29 56.86%
  • Dove

1 1.96%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Preferred Wonder Woman emblem

Pretty simple and to the point, is there a WW emblem that you prefer over the other? General thoughts on them and should it change?

We've had the Eagle, the W, the Eagle W, and now the Dove

Can't say I've ever thought about this that much.

Eagle/W hybrid (the one in the movies).
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-26-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Can't say I've ever thought about this that much.

Eagle/W hybrid (the one in the movies).
    It's a big pet peeve of mine lol.

Part of why I hated the New52 DC DTV movie WW is because her emblem was....not WW like at all.

Eagle WW/hybrid.

But she does also need stars (white or gold) on her battle skirt.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's a big pet peeve of mine lol.

Part of why I hated the New52 DC DTV movie WW is because her emblem was....not WW like at all.
    Lol, I get you. I have plenty of things for comic characters that drive me up a wall when I feel artists get something wrong.

I warmed to that costume eventually (she looks better with hair not in a ponytail) but the thing I never got were the unconnected sleeves on the arms.

As they are depicted here, I’d choose bottom row, center.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Lol, I get you. I have plenty of things for comic characters that drive me up a wall when I feel artists get something wrong.

I warmed to that costume eventually (she looks better with hair not in a ponytail) but the thing I never got were the unconnected sleeves on the arms.
    I loved the sleeves. this redesign also uses them and I think it's almost perfect

The breastplate needs to be accurate to the time period. If it's the Golden Age I wanta the biggest and most detailed eagle with it's talons clutching the belt. If it's Bronze I like the golden cups, the 80's double W's, Post-Crisis eagle/W hybrid, New 52 extra jagged
    and razor sharp.

I am really partial to the double-W because its so vivid and superheroic. I definitely have a nostalgic attachment to that symbol alongside the Superman S and the yellow-circled Bat insignia.

However I get that it just doesn't really fit the character's design anymore, and the in-story reasons for her double-W required some explaining. The various bird variations feel easier to rationalise as iconography for the Amazons than a straight double-W which either requires Diana to buy into the moniker of Wonder Woman, or to have it actually stand for something else like it did in the past.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Front row, center. Slightly off topic, but I do wish that DC/WB would release a series of action figures featuring the most prominent costumes through the ages, much the way they are with the funko pops. Golden Age, Mod era, 80's eagle, 90's WW, New 52 and modern battle skirt version.

I like most, as long as it is balancced in proportion.

It should always have the border of red along to top. It frames the emblem and makes it stand out better. Plus, the gold right against her skin is too close in tone and makes her look topless..lol

It also needs to be well proportioned and balance the red of the bodice. Just running along the top of her bust is weird, and having the gold run all the way around is odd. Preferred versions are the Gokden and ( most) Silver Age versions of the eagle, plus the Bronze age eagle and =w= ( which is meant to be like a bird) and Perez version are of the better proportion, where the emblem is also on the torso, breaking up all the red.

Don't care forNu52 ( silver? Blecch) and Kingdom Come / Byrne style...

WW symbol.jpg I wanted to get a tattoo like this around my forearm just before my elbow joint. I think its how the emblem should be.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Double W that just happens to look like an eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    WW symbol.jpg I wanted to get a tattoo like this around my forearm just before my elbow joint. I think its how the emblem should be.
    This is a pretty damn cool design!

My vote went to the strictly “eagle” design, but hybrids like the way Nicola Scott depicts it is probably my favorite. In the wrong hands, the double W can sometimes look like the McDonald’s Golden Arches, so no on that.

Another peeve: when they connect the emblem to the belt. Don’t know why, but that gets on my nerves...
    Last edited by Natamaxxx; 04-29-2021 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    This is a pretty damn cool design!

My vote went to the strictly “eagle” design, but hybrids like the way Nicola Scott depicts it is probably my favorite. In the wrong hands, the double W can sometimes look like the McDonald’s Golden Arches, so no on that.

Another peeve: when they connect the emblem to the belt. Don’t know why, but that gets on my nerves...
    It's fine when the belt is high-waisted but the modern belts are worn lower around the hips and that's too much real estate to cover to connect them to the breastplate without it looking weird.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    That would be great in live action, but in a comic it would be difficult drawing it the exact same way twice, much less over and over again for an entire issue. In that way it's similar to Lynda's palm tree eagle.

Above all I hate a wimpy emblem like on the professional volley ball player animated costume. That could be any kind of skinny bird or even a drone or something, it's definitely not an eagle or a double W.