Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

I barely sent anything myself, I apologize in advance for the laziness of it but I didn't want to spend an hour+ strategizing against a void.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I sent mine to Darth about two hours ago.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Posting matches now, been busier than expected.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Only 1 match this week.

Siriel, Jcogginsa, and Darth Drizzle win by opponent VOID.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Extraordinary Member

The two times I actually incorporate the battlefield heavily into my strat, it's a void. Figures

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The two times I actually incorporate the battlefield heavily into my strat, it's a void. Figures
    This should be the best stage for that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

VOIDS. They hurt everyone involved and no one feels like a winner.

Matches are now CLOSED.

The voting thread will go up tommorow around 9am.

The store is now OPEN. As this is the final purchase window everybody gets 10 credits to spend added to whatever they had(credits have been updated).

Also since this Tournament is coming to an end soon I would like some feedback and ideas on how people want the League to look/run the next time it starts up.

I think it should be shorter, with everybody fighting each other once. If a longer season does happen then I think at the half way point you should be able to trade in every character/item for points except for your designated "Team Leader" which you choose at the start of the season. So if you want a nearly all new team or just swap an item out, or trade a character orn2 you can do it then.

Also to change how debates work, I think each person gets 1 response focusing only on the opposing stratagy which is the main thing players should be responding to anyway. Then 1 response to the opposing persons take on how they would respond to the stratagy. That is it, and the only thing either side can answer from then on is questions from other Leaguers.

Also League ruled answers on some no limit fallacy items and other actions should be addressed as well.

And to make things clearer and not answer the same questions every week for different opponents I think some baselne/certified feats for characters be included in the Team Profiles. So if you had DCEU Wonder Woman you could post her Bank Heist scene with her blocking bullets to show her baseline speed before any item boosts.

Or if you bought MCU Hulk you can post his Space Whale punching scene to show his baseline strength before any item boosts. Or if you had Xavier you can show him freezing dozens of people at once, or item wise you can buy the Sling Ring and show it cutting off Culls hand to shown its cutting ability, etc. These feats would be pre ruled upon and not able to bring up during a match because it has already been accepted. This would cut down greatly on wasted debate posts and rehashing arguments that has been done multiple times already.

If you have any thoughts or additions you have thought about add them here now and let's make the League better as we go along.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 10-12-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Also to change how debates work, I think each person gets 1 response focusing only on the opposing stratagy which is the main thing players should be responding to anyway. Then 1 response to the opposing persons take on how they would respond to the stratagy. That is it, and the only thing either side can answer from then on is questions from other Leaguers.
    But noone is ASKING them!

And bad information is running around because noone asks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    And to make things clearer and not answer the same questions every week for different opponents I think some baselne/certified feats for characters be included in the Team Profiles. So if you had DCEU Wonder Woman you could post her Bank Heist scene with her blocking bullets to show her baseline speed before any item boosts.
    You have to ditch KJS's one post rule. I was already having to delete information to make room for the new stuff. I wouldn't have room for MORE feat vids.

Also as a next league thing, I would like to suggest that vehicles come with a "Generic crew" that can have people replaced by your characters if you want, but who can run the vehicle if you don't want to commit 5 people to run Mecha Godzilla, or 1000+ to run your Star Destroyer.

I'm okay with a League where we only face one person at a time. We can always ask after the first round if people want to run it back or not.

I don't have much to comment on where it comes to posts in the debate thread - I think the biggest issue is lack of participation from the other posters. This heavily includes myself, my free time has been fairly limited lately and that shows in how much I was able to post here.

As for suggestions, my personal preference would be to move away from Live Action only, especially if we're getting so many points. There just aren't that many high-powered items in live action, to the point that I haven't been using my points because I just don't know what would be useful to buy. It also makes it harder to buy counters or defenses, with the rare powerful telepaths being extremely oppressive.

Additionally the research time required to find feats is pretty intense - I had to rewatch something like ten hours of Charmed for my strategies this League, and that was for just one character, It takes a lot more time to watch through episodes (or movies to a lesser extent) than to flip through a comic or manga, and it's harder to clip them than to post a page or partial page to a hosting site.

Also admittedly I just miss the craziness of the earlier Leagues.

I always maintained I didn't know much about live action sources, so would at least like cartoons to be acceptable.

I'm open to include more than Live Action. I liked it because most shows and movies are viewable by all and there are less niche/unknown characters than comics/manga/books/anime which have so many wildly different characters whom most people have no general idea about because it has a much narrower audience than say Avengers:Endgame would have.

Live action was basically a more general approach to past Leagues without the niche/exotic characters other forms of media bring. But I'm okay with expanding it and opening it up more.

Extraordinary Member

A while back I had ideas for a tournament which would include a few new rules (Mostly caps on certain strats and stats) and switch back to a format that included characters and items from beyond live action worlds.

I never finished it, but I could post what I had for it if anyone's interested.

A while back I had ideas for a tournament which would include a few new rules (Mostly caps on certain strats and stats) and switch back to a format that included characters and items from beyond live action worlds.

I never finished it, but I could post what I had for it if anyone's interested.
    You can put any thoughts you have here. We're just throwing ideas around right now.