork is just flat out mediocre.
    Agreed, although I think I enjoyed his work a little farther out than you perhaps. I think his time with JMS was his last really good stuff IMO.

BANNED

All though i do admit that RJR is dearly missed, i think that it is a greater miss not having Mark Bangley involved with Spider-Verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    All though i do admit that RJR is dearly missed, i think that it is a greater miss not having Mark Bangley involved with Spider-Verse.
    Now that would be an interesting sight to see.

BANNED

Romita Jr always knew how to make Peter look the appropriate age for a 13-year veteran. Definitely miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    That cover he did for Scarlet Spiders gave me such high hopes.