BANNED

Default This is my father - Italian singer/songwriter Gianfranco Caliendo

Italian singer/guitarist/songwriter Gianfranco Caliendo, frontman of the popular band Il Giardino dei Semplici (4 million records sold) from 1974 to 2012. Also, composer of the song "Turuturu", worldwide hit (1,2 million records sold) performed by Sandy & Junior and many other artists.

14 albums released, 2000 gigs all over Italy as well as States and Romania.

My father is a solo artist from 2012. I will post his official & live videoclips on this same thread. Watch this space.
    He already released two solo records: Memorie di un pazzo and Amanapoli.
    He is about to launch his autobiography book and a new album recorded with his Miele Band.

Give me feedback, I would love that. Thanks.

This is Memorie di un pazzo (memoirs of a madman). It's about his passion for music and his overall career.

2013:

BANNED

This is a third single, issued in January 2015, featuring the rapper Ciccio Merolla. It's a song criticizing TV talent shows and their illusions.

BANNED

2016. Big event in Italy. 6 frontmen of 6 popular Italian bands, together!

70's Gold:

Pietro Paolo Barbella (Santo California); Gianfranco Caliendo (former lead singer of Il Giardino dei Semplici from 1974 to 2012); Claudio Lumetta (Homo Sapiens); Gianni Minuti Muffolini (Daniel Sentacruz Ensemble); Daniele Montenero (Romans); Franco Morgia (former lead singer of Beans from 1972 to 1979).

Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-02-2021 at 08:21 AM.

BANNED

OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP. This is a song dedicated to the very successful Italian singer/songwriter Pino Daniele, who tragically died in 2015.
    The track was issued on Gianfranco's second album, Amanapoli, which was released as a duo work with singer and lyricist Flora Contento in 2016.

Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-13-2021 at 05:17 PM.

BANNED

Here we go. 2016, from the second solo album Amanapoli.
    Official videoclip. Who loves blues here? This is a Neapolitan blues-pop song, and its title means "FU%K OFF"! Seriously.
    Featuring the MIELE BAND, Gianfranco's ensemble of supporting musicians. There's a new album in the pipeline, ready to be launch in 2021. Watch this space.

BANNED

This is the first single/videoclip as solo artist, 2012. It's a "remake" of his original 7-inch vinyl (April 1975), #6 in the Italian chart.

BANNED

Live footage shot at 720 HD. Gianfranco performing "Miele", his huge hit which he first launched at the Sanremo Music Festival 1977.
    This song sold almost 1 million copies. Today, it's an Italian pop classic.
    Enjoy:

BANNED

In 2020, during Italy's lockdown, Gianfranco recorded a brand new single. This time, he played all instruments by himself, being temporarily unable to reunite the Miele Band.
    IO RESTO A CASA (I stay at home) tells about life in the middle of the pandemy in a poetic way, and it's a ray of hope shining in a definitely dark time for the entire human kind.

BANNED

The new single from Gianfranco Caliendo & Miele Band, issued in September 2021:

LE CANZONI DEL GIARDINO

The song mixes prog music with Italian pop melody, while the lyrics are autobiographical. Gianfranco shares the lead vocal duties with the other members of the band: Dami Tedesco (acoustic guitar), Vito Capone (drums) and Piero Pisano (bass). Also featuring Flora Contento, author of the lyrics.

The track is the very first single from the new album, released in May 5th, 2022: OLTRE IL GIARDINO.