Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

you buy a superman comic and give the entire universe dc, batman, damian, jon, supersons, with how many characters or series superman has to share his ONLY comic. As for the future villain, it is clear that he is a Kryptonian, all Kryptonians are bad, Krypton seems the parallel version of the land in which the Nazis won.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    you buy a superman comic and give the entire universe dc, batman, damian, jon, supersons, with how many characters or series superman has to share his ONLY comic. As for the future villain, it is clear that he is a Kryptonian, all Kryptonians are bad, Krypton seems the parallel version of the land in which the Nazis won.
    Considering this was an anthology book starring various action characters.How is this a just superman book?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-27-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Considering this was an anthology book starring various action characters.How is this a just superman book?
    apparently action comic is from the entire dc universe, but detective comics is from batman. a very interesting logic.

Detective gets turned into Batfamily book from time to time.

BANNED

I think it is very obvious that superman suffers a constant invasion in his comics. batman and his family appear in superman comics more frequently than supergirl or superboy, there have been times when superman comics seemed like the JL, that without forgetting ww that appears less than batman but still more than supergirl. A superman comic would be fine, starring superman, not through DC.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I literally just woke up, but the second I opened social media, someone posted the Jon and Damian scene and it was probably one of the most offensive things I've ever read. It was somehow worse than the Bendis Super Sons "reunion" issue in his run and that was a complete load of trash the was just meant to function as Bendis' mouthpiece telling fans they will never get want they want because he is control.

Why is DC so hard for Jon to be Superman that they have to literally have to change how characters would act and say just fit their narrative that no one has gotten behind.

I'll come back with a more comprehensive complaint if I'm still in the mood. jfc
    So first off, I do honestly agree with Bendis not doing a good job handling jon and damian's dynanic. That being said, I do think you are misenterprating that scene. I think PKJ gave Damian those lines since he has experience dealing with family legacies and having a future you can't control. It's a in character thing for him to say that to Jon, given those circumstances. To say it's one of of the most offensive scenes is a bit of over kill IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So first off, I do honestly agree with Bendis not doing a good job handling jon and damian's dynanic. That being said, I do think you are misenterprating that scene. I think PKJ gave Damian those lines since he has experience dealing with family legacies and having a future you can't control. It's a in character thing for him to say that to Jon, given those circumstances. To say it's one of of the most offensive scenes is a bit of over kill IMO.
    Like I said, I just woke up and was quite enraged and prone to hyperbole.

Rereading it, I see why he would say what he said, but when there's a book published the exact same day where Damian is choosing his destiny, it's incredibly hypocritical and just meant to serve an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Detective gets turned into Batfamily book from time to time.
    Yeah, the Rebirth run starred a team called the Gotham Knights, and there was a run previously that starred Batwoman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Like I said, I just woke up and was quite enraged and prone to hyperbole.

Rereading it, I see why he would say what he said, but when there's a book published the exact same day where Damian is choosing his destiny, it's incredibly hypocritical and just meant to serve an agenda.
    Damian’s back to calling himself Robin, and he still won’t kill, so I don’t think he’s going to be totally branching off from his dad (or at all honestly). I’m expecting he’ll return to his father’s side before too long.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm liking what I'm hearing about this issue.

Is...is Superman going to actually be good again, you guys? At least Action?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm liking what I'm hearing about this issue.

Is...is Superman going to actually be good again, you guys? At least Action?
    Heh well I’ve been pretty satisfied with the last couple of years, I do think PKJ will be less divisive than Bendis was. And there seems to be a long term plan, love it or hate it, and it doesn’t lack in ambition which is something writers struggle with for Superman. They either try to recreate him from the ground up, or they’re content to just tread water and do generic superhero stories.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm not very versed on Mongul's history so I always just assumed that he built the Warworld. Was it always the case that we didn't knew who built it or is it a new development?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not very versed on Mongul's history so I always just assumed that he built the Warworld. Was it always the case that we didn't knew who built it or is it a new development?
    No,other alien race built it.Manhunter was guarding the keys to war world.Mongul then has manhunter and superman fight.he then steals the keys.I do believe at some point during crisis on infinite earth superman had warworld in fortress(if irember correctly.i might be wrong on this one).Then mongul takes it and becomes the king postcrisis.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No,other alien race built it.Manhunter was guarding the keys to war world.Mongul then has manhunter and superman fight.he then steals the keys.I do believe at some point during crisis on infinite earth superman had warworld in fortress(if irember correctly.i might be wrong on this one).Then mongul takes it and becomes the king postcrisis.
    This is the basic gist of the Pre-Crisis Warworld origin which PKJ seems to be drawing on. Warworld was a WMD created by a race that was never really elaborated on. I believe that blank spot is what PKJ has been talking about in regards to an “underserved area of Superman lore” that he intends to focus on in a big way.

The thing about warworld is that it can't be destroyed.Not even by superman.It's pretty indistructable copy of the death star.I believe it has something to do with death star blowing up always in star wars lore.