Default What is the deal with Warlock what did I miss?

So during the x of swords event I bought that Marvel handbook for the event and when I read Cyphers entry it made it seem like Warlock being back was a secret and that Magik saw Cypher and Warlock talking and was one of the few people who knew the secret. Now in New Mutants Warlock seems to be romping around with no explanation like he has always been there and never went away.
    So what is the deal what did I miss? Why did Cypher want to keep Warlock a secret and when did he reveal that Warlock was back? I even saw a picture that made it seem like Warlock will be at the Hellfire Gala.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think it was just a dropped plot point, possibly due to Covid. It was also a pretty poorly kept secret, like everyone could see Cypher's Warlock arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think it was just a dropped plot point, possibly due to Covid. It was also a pretty poorly kept secret, like everyone could see Cypher's Warlock arm.
    This. Hickman has admited that he drops nuggets tha he has no intention of doing anything with but are seeds for other writers to use. I dont think he ever had a plan with his and no one picked it up so it ended being a plot that went nowhere

I think it could be picked up whenever the Phalanx come back into play, but I feel like it’s been dropped for now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it could be picked up whenever the Phalanx come back into play, but I feel like it’s been dropped for now.
    Yes, there was two aspects to it, the hidden Warlock was dropped but that HoXPoX scene of the infected Krakoan vegetation could still mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Ythat HoXPoX scene of the infected Krakoan vegetation could still mean something.
    I just took it as Warlock having a snack.

While I'm glad that Warlock is now fully used and not just an artifact for Cypher, I wish they at least made a story about him.
    Maybe instead of one of those many Summer family X-Men issues.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

I wish they followed through with whatever the reason he was being “hidden”. They made it such a point that it was a secret and then all of sudden it wasn’t. Why bother setting it up? At some point one of the writer’s should have explored it, especially during XoS since Warlock was a “sword”. Kind of disrespectful to Warlock as a sentient being, but whatever. And I miss Cypher’s Warlock arm.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes, there was two aspects to it, the hidden Warlock was dropped but that HoXPoX scene of the infected Krakoan vegetation could still mean something.
    If someone picks it up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If someone picks it up.
    If the Phalanx show up to eat the Krakoan Worldmind we will know.

Well that makes sense I missed nothing seems weird how they would put it in a guide book then immediately drop it. I wonder what other plot points were just dropped that I never noticed and how far the story line has strayed from what it was orginally supposed to be seems like people are just doing what they want now.