29 56.86%
  • Dove

1 1.96%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

2f543f171337017010c0273dab075191

I like Flashpoint Wonder Woman emblem in the animated movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eagle W hybrid, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

E4avfZzWEAEUk4Y.jpg

This emblem appears in Wonder Woman Black & Gold #1. It's a new design right? I really like it

It depends who draws it, I really hate the Aaron Lopresti emblem in Simone's run. Also hate the dove in earth one series, the New 52 emblem and the Adam Hughes emblem as i recall.

I've always preferred when the emblem evokes a dove rather than an eagle. Doves have always been associated with iconography representing love, peace, renewal and collaboration. They were also the birds most often linked to the cult of Aphrodite, goddess of love. You don't get more Wonder Woman than that, but I understand why most artists and writers prefer the eagle...an eagle is a bird of prey, which people associate with fierceness and power. Like someone else said, the WW is iconic and it makes sense from a branding perspective, but I agree that it requires mental gymnastics to explain why an amazon of themyscira came to Patriarch's world already wearing a WW on her chest.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 06-23-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

This emblem appears in Wonder Woman Black & Gold #1. It's a new design right? I really like it
    It sort of looks like a mustache to me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The breastplate needs to be accurate to the time period. If it's the Golden Age I wanta the biggest and most detailed eagle with it's talons clutching the belt. . .
    I'm partial to Wonder Woman back in the 1940s, so I chose the eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    . . . I understand why most artists and writers prefer the eagle...an eagle is a bird of prey, which people associate with fierceness and power. Like someone else said, the WW is iconic and it makes sense from a branding perspective, but I agree that it requires mental gymnastics to explain why an amazon of themyscira came to Patriarch's world already wearing a WW on her chest.
    Since she came to the USA during the early days of WWII (don't forget, her first appearance was in All Star Comics #8, cover-dated December 1941-January 1942 but on sale in late October 1941, prior to the United States "officially" entering the war after Pearl Harbor), it doesn't really require "mental gymnastics" if one thinks that Wonder Woman's outfit was designed to appeal to American patriotism as a way to gain their acceptance of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It depends who draws it, I really hate the Aaron Lopresti emblem in Simone's run. Also hate the dove in earth one series, the New 52 emblem and the Adam Hughes emblem as i recall.
    The one I hate is the ones that totally makes her costume look like an american flag. That's why, as much as I love classic WW and many of her classic stories, I am not a fan of the original costume designs. So glad that the movie and most modern writers/artists have focused on designing WW costumes that feels less US jingoistic and more warrior-armor-gladiatrix-like. I would love to see stars integrated into Diana's costume in whatever is next for live-action Diana, but stars that are more stars-in-the-sky, than stars-and-stripes.

The one I hate is the ones that totally makes her costume look like an american flag. That's why, as much as I love classic WW and many of her classic stories, I am not a fan of the original costume designs. So glad that the movie and most modern writers/artists have focused on designing WW costumes that feels less US jingoistic and more warrior-armor-gladiatrix-like. I would love to see stars integrated into Diana's costume in whatever is next for live-action Diana, but stars that are more stars-in-the-sky, than stars-and-stripes.
    I agree with all of this. And I'd also be happy if a few eight pointed silver stars found their way onto her skirt.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I understand that stars are on the costumes of old, but where was the stripes?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I understand that stars are on the costumes of old, but where was the stripes?
    There were literally no stripes on the actual costume, but when I said "more 'stars in the sky' than 'stars and stripes'" I meant that I want the WW costume to be less evocative of the ole Stars-and-Stripes (which is another name for the US flag...like "The Red, White, and Blue," "Old Glory," and "The Star-Spangled Banner.") Although, now that I think about it, Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman used to wear this, which did have stripes:
    Lynda-Carter-Wonder-Woman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    I agree with all of this. And I'd also be happy if a few eight pointed silver stars found their way onto her skirt.
    Same here. I understand that eight-pointed stars are traditionally a symbol of hope and that several cultures have used them to represent balance. I'd definitely say that hope and balance are more Wonder Woman-like concepts than "America!!"...
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 06-23-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It sort of looks like a mustache to me . . .

I'm partial to Wonder Woman back in the 1940s, so I chose the eagle.

Since she came to the USA during the early days of WWII (don't forget, her first appearance was in All Star Comics #8, cover-dated December 1941-January 1942 but on sale in late October 1941, prior to the United States "officially" entering the war after Pearl Harbor), it doesn't really require "mental gymnastics" if one thinks that Wonder Woman's outfit was designed to appeal to American patriotism as a way to gain their acceptance of her.

Well stated, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's a big pet peeve of mine lol.

Part of why I hated the New52 DC DTV movie WW is because her emblem was....not WW like at all.
    I don't like this emblem, and I dislike the belt [WHAT is that?], ..even more.

I understand that you can't trademark it, ..but, I will always like the Golden Eagle, best. It was the first; it was Lynda's, and it is classic.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-23-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I voted for the WW emblem, but really the hybrid is pretty much equal to it to me. Those look the best.
    And, not that anyone asked, but I prefer the battle skirt over the one piece swim suit look.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Pretty simple and to the point, is there a WW emblem that you prefer over the other? General thoughts on them and should it change?

We've had the Eagle, the W, the Eagle W, and now the Dove

Which one is the dove?

Eagle W hybrid. The 90s one seem to have what I want since the rest either goes too hard on the eagle or the W

I have to admit the pure eagles fits my aesthetic better but I want a clear WW to so journalists like in Perez version can call her Wonder Woman pretty much immediately

It's a big pet peeve of mine lol.

Part of why I hated the New52 DC DTV movie WW is because her emblem was....not WW like at all.
    This is the first time I see this and that's a 90s Nightwing emblem (the one in the title, not his uniform) or Alicia Silverstone Batgirl emblem

I voted for the W. The dove was a close second but after seeing the poll results I wish I voted for the dove.

Doves are associated with Aphrodite and thus fitting for someone going to stand up against the God of War. A stag, deer or even an owl would be closer to the kind of symbolism Diana should have. Eagles carry an entirely different symbolism in Greek Mythology.