Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I have so many conflicting feelings on Rosenberg’s run. We know he had to set things up for Hickman, but I wonder how much was done for Hickman.

Damn shame since Hickman is leaving with unfinished plot points.

I remember that one! It was such a good showing of his telepathy! Not a bad issue.
    It's so sad that with Hickman leaving they'll be so may plot points that will never get answered. One I still want to know is what were Hickman's reasons for Chamber still having his face and chest blown out after resurection. He said he had reasons for both Cyclops and Chamber, and only showed Cyclops's. I guess we'll never find out apart from the reason probably being it's his unique look.

With Halloween almost on us I was reminded of when he was seduced by Dracula.

RCO033_1465471013.jpg
    RCO034_1465471013.jpg
    RCO035_1465471013 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    It's so sad that with Hickman leaving they'll be so may plot points that will never get answered. One I still want to know is what were Hickman's reasons for Chamber still having his face and chest blown out after resurection. He said he had reasons for both Cyclops and Chamber, and only showed Cyclops's. I guess we'll never find out apart from the reason probably being it's his unique look.

With Halloween almost on us I was reminded of when he was seduced by Dracula.

RCO033_1465471013.jpg
    RCO034_1465471013.jpg
    RCO035_1465471013 (1).jpg
    Tbh, I think he was just saying that. I honestly feel like he was just saying a lot of things, but it doesn’t seem like he really planned on delivering. Which is a shame, because with a character like Jono, I would really like an explanation.

I also think if he was going to leave like he is (which I know is unexpected, but come on) he should have just skipped the whole Arakko plot and actually did something to build up the whole Earth based plot line he’s leaving behind. Maybe then, X-Men fans would have be given the opportunity to actually read about characters they know and care about instead of a bunch of new ones. ESPECIALLY after they went ahead and lied by saying there would be no more new characters for awhile. Now that Hickman is leaving I feel we’re gonna be seeing a whole bunch of new characters and established ones are just going to be wallpaper.

This is just another one of many things that will be unfinished/untold on Chamber’s end. Us poor fans have a list.

lol “Seduced” I guess that’s the right word for it. Dracula was such a creeper in that story. Leave those kids alone!

One of my favorite Halloween one shots. XD
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Tbh, I think he was just saying that. I honestly feel like he was just saying a lot of things, but it doesn’t seem like he really planned on delivering. Which is a shame, because with a character like Jono, I would really like an explanation.

I also think if he was going to leave like he is (which I know is unexpected, but come on) he should have just skipped the whole Arakko plot and actually did something to build up the whole Earth based plot line he’s leaving behind. Maybe then, X-Men fans would have be given the opportunity to actually read about characters they know and care about instead of a bunch of new ones. ESPECIALLY after they went ahead and lied by saying there would be no more new characters for awhile. Now that Hickman is leaving I feel we’re gonna be seeing a whole bunch of new characters and established ones are just going to be wallpaper.

This is just another one of many things that will be unfinished/untold on Chamber’s end. Us poor fans have a list.

lol “Seduced” I guess that’s the right word for it. Dracula was such a creeper in that story. Leave those kids alone!

One of my favorite Halloween one shots. XD
    Yeah he seems to love putting things out there and never getting back to answering them. Which for fans is frustrating as we get excited.

Oh man I agree with you so much . I would love to see more on what's happening with the earth mutants. How they feel to be living on the island. What's going on in the world they left and what they think of that? Especially for the ones who find themselves alive again. I can't belive no writer wanted to show the reunions and what they missed out on and trying to fit into a new world means. I think with gen x and new x-men fans it kinda feels like you're looking for any mention, always looking for them in the background, but really never getting it. I was so excited when New Mutants first came out as we were promised spotlights on other teams, and seeing ones that aren't original new mutants, but that kinda got set aside for more new characters too.

Ah talking of things happening to Jono being forgotten he was bitten by Dracula and nothing happens. He's cursed with neat plot points that go nowhere. I loved the one where Jubilee dreams of horror movie monsters. I miss those funny team moments in comics. Jono was a terror with popcorn.

Chamber makes a one panel, one line appearance in Phoenix Song: Echo #1.

I can’t tell you too much about it because I kept zoning out.
    lol thanks, I found the page, I'm gonna link b/c the image is huge:

https://readcomicsonline.ru/uploads/...pters/1/14.jpg

weird, I get Forge b/c he's Native American, but I wonder why the writer chose Jono and not another better known X-man. Another case of "writer likes this obscure character and wants to use him somewhere?" Ii wonder if he'll appear again in the rest of the series.

Actually I wonder if it had to do with Jono being mute? Echo is deaf right? Can she communicate verbally? Maybe the writer chose two X-men who have things in common with her, being Native American and a disability unable to communicate verbally?

I love that Halloween issue...perfect art...has one of the creepiest full page splash* art of Jono ever done.

*had to google that...I knew it wasn't spread which is two full pages. Learn something new...
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 10-28-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Gen X days.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    lol thanks, I found the page, I'm gonna link b/c the image is huge:

https://readcomicsonline.ru/uploads/...pters/1/14.jpg

weird, I get Forge b/c he's Native American, but I wonder why the writer chose Jono and not another better known X-man. Another case of "writer likes this obscure character and wants to use him somewhere?" Ii wonder if he'll appear again in the rest of the series.

Actually I wonder if it had to do with Jono being mute? Echo is deaf right? Can she communicate verbally? Maybe the writer chose two X-men who have things in common with her, being Native American and a disability unable to communicate verbally?

I love that Halloween issue...perfect art...has one of the creepiest full page splash* art of Jono ever done.

*had to google that...I knew it wasn't spread which is two full pages. Learn something new...
    It's been a while since I've read anything with Echo, but I think she does speak verbally. She can read lips but has a hard time understanding anyone with a mask on or lip coverings. I wonder if your right and Jono was used briefly as they have Echo who's deaf, Daredevil who's blind and then Jono being mute. It was a bit of a why's Jono there appearance tho.

Oh what splash art was that?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Gen X days.

I really miss Chris drawing like that. That was the moment I knew I'd love Jono. The horror in his appearance, but the longing and hope in his words.

Poor old Jono. Maybe he just likes having half his face missing?

@Salemdelight Oh my God... it is SO frustrating. I think it's because he had this "master plan" and did not want to give too much away, but now we have nothing!

Exactly! We were given this great opportunity to see some real world building going on with the X-Men we know and love and for some reason they just threw it aside. It completely blows my mind. That's also one of the reasons I did not like things under Hickman. Instead of giving us explanations we were just given this status and told that all the mutants accept and love it. Even mutants who really should not have been happy.

I know I saw some fans saying that Icarus was back and how he hated being a mutant. But now he's on the island and just chillin'. The only way they were able to really make this work was to have mass ooc and I hated it.

I was also really excited for New Mutants for the same reason even though I did not like the way Hickman wrote Jono, but I was still willing to give Brisson a chance. But he just squandered his opportunity on Glob Herman and mediocre story-telling. Not to mention having Jono pining after Magma. His run is not missed.

I really think that for something that supposedly had a lot of planning, it really came together rather poorly. And I know that Hickman was trying to stop the whole extinction event storytelling, something that I REALLY appreciate, but I honestly feel that with the way things are looking in X-Men Unlimited we might be heading around that direction again.

I really feel they missed an opportunity to address the whole resurrections/reunion thing. Maybe if they put out a book of one-shots or something. Heck! Even if they made it an exclusive thing! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING!

lol Jono is the master of hanging plot threads! I also miss those fun stories. Generation X was such a good team, I would love to see them together again in the vein of the New Mutants. T_T

@jawbreaker Yeah, it was unexpected. I'll be surprised if they actually do something with him though. I was thinking the writer wanted a cameo or the artist asked to include him. lol

Yes! The art was so good on that Halloween issue. I think they really got that mood right.

@kevlon lol Poor guy has a serious case of status quo.

Man, I miss when Bachalo's work looked like that.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

More Gen X.

I really miss Chris drawing like that. That was the moment I knew I'd love Jono. The horror in his appearance, but the longing and hope in his words.
    Yeah, he was a whole different artist.

This would make a good icon.

I'm surprised they didn't have him evolve into his Mini-Poccy look, but original powers

I think even if he's resurrected with his lower face he'd have the same probably he originally did. His powers would just keep burning it off. So, little point in trying to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I think even if he's resurrected with his lower face he'd have the same probably he originally did. His powers would just keep burning it off. So, little point in trying to fix it.
    Well.. they said at one point that (in theory) if he had better control of his powers that wouldn't be a thing.

Oh what splash art was that?
    its the full page were I think the kids are eating breakfast and he's standing in the doorway looking like a bandaged zombie. I tried to look for a scan of it online but no luck. I need to check through my old files to see if i have it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't have him evolve into his Mini-Poccy look, but original powers
    I think they got rid of that look when they decided to give Apoc a young clone (Evan.) Its annoying how they left Jono out of every Apocalypse related storyline since he got re-powered and revealed to be a descendant of his. Whatever...it was probably for the best.

@Salemdelight Oh my God... it is SO frustrating. I think it's because he had this "master plan" and did not want to give too much away, but now we have nothing!

Exactly! We were given this great opportunity to see some real world building going on with the X-Men we know and love and for some reason they just threw it aside. It completely blows my mind. That's also one of the reasons I did not like things under Hickman. Instead of giving us explanations we were just given this status and told that all the mutants accept and love it. Even mutants who really should not have been happy.

I know I saw some fans saying that Icarus was back and how he hated being a mutant. But now he's on the island and just chillin'. The only way they were able to really make this work was to have mass ooc and I hated it.

I was also really excited for New Mutants for the same reason even though I did not like the way Hickman wrote Jono, but I was still willing to give Brisson a chance. But he just squandered his opportunity on Glob Herman and mediocre story-telling. Not to mention having Jono pining after Magma. His run is not missed.

I really think that for something that supposedly had a lot of planning, it really came together rather poorly. And I know that Hickman was trying to stop the whole extinction event storytelling, something that I REALLY appreciate, but I honestly feel that with the way things are looking in X-Men Unlimited we might be heading around that direction again.

I really feel they missed an opportunity to address the whole resurrections/reunion thing. Maybe if they put out a book of one-shots or something. Heck! Even if they made it an exclusive thing! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING!

lol Jono is the master of hanging plot threads! I also miss those fun stories. Generation X was such a good team, I would love to see them together again in the vein of the New Mutants. T_T

All I can hope is the reboot next year will bring some new things and answers. But it looks like more of the same just a bit of a shuffle. Hickman reminds me of j j abrams, puts out so many mystery boxes, but they never get opened. A lot of writing seems to hit being OOC just to make things fit on the island, like you say with Jay being okay. Or having so many villains that hurt so many mutants and yet no fighting breaking out.

Same. I thought gen x in NM under Hickman was more a joke. Jono was quite ooc. Maybe it would have been better if he was with Skin instead of Mondo, who he barely knew in the past. Him and Angelo can act so silly when together that it may have fit more them sitting out a fight. But, seeing Chamber miss a fight was a big no in my mind as he’s always raring to protect his friends. And, yeah Briston was a waste. The Magma thing was so lazy, he saw two fire mutants and thought why not. No callback to if Jono was still with jubes and he's not a fire mutant (sort of lol). I was sad that Vita ignored them completely though. Especially as they were doing a story with mutants not happy with how they look. They would make a killing with a resurrection or island life mini. So many people have said they want to know how their faves are faring or the highs and lows of living on a mutant nation. I would have killed to see Gen X waiting on Ange and Synch being resurrected as their deaths hit them hard. And, man I'd love a reunion. The one panel we got in the Gala was bitter sweet because it was missing Jono and Husk. Seeing Emma propose something to Banshee at the Hellfire gala got me excited for a second.

I hope that we get more Gen X in the reboot. It’s just a shame to have the team whole again and yet be ignored.

Sorry if I’m rambling nonsense. I’ve been kicking a cold's butt all week.