Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I don't think it's ever been frowned upon and people have lost by 1 vote after not remembering to vote for themselves, so I am going to vote for myself.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I wanted to give a little update about how things are going to progress.

I really DON'T want the league to run for 14 weeks solid. It's a lot to ask of everyone (not least myself when I'm running the thing) to be participating non-stop for that long, so here's how it's going to go:

WEEK 1
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 2
    WEEK 3
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 4
    WEEK 5
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 6
    WEEK 7
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 8
    WEEK 9
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 10
    WEEK 11
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 12
    WEEK 13
    A BREAK WEEK
    WEEK 14

I've placed next week as a break week for a couple of reasons:
    1) It's probably a little late to expect people to send in strategies for Monday when I've left it until now to say whether or not we'll be competing next week (my bad).
    2) I would like to ask Tomzilla to confirm how much distance is between the teams in the Themyscira arena, which is the venue for Week 2 (it's not in the arena profile).

Regarding credits/purchases, the 2 credits I promised after every match will also be given on break weeks. So, we'll all be getting an additional 40 credits to spend as the season progresses - that's 2 for the first 13 gameweeks and 2 for all 7 break weeks (obviously, week 14 won't involve any credits being given as there won't be any more matches after that).

This is an important point, however: You can only make purchases in break weeks. And you must do so before the end of the Wednesday in any given break week. This will ensure everyone knows exactly what they're up against in good time.

I'll create purchasing threads and update points/credit info after this week's votes conclude. As of Monday, you'll all have 2 credits in the bank that you can either save or spend before Wednesday. You won't be able to spend again until the next break week after Week 3.

For the record, I'll be voting tomorrow and giving my reasons. I am simply taking the opportunity to use as much time as possible to make up my mind, having read the debates etc.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That actually works for me quite well, as this weekend is going to be busy.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Themyscira Arena Profile has been updated.

Schedule looks good and I like the break/points set up.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I'm in the middle of making my final voting decisions and a day out at the pub has just reared its ugly head (it's a bank holiday in England, meaning everyone's off work on Monday, so it's a very traditional day for Sunday drinking). I will, therefore, provide my reasoning for the two matches I haven't commented on later!

Believe me when I say I've read everything VERY thoroughly this past week!

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I'm in the middle of making my final voting decisions and a day out at the pub has just reared its ugly head (it's a bank holiday in England, meaning everyone's off work on Monday, so it's a very traditional day for Sunday drinking). I will, therefore, provide my reasoning for the two matches I haven't commented on later!

Believe me when I say I've read everything VERY thoroughly this past week!
    Next time I'll do this as well if I get busy again.

Hope you had a good pub day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Next time I'll do this as well if I get busy again.

Hope you had a good pub day as well.
    Thanks, it was great.

The league table has been updated in the opening post of this thread. And I've created a purchasing thread, where characters/items can be bought. Said thread also shows the number of credits each leaguer currently has, as well as the purchasing status (i.e. whether or not purchases are currently open).

I just finished researching the Head of the Keeper after going down the Buffy rabbit hole of "what was that thing they used against Jasmine?" and reading through episodes about it

I was iffy on spending points just for one character, but she was worth it. Plan B it is......

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I need Toph before the Rematch.

Too bad The Last Airbender never did Chapter 2.

And Earthbening SUCKED in that movie.

Yup... Too bad.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Could everyone please do me a small favour before Monday's matches? Could you all just list your teams in this simple format:

Sinestro (9) w/ Eye of Sin (9) & Magneto's Psychic Resistant Helmet (5)
    Savitar (10) w/ Subjekt-11 Formula (8), Time Stone (9) & Head of the Keeper of the Name (2)
    General Zod (10) w/ Reality Stone (9)
    Surtur (7) w/ Eternal Flame (7)
    Voldemort (6) w/ Extremis (7), Bloodshot Nanites (4) & Absorption of Dark Willow Magic (7)
    Doctor Doom (9) w/ MITRE Headset (9)

I'd like to put these into the opening posts of matches, to give voters an easily accessible snapshot of who's fighting - and if you all do it once, it saves me doing it eight times.

Thanks!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Easy Enough

Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5 w/ Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10
    Rita Repulsa (MMPR) 7 w/ Sentinel (X-Men: DoFP) 7, Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7, Paul Tibbet's Binoculars (Warehouse 13) 7
    Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers) 4, Radioactive Spider Bite (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) 6, Captain America's Vibranium Shield (MCU) 2
    Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9 w/ Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8
    Magneto (X-Men Movies: Young) 8 w/ Star Blade (Smallville) 9, Real World Gun of Choice (Real World) 1, Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10
    T-800 (Terminator Movies) 2 w/ Plastic Gun w/ Mutant Cure Darts (X-Men: The Last Stand) 3, Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (X-Men Movies) 4, Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun (Community) 5
    Godzilla (2000) 9 w/ House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours (MCU) 9, J.A.R.V.I.S. (MCU) 2
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 07-23-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Apocalypse (9) w/Power Stone(9), Mind Stone(8), Absorbtion of Tesseract Energies(10)
    David Haller (10) w/Space Stone(9), Mark of Cain and The First Blade(8)
    Scarlet Witch (10) w/ The Source of all Evil(9)
    Quicksilver (8) w/Gamma Mutation: David Banner(7)
    Sebastian Shaw (6) w/ Luthor's Suit(8), Motherbox(8)
    Mirage (8) w/Absorption of Gravitonium (7), Invisible Suit(2)
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 07-11-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Shadow King (10)
    Illyria (7) w/ Shazam Power (9)
    King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) (10)
    Hela (8) w/ Stormbreaker (9)
    Vanya Hargreeves (9) w/ CRISP (George Version) (Rampage) (6)
    The Night King (8) w/ Absorption of F4 Powers (Fantastic Four: RotSS) (9)
    Buffy Summers (3) w/ Mjolnir (9)
    Thanos (9) w/ Green Lantern Ring (Green Lantern Movie) (9)
    Sherlock Holmes (Cumberbatch) (2) w/ Genie's Lamp (Aladdin) (8) and The Mask (The Mask) 10
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 06-29-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jean Grey (X-Men Movies - Young) 10 + Shocked by Genetically Altered Eels (The Amazing Spider-Man 2) 7 Staff of Devosynn, The (Buffyverse) 2

Flash (DCEU) 9 + Mimetic Polyalloy Upgrade (Terminator Genysis) 6 + Terrigenesis upgrade, Joey Gutierrez (MCU) 4 + Medusa's Head w/ Bag (Clash of the Titans Original) 9 + Kungai Demon's Tak Horn (Buffyverse) 2

Cyborg (DCEU) 7 + Mutari Generator, The (Buffyverse) 3 + Protection Amulet (Charmed) 5 + Terrigenesis upgrade, Yo-Yo (MCU) 5 +Sarcophagus Crystal (Buffyverse) 2

Adam Monroe (Heroes) 2 + Draconian Katra (Buffyverse) 2+ Neuralyzer (Men in Black) 6

Hal Jordan (Green Lantern Movie) 9 + Band of Blacknil (Buffyverse) 2

Ares (DCEU) 8 + Soul Stone, The (MCU) 4 + Power-Sucking Athame (Charmed) 6
    Godzilla (Final Wars) 10