Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    To be fair, how do you top this?

I'm glad someone else recognizes the greatest movie ending of all time.

Could Sub Zero freeze the Night King to the ground for a 10 count?

Is there even anything king frost boring could do to Sub Zero?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

The Sub Zero from this movie makes up for all of the last versions. He is a Beast that nobody wanted a piece of for a one on one fight.

Between his AOE and close range freezing attacks, and his hth fighting skills, he will be tough to put down with just a spear or sword.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Given the way the Night King stabbed characters through their full plate armor like he was poking through tissue paper, killing Sub-Zero conventionally by throwing a spear at him really hard at the start of the bell should work.

I mean they all carry the big magic ice swords that should kill just as well as any other sword(seemingly just as if not sturdier than steel), Night King also throws a mean javelin.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Given the way the Night King stabbed characters through their full plate armor like he was poking through tissue paper, killing Sub-Zero conventionally by throwing a spear at him really hard at the start of the bell should work.
    It would if Sub just stood there and let it hit him. Nothing to suggest he couldn't just dodge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean they all carry the big magic ice swords that should kill just as well as any other sword(seemingly just as if not sturdier than steel), Night King also throws a mean javelin.
    Still implies he could hit Sub, but the question is if he even could.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Night King showed no appreciable reflex speeds... Arya had enough time to drop a dagger from one hand and catch it with another and then stab him, before he could react. And Arya had average human reflexes.

It would if Sub just stood there and let it hit him. Nothing to suggest he couldn't just dodge though.

Still implies he could hit Sub, but the question is if he even could.
    Fair, but Sub can't kill the Night King. Maybe stall him for a 10 count to win, sure, but putting him down, I doubt it.

Meanwhile we do know Sub-Zero can be killed by rather conventional means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Night King showed no appreciable reflex speeds... Arya had enough time to drop a dagger from one hand and catch it with another and then stab him, before he could react. And Arya had average human reflexes.
    "The Night King kinda forgot to kill her."

...also presentation and cinematography notwithstanding, Arya isn't exactly 'normal' by this point of the series. Really that whole affair was the Night King getting hit by the script, aka PIS.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    While she's definitely not superhuman, Arya's reflexes were probably a lot closer to those of the top tier warriors of her setting than to the rank and file muggles.

It's been a while since I watched GOT but has Arya ever had training in actually improving her reflexes? True, she did improve a bit with her swordsmanship, but aside from that, most of the people she killed were people who aren't high on the reflex totem pole either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    It's been a while since I watched GOT but has Arya ever had training in actually improving her reflexes? True, she did improve a bit with her swordsmanship, but aside from that, most of the people she killed were people who aren't high on the reflex totem pole either.
    I mean that's an enormous part of what things like fencing and stick fighting are, the latter of which she had to do a ton of during her faceless man arc. While Blind. In her sparring with Brienne she did a lot of face dodging rather than parrying which requires pretty exceptional reaction time

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean that's an enormous part of what things like fencing and stick fighting are, the latter of which she had to do a ton of during her faceless man arc. While Blind. In her sparring with Brienne she did a lot of face dodging rather than parrying which requires pretty exceptional reaction time
    This right here. She trained in fighting another extremely skilled person while blind. Then she also displayed this in kind of casually toying with one of the best swordspersons in the world, Brienne. Yeah, the choreography isn't great, but that's the show, not the limits of the fighters in question. Arya's explicitly presented as one of the quickest and most skilled fighters in their world. If she was Hound-sized, she's be outright the best, and not by a small margin.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This right here. She trained in fighting another extremely skilled person while blind. Then she also displayed this in kind of casually toying with one of the best swordspersons in the world, Brienne. Yeah, the choreography isn't great, but that's the show, not the limits of the fighters in question. Arya's explicitly presented as one of the quickest and most skilled fighters in their world. If she was Hound-sized, she's be outright the best, and not by a small margin.
    To be fair, she toyed with Brienne until Brienne started to take her seriously and not just as some precocious kid trying to pick a fight with her, at which point Brienne was keeping up with her with ease and basically won that sparring session twice over. OTOH, that means that she was good enough to force one of the best fighters in the setting to have to take her seriously in a spar, and actually earned said fighter's respect for managing to make her enjoy the sparring session.