Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Looking at everyone else's teams it feels like I have alot less items and characters than I should and it makes me feel like I missed something everyone else knew about

I mean Jcogg, my God man!! You know we will have to buy things as the Tournament goes on right?
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Extraordinary Member

My strategy was to just cover my basics and look for effective synergies

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Looking at everyone else's teams it feels like I have alot less items and characters than I should and it makes me feel like I missed something everyone else knew about

I mean Jcogg, my God man!! You know we will have to buy things as the Tournament goes on right?
    I actually didn't. This is only my second tournament and the first one died out before we got past the first round.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Please limit profiles to one post - links will do the bulk of the work.
    You say that, but I'm over 460 characters over the limit and I haven't even started on Godzilla or the Terminator yet.

EDIT: It took some trimming, but I made it fit. Guess I can't buy any more stuff throughout the League though.
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 04-30-2021 at 08:08 PM.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I start and end against Stigmazilla. hopefully it will be great victories bookending my performance in the League!!

*looking at it*

Oh, EVERYONE starts and ends fighting the same team. Interesting. Some people will probably bookend, and some may find a redemptive character arc where the team that beat them in the beginning gets beat by them in the end!

We're allowed to relocate items once we buy new people for them right? Like if I initially had Han Solo and gave him the light sabre I bought, only to buy Luke a few rounds in, I could then give him the light sabre?
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 05-01-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    We're allowed to relocate items once we buy new people for them right? Like if I initially had Han Solo and gave him the light sabre I bought, only to buy Luke a few rounds in, I could then give him the light sabre?
    In all the leagues we’ve done, that’s never been the case before, as it doesn’t give upcoming opponents much chance to prepare for the change(s) when it comes to writing strategies.

On an unrelated note, please remember to put character/item values into team profiles. This not only gives people an idea of the power levels of every character/item, it also makes it easier to ensure every character adheres to the rules when it comes to how many credits have been spent on them.

Reminder: No character/item combination should be less than 10 in total. No character/item combination should be more than 30 in total. This attempts to ensure that no characters are too powerful and that none are surplus to requirements. It essentially ensures fairness across the board.

Of course, the above “no less than 10” rule doesn’t apply to characters who are purchased with credits earned during the season. It only applies now, so we’re starting on a level playing field.
    Last edited by KJS; 05-02-2021 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Typo

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I'll get my team profile up and done tomorrow.

Alot of great looking teams out there, much more diverse then some past Tourneys. Should be an good season!
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It's not my thing, but I'll stick my nose in here and say congratulations on getting this running again, all!

Very nostalgic feeling, looking at the front page. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Very nostalgic feeling, looking at the front page. ^_^
    May we get this one stickied instead of the 2015 one then?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    May we get this one stickied instead of the 2015 one then?
    Better ask Guy1 or the Watcher; I'm an ex-mod these days. ^_^ I'm sure they'd be happy to replace the old one with something current!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    In all the leagues we’ve done, that’s never been the case before, as it doesn’t give upcoming opponents much chance to prepare for the change(s) when it comes to writing strategies.

On an unrelated note, please remember to put character/item values into team profiles. This not only gives people an idea of the power levels of every character/item, it also makes it easier to ensure every character adheres to the rules when it comes to how many credits have been spent on them.

Reminder: No character/item combination should be less than 10 in total. No character/item combination should be more than 30 in total. This attempts to ensure that no characters are too powerful and that none are surplus to requirements. It essentially ensures fairness across the board.

Of course, the above “no less than 10” rule doesn’t apply to characters who are purchased with credits earned during the season. It only applies now, so we’re starting on a level playing field.
    I seem to remember us reasigning items in League 3, but regardless. Are we keeping the 30 point maximum, per character, thought out the rest of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Better ask Guy1 or the Watcher; I'm an ex-mod these days. ^_^ I'm sure they'd be happy to replace the old one with something current!
    And yet your title is The Weeping Mod!

I seem to remember us reasigning items in League 3
    Yep, we did it once at the mid-season break point.

Are we keeping the 30 point maximum, per character, thought out the rest of the league?
    No, that and the 10 point minimum disappears after the start. It's just so we all begin on a level playing field, with no surplus characters and nobody made to be so ridiculously overpowered that they're invincible.

Once the season starts and we can buy more characters and items, we can introduce characters of a value less than 10 with no items, and add items to characters that takes their total value over 30.

And yet your title is The Weeping Mod!
    He's weeping because he isn't one anymore

The Eternal Librarian TheBookDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I'll get my team profile up and done tomorrow.

Alot of great looking teams out there, much more diverse then some past Tourneys. Should be an good season!
    Seeing that you’re my first opponent I’m a little scared. Looks like a good team and Item setup, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I start and end against Stigmazilla. hopefully it will be great victories bookending my performance in the League!!

*looking at it*

Oh, EVERYONE starts and ends fighting the same team. Interesting. Some people will probably bookend, and some may find a redemptive character arc where the team that beat them in the beginning gets beat by them in the end!
    Yeah I’ll get to have a comeback and get Darth Drizzle at the end of the league.