Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I mean, if they were the isolationist we know them as then the slave camp wouldn't be possible, and when the UP set up shop there during the Mongul arc they comment on how it's a "fixer upper" because it's a lifeless rock.

Now technically that does everything short of outright saying they're not a thing (however you can organically say something has never been a thing), but still, the intent seems clear. If someone wants to come along and use what I've always found to be frustratingly not-Kryptonians while PKJ's new race and Zod's New Krypton are around, well, that's...fine.

Like, Zod's young New Krypton could easily be isolationist, and that would do more to serve the Superman world (and Zod's character) and overall DCU than any use of a race of Supermen allergic to pencil led.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Actually come to think of it, you’ve given me an idea for how to thread one thorny needle: Zod’s New Krypton. It seems to be treated as a power in the universe, but Zod basically went, colonized a planet where he established him and his family as God-Emperor and enslaved the native inhabitants and Kal just... let’s him keep it. That’s pretty f***** up. But what if instead you had Daxam agree to join Zod’s New Krypton under the twin yellow suns, so they leave Daxam for their new home, and Zod agrees to free the native population from servitude in exchange for the UP letting the Daxamites move there? That explains why New Krypton is a big power, the Daxamites + the resurrected Kandorians explain how Kryptonians basically came back from the dead population wise, and it fixed the issue of Kal and the UP just letting Zod rule a planet he conquered.

Plus it doesn’t mess up continuity by having the Daxamites simply leave the planet, explaining why it’s abandoned and why the UP uses it as a home base: It’s already settled and the infrastructure is there but nobody claims it. Neutral ground essentially.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The Zods actually left that other world. The world that became New Krypton is a world gifted to the Zods by the UP at the end of the Unity Saga as reparations for Krypton's destruction. And the Zods seem to have settled in to New Krypton to make building it a full time job, so I imagine the other world is just free now.

And it seems to be implied that New Krypton wasn't just made from Kryptonians or Kryptonian-like beings, but rather House Zod after a 1000 years seeing other creatures that aren't Kryptonian as worthy. If you just repopulate with Daxamites then you undercut the implied character arc of Zod and his house, and how he eventually teaches his son to do better as we finally see in Legion. It takes 1000s years, so this lets you flip flop with Zod for a bit in the present day.

And planet Daxam as we saw it in Bendis' run was a blown out husk that the UP leaders joked was a "fixer upper". No already established anything to be seen.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Is that New Krypton thing related somehow to what happens in Batman/Superman two parter that features Zod and Ras?

As for Daxam, I certainly wouldn't cry if I never saw it or Sodom Yat ever again.