Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silver Surfer vs Doctor Manhattan

Movie versions

I suspect Doc is rather favored here, although I wouldn't call it a stomp. Say, Doc for 7/10?

I don't think Surfer can hurt Doc, and in any event, Doc just keeps coming back.

I imagine that after some observation, Doc would be able to transmute away Norrin's epidermis of "cosmic silver"? Why not?

That said, didn't Surfer kill his universe's Galactus? But still, kind of a nebulous feat, wasn't it? I was never really sure how that was done.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 03-22-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    I suspect Doc is rather favored here, although I wouldn't call it a stomp. Say, Doc for 7/10?

I don't think Surfer can hurt Doc, and in any event, Doc just keeps coming back.

I imagine that after some observation, Doc would be able to transmute away Norrin's epidermis of "cosmic silver"? Why not?

That said, didn't Surfer kill his universe's Galactus? But still, kind of a nebulous feat, wasn't it? I was never really sure how that was done.
    He flew to it's core and exploded himself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He flew to it's core and exploded himself.
    That feels like an exceptional bad strategy against someone whose first trick was coming back from being exploded.

That said, I feel like Surfer had some more esoeteric options?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    That feels like an exceptional bad strategy against someone whose first trick was coming back from being exploded.

Movie Surfer? Eh... not really?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

stalemate DM can't really do much to SS and SS can't put DM down for good now if this is comic DM he stomps.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Movie Surfer? Eh... not really?
    He can absorb stuff into his board and lord knows what happens to it.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    He can absorb stuff into his board and lord knows what happens to it.
    He absorbed a rocket he never absorb anything alive or anything on the level of DM so I don't think it really helps much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He absorbed a rocket he never absorb anything alive or anything on the level of DM so I don't think it really helps much.
    Hmm, where does the no limit fallacy apply. Surfer can absorb a complex object into his board (metal container with high-explosive and rocket fuel). This is clearly not something as complex as Dr. Manhattan, but it isn't a rock either. Dr. Manhattan has no feats of avoiding being absorbed into some sort of alternate dimension (though he has been monkeyed with to some degree by Ozymandius and his teleportation/disintegration tech). So, is the limit on SS ability to absorb, or Doc's ability to prevent himself from being absorbed?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Hmm, where does the no limit fallacy apply. Surfer can absorb a complex object into his board (metal container with high-explosive and rocket fuel). This is clearly not something as complex as Dr. Manhattan, but it isn't a rock either. Dr. Manhattan has no feats of avoiding being absorbed into some sort of alternate dimension (though he has been monkeyed with to some degree by Ozymandius and his teleportation/disintegration tech). So, is the limit on SS ability to absorb, or Doc's ability to prevent himself from being absorbed?
    I'd say he has showings of absorbing a rocket so he can absorb anything below a rocket as well meaning trees cars rocks probably regular humans/street level heroes/villains spiderman blade etc you can at least make the case but no one above that so guys like superman Goku hulk Thor ironman are not going in the bord.
    Last edited by choptop; 03-23-2022 at 12:53 AM.

Movie Surfer can resurrect the dead and a noob using his powers (Doom) can transmutate human bodies. He turned the military leader into glass or stone or something.

He can also become intangible
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Movie Surfer can resurrect the dead and a noob using his powers (Doom) can transmutate human bodies. He turned the military leader into glass or stone or something.

He can also become intangible
    Don't think any of that helps much.

Weren't there some feats of Doc controlling time in Watchmen? If that is a thing, might be a big advantage. Otherwise, I imagine it would be quick draw. Doc can disintegrate inorganic and organic targets and it appears he can re-integrate. On the other hand, as Arby mentioned, Norrin has some transmutey type stuff going on as well as being able to phase through objects and presumably attacks. As far as energy strikes, him winding up to something planetary (?) seems irrelevant given the time to generate one of those bad boys. The strikes against the missiles are hard to quantify. Knocking Doom for a good distance was...cool to watch...not sure how we would apply that against Manhattan though.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'd sayif he can muck about with souls enough to ressurect the dead he can probably screw up Manhattan.

I'd sayif he can muck about with souls enough to ressurect the dead he can probably screw up Manhattan.
    How would that work?