Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thats some headcanon. At the time implication was clear that Gohan was superior due to being half-human. Goten and Trunks being able to transform at very young age also drew that point further and they didn't need emotions or some trauma to do it.

BANNED

During the Saiyan Saga and Frieza Saga, if I remember correctly,
    Gohan's hidden power level is always bigger than Goku and Vegeta.
    Super Saiyan 2, and Ultimate Gohan also show that he has some great potential,
    Dragonball Super is another story so...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thats some headcanon. At the time implication was clear that Gohan was superior due to being half-human. Goten and Trunks being able to transform at very young age also drew that point further and they didn't need emotions or some trauma to do it.
    If your talking about vegeta's assessment.it's just that.i remember goku talking about emotions being the reason hybrids are stronger
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

in db humans are clearly better, not only are they stronger, their power also increases much more (a half human child is stronger than namek's freeza), their only weak point is that they already had adults fighting for They, that's why they relaxed and stayed behind, but it is very obvious that with the same training a half human could kill ehercitos of pure blood.

Must be a day that ends in Y with the DBZ/Superman discussion going on.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Popped in to wonder aloud if Superman issue #30 held a small clue regarding who the strange visitors are at the end of this issue (1030)?

On the Aspiring Kryptonians podcast PKJ gave us a few tidbits about what we've seen and what we will see. For one Khan-El and his wife Alura from House of El are part of a new race that will be introduced in Action Comics known as the Filojions (spelling?). Alura is directly part of the El bloodline (but not quite as closely related to the twins and Brandon and his daughter who are all directly from Jon's line as it turns out), but she's also part of the Filojion race. Khan-El, who married into the El name via Alura (before this he had no name), is full on Filojion, and because of this he's actually physically the weakest member of the House of El. I noticed this when I saw that he never used any vision powers, and he (and Alura) were the only ones that used weapons.

And we know that Mongul's race is now loyal to Khan-El directly by the 31st century, so it seems safe to assume that the Filojin race are linked to Warworld, and it's likely that our two strange visitors are our first Filojins (again, spelling).

But the interesting part is that even though Khan-El isn't an El by blood he still at the very least has strength, flight, and durability (though not quite as high as his El family), and the two strange visitors at the end of this issue are heard by Clark reciting an ANCENT Kryptionian prayer. So you have a race that has Kryptonian-like powers, and knows an ancient form of their language that hasn't been spoken aloud in forever. It seems all but confirmed that the Filojins share a common ancestry with modern Kryptonians.

Not that crazy of a leap given the fact that over in Superman issue #30/via the podcast PKJ confirms that Clark's old scientist friend who help him beat the Shadowbreed way back, Faldr Poornym (the green alien), looks like the Thakkramites (the red aliens) even though Faldr looks so different.

In fact, PKJ went on to say that the Filojins are not all that advanced and still fairly warlike. And as you'll remember Lois breaks things down and says Krypton is as advanced as it was when compared to Earth simply because it's just THAT much older. They went through and industrial revolution and war over fossil fuels long before humans were even a thing.

So maybe it's more accurate to say that the Filojins are an off-shoot of much, much older Kryptonians? And their civilization simply wasn't as old as Kryptons, thus less advanced. This is mirriored by the fact that Faldr's people have science while the Thakkramites clearly do not, and they called Falder's invention to beat the Shadowbreed "magic".

My guess is that they'll replace modern day Daxamites in DC continuity. And if that's the case that's amazing! They're already less dumb because they're not as powerful or as advanced as Kryptonians, so you're never left to wonder why they haven't taken over the universe.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well the Daxamites had that obvious lead weakness and shared the Kryptonian mindset of “screw the rest of the universe, we have everything we need here”. I don’t think they’ll be replacing Daxam so much as being another Kryptonian offshoot race which is fine with me. If we’re bringing back the Kryptonian Space Empire from the Pre-Flashpoint Busiek/Johns era (funny how much of that old stuff is coming back now, dare I hope for Khyber’s return?), then it makes sense to me that there are multiple offshoot Kryptonian races as an effect of their colonization. Heh wonder if the Filojins will be the Saiyans/Viltrumites of the DCU?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

But there currently is no present day Daxam populated by Kryptonian-like Daxanites, and the most famous member of that race, Mon-El, is now a Kryptonian and not even from the 21st century. And PKJ says he's sticking to Bendis' run (which is where it was all established), and that he likes Mon-El being Kryptonian and a native to the 31st century.

I don't mean "replacing" them in the sense that every story that's ever featured one can now be for this new race, or that they'll function the same way, but rather as far as Kryptonian-offshoots go this new race seems to be it going forward.

I suspect the Filojins where always part of PKJ's plan as far back as his space stuff for 5G. He said that his stuff never interacted with Superman directly, but some stuff was related to it. I feel like chances are high that he had a Last God pit fighter Filojin as part of his plans, and some of that is now being transplanted over. Writers tend to never full get rid of ideas they like, and can even repeat themselves if they find a new way to express it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That sounds like a good guess regarding PKJ’s 5G plans. Bendis got rid of Daxam? I don’t remember that, that’s a bit weird. I remember him establishing Mon-El to be a future Kryptonian which was fine with me. Doesn’t really “bother” me I guess although I don’t know how the hell you would reconcile that with how it affects a lot DC continuity (lmao I know what a joke). For now I’m just going to assume Daxam is out there somewhere keeping to itself like it always does. Very interested in seeing the plans with regards to the Filojins.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That sounds like a good guess regarding PKJ’s 5G plans. Bendis got rid of Daxam? I don’t remember that, that’s a bit weird. I remember him establishing Mon-El to be a future Kryptonian which was fine with me. Doesn’t really “bother” me I guess although I don’t know how the hell you would reconcile that with how it affects a lot DC continuity (lmao I know what a joke). For now I’m just going to assume Daxam is out there somewhere keeping to itself like it always does. Very interested in seeing the plans with regards to the Filojins.
    Daxamite are still a thing in Venditti's Justice League,
    the Eradicator made a bunch of Daxamite invulnerable to lead to take over Earth, and Sodam Yat came to Earth to warn the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Daxamite are still a thing in Venditti's Justice League,
    the Eradicator made a bunch of Daxamite invulnerable to lead to take over Earth, and Sodam Yat came to Earth to warn the JL.

Yeah I was looking for those Venditti issues because I knew they showed up recently, and Sodam Yat is a Daxamite so I seriously doubted they were going to just delete Daxam from the DCU.

I remember them. And I seriously think Bendis just superseded it. Those were filler issues at best in a filler run. Not crazy compelling evidence, but with Mon-El a Kryptonian in the 31st century, Daxam being a meting pot world in the 31st century, New Krypton taking Daxam's place in the 31st century, Zod's New Krypton being a thing in the present day, and the Filojins taking center stage with those big ass history PKJ is brining with the, I doubt anyone's going to see much use for Daxamites.

Yat is maybe the only thing, but brining him into the present day was always the dumbest idea ever. He was Moore's "ultimate Lantern" for the end times, and now he's just not-Superman with a ring. I say make him a Gold Lantern in the future, and have him be from New Krypton. Give him a slick new look thanks to 31st century Kryptonians having such varied looks, and finally put Daxamites to rest as a concept.

Daxam being a melting pot in the 31st century doesn’t really erase Daxam in the present though. It just means that many centuries from now they seem to have changed for the better. They don’t need to be used, it’s not like they were constantly being used anyway. I thought you meant Bendis explicitly erased Daxam being a thing in the present, but that doesn’t sound like what he did, just changed how they were in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Daxam being a melting pot in the 31st century doesn’t really erase Daxam in the present though. It just means that many centuries from now they seem to have changed for the better. They don’t need to be used, it’s not like they were constantly being used anyway. I thought you meant Bendis explicitly erased Daxam being a thing in the present, but that doesn’t sound like what he did, just changed how they were in the future.
    Yeah, he actually did, but he kept the name in the present day. We actually see it twice in Bendis' Superman run. The first is when Jon liberates the enslaved people (who are from all over) there with Jor-El. And then later we see that it becomes the first official site of the UP, and we see that it's totally uninhabited by indigenous life. That's why it becomes a melting pot in the 31st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, he actually did, but he kept the name in the present day. We actually see it twice in Bendis' Superman run. The first is when Jon liberates the enslaved people (who are from all over) there with Jor-El. And then later we see that it becomes the first official site of the UP, and we see that it's totally uninhabited by indigenous life. That's why it becomes a melting pot in the 31st century.
    So the Khunds had a slaving base on Daxam, and Daxam was the world where the UP was hosted, but I’m not seeing anything about Daxamites being erased from the present (going through my old Bendis Superman issues). In the future Daxamites no longer existing, or having left Daxam doesn’t really clash with them still being around in the present, or having existed at one point in the present. It feels like we’re arguing over a minor point though lol, I’m sure if someone wants to use the Daxamites for something they can, but for now PKJ is going to focus on these new guys. Unless PKJ clearly establishes that these are the only Kryptonian off-shot race post-Death Metal I’ll just assume the Daxamites are still out there doing their thing all alone, being isolationist dicks as usual.